Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 15, 2013

Yeah I'm hoping it's as Stardeth says, it's not the ACTUAL Stapler ... I hope ... blow up my rotund little buddy? Grrrrr  

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 1301 of 1,743 (399 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I had to take a break from the forum for a day or 2, mostly because all the negative threads were starting to kill my spirit lol,.. & since all todays important info is posted already I'll just ramble a bit. The story is the game in my eyes, it's been more fun coming here & seeing everyones theories than the actual game play. But we've got to remember this wasn't created to be an action packed shooter type experience, if we want constant action there are many games available in Home & on disc, ie Peakvok Ninja, Teddy Bear game, RDR, CoD just to name a few. Patchex is correct, & IMO no matter what rewards/freebies they throw at us, it wouldn't change the slow game play in any way. It's on us to make of it what we can, like Lee did w/ his hide & seek type game. Don't get me wrong I do wish there were more things happening on a day to day basis & I hope the later episodes will be more engaging. But I can say I've gotten plenty of enjoyment out of my $9 investment, lol I can't tell ya how many times in the past 34 days I would be in the middle of doing something (non Xi related) & had a thought / theory pop in my head about something the Zeros posted or the Q.E. letter. The game is engaging but you have to put forth a lil effort to make it what you want. Yes you can be spoon feed all the answers & theories we have by coming here, or you can look at it differently & try to find a few more tidbits in unexpected places & things. Granted most of the searching for more answers in odd places will probably be for nothing & won't uncover any extra clues, it's the search that makes the game interesting for me. As for "community" events, yes it would be great if nDreams sponsored a couple each episode, but there's an important word in that phrase "COMMUNITY". If we want events all we have to do is have an idea & get this threads posters to help or participate. The problem is most are out for rewards / freebies, & tho they are nice from time to time, the experiences should be the main goal not "what do I get". If there are any good ideas on events or things we can come to do in the Continuum please post'em & I'll do my best to help get it started or just spread the word.

Spoiler
Now on poor Stapler! it's too bad he's gone. He was a Home icon, even ppl who weren't around during the 1st Xi knew who Stapler was. But we have to remember it was just a copy of Stapler tho I'm not sure if the Continuum is like the Matrix as in if you die in the program you die in real life (lets hope not). Still too many holes in the story to see the end game but hopefully he pops up again before it's over. I'll end w/ a couple of his words...
Spoiler
" Stapler's eyesite is so good he can see back of his head. Zowie! " ... " All human wisdom is summed up in two words, 'wait' and 'hope' " ... eyesite is so good maybe he saw this coming & still has a trick or 2,.. we can only 'wait' and 'hope'

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1302 of 1,743 (393 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

The real Stapler?

Spoiler
Did the real Stapler get blown up?  Remember, Jess said that the mission was to beat "all of the bad Staplers".  And that implies that we fought 4 different Staplers during the combat mission. Maybe the real Stapler is still out there somewhere! One can only hope!
Message 1303 of 1,743 (386 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Jan 15, 2013

@Raven ...

This is what it looked like before it turned red ... there's a much nicer reflection in the AxiomHQ, or there was (I didn't check, it might be red there too now)

Spoiler
church

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 1304 of 1,743 (384 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

Jan 15, 2013

beneloben wrote:

@Raven ...

This is what it looked like before it turned red ... there's a much nicer reflection in the AxiomHQ, or there was (I didn't check, it might be red there too now)

Spoiler
church

The lights on the ground is shaped like a square. Top - Bottom and the corners all around....The reflection on the wall is not squared at all. Its goes up like a tower or something that is looking down at people. The ground lights dont even match the one on the wall...Now why dosent it reflect the exact same square...That is so weird....

To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 1305 of 1,743 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Spoiler
Stapler
Message 1306 of 1,743 (351 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 15, 2013

beneloben wrote:

King of Hearts, you're a funny one ... telling others to get back on topic when YOU we're the one flipping out on politics? Come on lol

The post that you where referring to was a post directed to me that was on politics.  I in no way started that topic but it was directed to me so I did answer it and gave my opinion on it.  I was flipping out?  lol, get real!  You may of read it as me flipping out but that does not mean that I did.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1307 of 1,743 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I'm sure people noticed this by now but I honestly just noticed it today and I thought it was amusing. xD I know about the part where you can see the people playing the maze loaded up below the warehouse, but I never knew you could see the inside of Axiom HQ just floating around in space too.

I was just passing by heading to Stapler and I noticed there was a HAZCON indicator just...chilling out in space. And then when I zoomed in I saw Sandboxx and the code ticker and I realized what it was. xD Just thought it was neat.

Message 1308 of 1,743 (287 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Lee's ppl search really wasn't off topic. Yea it wasn't a Xi tip or clue but it doesn't take up alot of room, a few ppl on here liked his idea & even made a posts about being the "subjects", plus it's not like it's hard to skip right past it if you choose. If this thread didn't include some posts like that lol it would have less than 150 posts. Because technically all of our theories aren't clues or guides & there's only a handful of ppl that actually post daily update info, the rest is all of us just spitballing ideas & theories. The Xi experience is suppose to bring the community together in-game & out. Lee is just trying to help ppl find ways to spend time in the Continuum, since in reality you can play the game for 5-10 mins each day & be done. Plus don't ya think if it were a big problem, it's kinda up to the OP (FCN) to bring up the topic.  I personally welcome any post that give ideas on different ways to utilize the space, after all we did pay $9 to get in it, why not use it as much as possible since the game play is slow at the moment.

Message 1309 of 1,743 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

@ nDreams_Joey,..

Spoiler
 I have been hearing stories of EFD & Meryl showing up in the UK Continuum from my UK friends, and now theres pics on the EU forum showing them there. I understand y'all are EU based & may want to give your countrymen a few tidbits here & there that us NA players will never get, but c'mon mate thats a little crazy. Granted alot of what I've heard was they were either rude or even unresponsive to the players but thats the kind of little surprises that would keep ppl interested & hanging around the Continuum for more than 15 mins (which sadly is what alot of ppl are doin). How hard is it to have them pop up in the NA Continuum? Now to my UK friends don't think this is in anyway directed a slight towards y'all. I think it's great y'all got that little extra but it only seems fair since we all paid to play that we all should get little surprises, why couldn't they have 1 visit UK & 1 visit NA. Hopefully nDreams is reading our thread like they do the EU 1 & all of our suggestions & tips will be atleast considered in the later epsodes!

Message 1310 of 1,743 (262 Views)