Treasure Hunter
5160 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 28, 2013
Spoiler
Do like the Golden Stapler Statue, making it a nice reward for finishing Xi Continuum in my opinion

@nDreams, with all the bad and good thats been said, you made us come and get involve here with Xi Continuum, which is nice to see, overall looking forward to the next episode.

Spoiler
Hmmm, looking forward to a possible Stapler resurection, you can only dream huh NDreams ;p

also last nights party that x-champ-x organized was very nice & seeing some of yas that have been involved in this, looking forward to more with you all.

@anamri, here the picture of you with your stapler shirt.

Wanted to say, you did such a fantastic job updating this thread each and every day of this episode

Message 1691 of 1,743 (718 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

Raven_Croft75 wrote:

I got two ways to get up there now...The way where ya got to wiggle ya way up to the platform and I got another where the stair case is located. So no more wiggling for me Smiley Happy 

Spoiler
I like the golden statue of Stabler thou. Awesome gift for the ending of Xi-C Smiley Happy 

If I continue to unlock more rooms, one has a staircase to it?

Yeah its located close to the Cypher machine on the left side....I got two add ons to my apt actually and the spoiler gift as well. 

To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 1692 of 1,743 (714 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Xi: 3 - Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba [SPOILERS]

Jan 28, 2013

I've figured out the plot behind Xi 3. If you place a Gz Kitten in Bad Stapler's hand, the truth will be revealed.

Spoiler
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama Ingonyama

BadStapler2

Message 1693 of 1,743 (689 Views)
Sackboy
421 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Here are my thoughts about the overall experience and what I think should be done to make the next chapter(s) even better.

* There needs to be more for players to actually DO in the Continuum. Currently you can:

- Explore, hang out, and chat in the Continuum.
- Look for Fragments each day.
- Play the Combat minigame.
- Run Tracker/Search missions on specific days.
- Run Combat missions on specific days.
- Read the Axopedia in HQ.

Most of the 47 days involved doing the same type of mission again and again, with a few interesting events happening here and there. I can understand them doing it this way to make the game last longer, but overall Xi Continuum needs way more variety in missions. It could also use more RPG elements.

The opening segment was done extremely well, including the little minigame where you had to look for the battery, cable, and pass code to open the door in the mysterious warehouse. That tiny segment of gameplay felt like something you would have done in the original Xi, and I think it was a lot more interesting and fun than any of those missions we did throughout the 47 days (although chasing the teleporting MerylSilverTongue simulacrum was pretty cool). Give us more of THAT!

And by that, I don't mean give us more "Search for Item A and Item B to open Door C," I mean...well crap, I guess I'll just have to give you examples since I can't seem to think of the proper words to express it in a sentence.

Xi Contiuum Mystery A.jpg

What are these trash bins for, I wonder?

Xi Continuum Mystery B.jpg

Hmm, mysterious... Who is selling these? Why are they more colorful than most of the Continuum?

Xi Continuum Signboard.jpg

How about a future puzzle that involves signboards like these?

Mission Example 1: Some mysterious sounds have been heard over in the park by the Stone Henge monument at night. Agents must investigate. Agents discover strange machine-like animal built out of random parts of junk. Animal runs away. Agents must follow it, to figure out where it came from. Animal leads agents to a doorway in one of the many alleyways of the Continuum, but the door is locked with a mysterious clue scraped on it. Agents get to keep the animal as a pet (yaaay a reward!) and we're left wondering what the clue is a reference to so that we can open that door and see where it leads.

Mission Example 2: Someone has left a ball and a note on the doorstep of your apartment. The writer asks "Will you play ball with me?" and tells you to bring the ball to the town square in the Continuum, where you find another note on one of the tables. This note gives you a set of directions. You follow them and wind up in the parking lot where a basketball goal has been graffitied on one of the brick walls, telling you to shoot the ball. You shoot the ball and it disappears into the wall. You approach the wall but it appears to be solid. Perhaps another mission opens up in the future relating to this phenomenon.

Mission Example 3: It's...raining in the Continuum!? More specifically, it's raining in certain parts of the Continuum. To figure out where each of them is, you must climb to the highest point in the Continuum and make note of several rain clouds. Now you must investigate each area situated beneath these rain clouds, until you discover an umbrella. You pick up the umbrella and get zapped by lightning. You regain consciousness to see the umbrella has transformed into a sword. Free sword, woot!

Mission Example 4: Some of the Light People have been acting strange. You must locate the ones emitting a different hum from the others and follow them, to see where they are coming from. They take you to a train station you didn't know existed. Will you hop aboard?

Mission Example 5: That free sword you obtained in Mission Example 3 apparently came from a statue somewhere in the Continuum. You must follow some clues until you eventually find it, and place the sword in the statue's hand to uncover a secret pathway. Where it goes is anyone's guess.

Mission Example 6: There's another side of the Continuum we have yet to uncover. Remember those stained glass reflections? They've now been spotted in different spaces within Home. You must first begin your search in Aurora, where you have to dig the patch of ground under the stained glass reflection. You dig up the next clue, and follow it to another space with yet another stained glass reflection. The cycle continues...

Mission Example 7: The manhole inside Axiom HQ has been opened. It leads you into some sewers. You must navigate these maze-like sewers (filled with giant rats that want to eat your avatar), until you eventually come to another ladder. Where does it lead? Shocker! The ladder leads to the manhole inside Central Plaza! Central Plaza has returned! Smiley Very Happy

See what I mean? Utilize the environments and setting you have created to inspire more unique missions for your players to complete. They don't have to be complicated.

* I feel like the agents from the card battle game should play a MUCH larger role. We should be able to meet each of them throughout the Continuum and carry out unique tasks/missions they give us. In exchange, they provide us assistance in future missions when we need it. Basically, give each of these characters a STORY! Doesn't that sound like a fun idea?

* MORE VOICE ACTING! I don't know what happened after that intro, but I was very disappointed you didn't have the actress playing Jess voicing her lines throughout all the missions we played. Why did we only get to hear EatFlamingDeath's voice once? Why did we only get to hear Tiberius's voice once? Why didn't we get to hear any of the other characters' voices? The opening gave the impression the full game would be voice acted, but it turned out not to be the case. Would it have been too much to hire more voice work?

* There were waaay too many times I would miss reading all of the dialogue being exchanged. Please let us read the dialogue at our own pace. Let me press the x button to continue the next line of text before they speak again, so that I actually have time to read it all.

* Although it makes sense that agents would have different skills they specialize in, I'd much rather battle enemies with my own avatar, instead of using associates in the combat game. I actually made a thread about this a little while back, so if you check it out you'll have a better idea of what I'm getting at. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Xi-Continuum-Combat-through-Emotes/td-p/3922...

You get all that? Good. Now about that party...

Xi Continuum Bad Staplers.jpg

The Stapler Five are alive! Smiley LOL

Also...

Bad Stapler 1.JPG

Bad Stapler 2.JPG

Bad Stapler 3.JPG

Those were some funny bits I had to share. Smiley LOL

Party was great! Wish Ana and Ben could have stayed longer! Heck, I wish more people had attended! But overall, it was a nice gathering. Whoever said Home wasn't about community and all about money, I have this to say:

I.N.  Y.O.U.R.  F.A.C.E.

Xi Continuum Stapler Sandwich.jpg

Message 1694 of 1,743 (659 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Jan 28, 2013

yeah I wish I could've too ... we we're about to have that Stapler kung-fu fight Smiley Very Happy ... bought the costume and *POOF* then had a hard time logging back on PSN not just Home and realised my internet itself was crapped out

But in the short time I was online, it was nice to see most of the posters on this forum we're there, having a good time Smiley Happy

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 1695 of 1,743 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1572 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks to everyone who came out to the event last night. Nice seeing and meeting people who've helped on the forum over the past 47 days, and those Xi vets.

Photobucket
| The Club of Champions | Five years & counting | @ClubofChampions
Message 1696 of 1,743 (611 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ It just occurred to me....

Spoiler
...our apartments look like the remains of the Continuum after it blew up, don't they? The park is in two pieces, Snowcrash is in two pieces, Axiom HQ's interrogation room and other sections are only partly complete, there are scattered blocks of.... something floating everywhere. The whole thing is built around the theme of an explosion.

;^) Pretty cool foreshadowing, now that I think of it.

It's not just our apartments also check the first place we went to when the game started.  Right from the start I thout it was an explosion of some time and frozen in time for all to view.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1697 of 1,743 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3859 posts

Jan 28, 2013

McJorneil's McJournal:

[Snip!]

* MORE VOICE ACTING! I don't know what happened after that intro, but I was very disappointed you didn't have the actress playing Jess voicing her lines throughout all the missions we played. Why did we only get to hear EatFlamingDeath's voice once? Why did we only get to hear Tiberius's voice once? Why didn't we get to hear any of the other characters' voices? The opening gave the impression the full game would be voice acted, but it turned out not to be the case. Would it have been too much to hire more voice work?

:^/ Well, from time to time, Jess addressed the player by his screen name. That only works with text. I'm sure that was part of the reason for limiting the voice acting. That, and using text allows the writers to tweak the dialog up to the last minute, while video and audio are less flexible.

Message 1698 of 1,743 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3859 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Y2David Y2Declared:

also last nights party that x-champ-x organized was very nice & seeing some of yas that have been involved in this, looking forward to more with you all.

@anamri, here the picture of you with your stapler shirt.

Wanted to say, you did such a fantastic job updating this thread each and every day of this episode

;^) I see a Danger_Dad arm in the shot! So cool to be on the Internet...!
Message 1699 of 1,743 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

@ Anton - You can make it easier to get up that invisible blockade to the bus stop area by putting a rug down as a sort of ramp over that in visible step.

VLR
Message 1700 of 1,743 (581 Views)