Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 21, 2013

x-champ-x wrote:

Hope I get this spoiler thing right. Here's the last 3 apartment unlock areas...

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Xiapt1
Spoiler
New park/stonehenge area and you can barely see it (better in fullscreen) behind the stairs is the brick wall with window which we holds aszero right now.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Xiapt2

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Thanks to anamri for pointing out the brick wall area and to SeeImage who says the green/white wall part is the same walls in the original Xi manhole.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, What do I win? 
So Id assume we will be going down there again soon

Photobucket
Message 1501 of 1,743 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
379 posts

Jan 21, 2013

what do you win? For sure the most spoiler tags in one post award. *SPEECH*

Message 1502 of 1,743 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Re LeeStone71's Subjects...

The prime suspect that is believed to have compromized the identity of a number of Axion Agents in a series of posts has been identified and captured on camera.

Suspect identified earlier today found sat in the main Continuum plaza conversing with a (rather scary looking) young girl. Both then proceeded to the south end of the Plaza and remained for several minutes. The young girl disapeared and is not considered to be involved.

Prime suspect then remained alone under the lamp post, but noone approached.

Shortly after I engaged him in conversation, the suspect proved to be charming but a full report will be sent to Axion HQ for evaluation. Any further pictures of suspect a priority.

The hunter hunted Smiley Wink

Gotcha Woman Happy

Message 1503 of 1,743 (474 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Lol, Mermaid. You made my day!
:-)
Message 1504 of 1,743 (422 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:
Mine are the same as TC915's which includes todays puzzle answer, so this is for everything upto and includeing Day 41.

I've not religiously checked after each mission that my stats are correct but I think there where they should be. I'm just trying to look back now to see how many of each missions we've had.

No!  That was for day 40 so you are also missing a day.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1505 of 1,743 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Continuum

Jan 22, 2013

Ren_Echo wrote:
King0fHearts2007, interesting questions. My responses are in blue below.

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:
King0fHearts2007, I didn't mean to imply that your facts were wrong in any way, just that I had a different interpretation of them. 
Yes, and thats what I was saying about your post.
I don't think we're the bad guys.

Here's the story as I see it (not everything, just the board strokes). EFD hacked PS Home and by doing so exceeded the security protocols put into place at the end of the original Xi. This prompted an investigation of EFD by Axiom and by following her the Continuum was discovered. After initial exploration of this hidden space, evidence was discovered that someone was building a real world criminal organization inside of it. At this point, all former Xi operatives were reactivated and new ones were recruited to deal with this threat. The agents were not told of this organization, only that EFD had to be stopped.

EFD hacked PS Home.  Why Axiom would care about this is unknown but it has led to a bigger threat which is this criminal organization. This organization is the real reason we are there.

In the pregame leading up to to the start of the game; Aurora, the Xi Museum, and the Action District were set on fire, presumably by EFD. I said that she hacked these spaces because I don't know how else she would be able to accomplish this.

Ok, point taken but as I said before this is all virtual  so no real damage was ever done.

After entering the Continuum, Xi operatives find out that the builders of the space are a group calling itself Divine Zero. All attempts to contact this group fail and a decision is made to destroy the Continuum using an I/O Scrambler Bomb. The bomb was constructed but after the discovery of fragments of the Quinta Essentia, the plan is called off and the bomb is disabled. Later on the bomb is stolen by an unknown party and is discovered in a disassembled state in the Hole in the Firewall gang's area.

I agree with you regarding the bomb, that should have been Sony's call not Axiom's. As far as what GW would do? Well creating a whole space on the server without Sony's knowledge is a pretty big security breach. If Sony is cracking down on glitching and item hacks, I don't think they'd be to happy about this. Maybe they would buy out AS0?

Or is it?  One of the things that people some times miss is a lot of the suspects in Xi-2 all worked for Sony at some point.  Is it possable that they work or worked for Home?

Their intentions were good but this space has allowed for a criminal element to establish itself there. That is, if you believe Axiom. At this point, I don't know how we have the authority to do anything in the Continuum. That's above my pay grade. Smiley Happy

At this point I don't believe anyone tell I see facts.  If they are criminals we will find out soon.

At this point, Axiom knew nothing about Divine Zero and apparently we were under constant attack by them. Destroying the Continuum may have seemed the easiest way to deal with the situation but once the fragments were found it was decided that maybe we might be able to work with them and the bomb was disabled.

During a temporary alliance with EFD, information regarding one of the Divine Zeros is found. A simulacrum of this Zero, Merylsilvertongue is sent to make contact with Axiom. The simulacrum is questioned and then disassembled in an effort to find more information of the Zeros. The remains of the simulacrum are stolen by an unknown party and tracked to the Hole in the Firewall gang's area but is not found.

Sorry but this part is a little far fetched for me.  This is what Axiom told us.  But as you and I both know if you disable an Avatar in Home your not going to find a code or anything.  The Avatar it self is just a picture the Home program tells it what to do.  You saw Merylsilvertongue in pieces did you see any codes anywhere?

An avatar is more than just a picture, there is data attached to it. The hope was that some data could be found that would help us find out who Merylsilvertoungue is in the real world. Unfortunately we didn't find anything before it was stolen. Of course, there may have been nothing to find in the first place.

I have to disagree with you on this one.  Right now in Home you can glich an Avatar and look inside of Him or Her and there is nothing there.

Although this may have looked like torture this was not a real person or even an avatar. The simulacrum was merely a construct built to contact Axiom, nothing more.  

I answered this part up top.  But again this is what Axiom told you/us.  Again I "think" this was done on purpose to see what type of reaction that this had on us something that is clearly supposed to look like torture.

That's possible. It wouldn't be the first time this was done, didn't the original Xi have something like this in the end? People seem to be upset about us disassembling this simulacrum but why doesn't anyone care that the N.E.R.D.I.C.A. simulacrum blew up or that the others have bombs in them? Although AS0 made a big deal about Meryl, they obviously don't care that much about these simulacrums if they are willing to destroy the rest. Remember, these are not avatars as we know them.

As far as kicking them from their own space, remember that this space was created on the Sony servers without their knowledge or permission. Even those working on PS Home don't know its there. They may have created the space but they hacked the server to do so. I'm not sure what right Axiom has to do what they want there however but its possible that they are a government sanctioned organization that watches the internet. The only reason I can think of for not allowing the Continuum to be destroyed is that Axiom needs it to track down the criminal organization although they had no problem wanting to blow it up before.

What server it is on we still don't know yet.  Most likely you are right and it is on the Sony server but still think of just how barbaric we are dealing with this.  We are going to war over something where we should be finding other ways to deal with it.

Jess told us on Day 1 that even the people working on PS Home didn't know about the Continuum. That implies that its on the Sony servers. I agree that what we are doing may be an over reaction to AS0 but if there really is a criminal organization, it might explain our actions.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1506 of 1,743 (359 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 22, 2013
As for missions, I'm at (after Day 41):

Searcher/Tracker: 7
Combat: 9
Puzzle: 8
Message 1507 of 1,743 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Jan 22, 2013
:^/ If one of the apartment unlocks resembles the section below the manhole in the original Xi, then it may be relevant that the Axiom HQ has a Xi manhole cover in it. Maybe a upcoming plot element involves it....
Message 1508 of 1,743 (341 Views)
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ If one of the apartment unlocks resembles the section below the manhole in the original Xi, then it may be relevant that the Axiom HQ has a Xi manhole cover in it. Maybe a upcoming plot element involves it....

Spoiler

First thing that comes to mind for me is if we were unable to deactivate the bombs we'll be using that as an escape.

That or it will lead to Xi Museum.

Message 1509 of 1,743 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

I was just thinking that maybe Merylsilvertongue didn't leave AS0 but is in the same situation as sandboxx. On an unrelated note, when Stapler was grafittied in the nDreams store he was basically made to look like N.E.R.D.I.C.A. Kind of an odd thing to do if EFD was behind it.

@LeeStone71: I'm at Search/Tracker: 7, Combat: 9, and Puzzle: 9. We're all at the same point in the game so the numbers should be the same yet people are reporting different stats. Definitely something for nDreams to look into.

@King0fHearts2007: Good point about some of these folks possibly working for Sony. I need to review that business with Adrian again.

EDIT: Is it just a coincidince that the bomb is set to go off around the same time as the big Home update? Our avatars may be blown up either way. Smiley LOL

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1510 of 1,743 (278 Views)