Survivor
1979 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 27, 2013

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

Cat Mad I'm not done with day 47 yet, but whoever thought card games for this was a great idea should be fired.

I would go as far as to fire them ... lol  I found the Snowcrash to be rather unfair to me.  For some reason I always felt like I was working against the programming while playing with live ppl.  I would always get attacked by my own buffs. lol I am stuck at 14 wins and 38 losses.

Message 1631 of 1,743 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Enistachia wrote:

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

Cat Mad I'm not done with day 47 yet, but whoever thought card games for this was a great idea should be fired.

I would go as far as to fire them ... LOL  I found the Snow Crash to be rather unfair to me.  For some reason I always felt like I was working against the programming while playing with live people.  I would always get attacked by my own buffs. LOL I am stuck at 14 wins and 38 losses.

I only played at Snow Crash to give my friends wins.

I think I'm just done until Episode 2 is released.

And if that cost money & reveals nothing new then I hope its not sold to me for not completing day 47.

Message 1632 of 1,743 (367 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1078 posts

Jan 27, 2013

i think the reason why it went boom is because of the very first bomb remember . it was in our apartments , then it was de-actived then moved to the area that was behind the laser grid where we found it in pieces . there's our fourth bomb they used our own bomb against us .hows that for a theory ?

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 1633 of 1,743 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Does anyone know if we reset and want to start again do we lose all our awarded associates and total wins for the multiplayer game?
Message 1634 of 1,743 (353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1078 posts

Jan 27, 2013

i'm not sure

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 1635 of 1,743 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

I shouldn't really be surprised at the ending.  If you think about it, even though there were two possible endings in the original Xi - no one seemed to like those endings either!

Spoiler
nDreams simply like to blow things up Smiley Very Happy

I have to say, as a writer and game maker (on a MUCH smaller scale) - nDreams really needs to learn what makes a game ending great.  People want to feel like all their hard work was WORTH SOMETHING.  They want to be the hero, because they rarely are in real life. 

I wasn't a fan of the plot as a whole, because it just seemed all over the place.  What might have been meant as a way to keep us guessing, seemed more like they had different people taking over writing the story every day.  It didn't fit together at all.  So many things didn't make any sense, motivation-wise.

All in all, I am grateful for the community experience, I love the Vertigo apartment, and i look forward to the free LMO items.

Message 1636 of 1,743 (349 Views)
Wastelander
635 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I think they did a good job of trying to make something fun and different for Home users to do. Do I believe it could gave been better? Sure, probably. Since I just missed the first Xi game by weeks I can't judge that issue. But, I do know that it isn't over yet and that was just a part of what is to come. So, I'll wait to see what else they come up with next. More than likely I will purchase the next phase of the game because playing this game HAS given me a reason to come into Home every day! ; )

You guys were ALL fantastic help and I can't thank you more for all the help and guidance that you have given everyone. Kudos to you all!
Message 1637 of 1,743 (348 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Well, now that it's done, I'd like to thank YOU guys ... every single one of you that came on this thread to help, or speculate or post your findings (and especially for using spoiler tags everywhere)

If there was any sense of community participation in this game, it's all because of the posters on this thread, and for that I personally say THANK-YOU Smiley Very Happy

Also, the biggest thanks of allgoes to Ana, (portraying as the op) ... for starting this thread (lots of work there) and then for updating it every day, EVERYONE owes you a big thanks, as you did an awesome job Smiley Happy

Lastly, thank-you nDreams Smiley LOL

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 1638 of 1,743 (346 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I was really excited when the sky turned back to blue, and then they respawned us in the dreary, ominous grey sky Continuum. Robot Sad

Message 1639 of 1,743 (318 Views)
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Jan 27, 2013

nDreams shot themselves in the foot with the Snowcrash combat. I mean, rewards for only the first, tenth and hundredth win? They should have had stuff at every fifth win, at the very least, to keep people interested. If OrbRunner and the combat game had the same weak incentive system, I wouldn't have bothered as long as I have.

On another note, I feel kinda doltish now that it's over. All this time, I was wondering who played Jess when I could have gone to the IMDb to check. Now I know her name is Reena Lalbihari.

One more thing. I think the disappointment everybody is feeling is due to the shortness of Xi so far. The first one ran twelve weeks. We've played about half that time. I wonder if the next episode will last another six.

Message 1640 of 1,743 (283 Views)