Fender Bender
3148 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 15, 2013

After Reading and hearing some news a few mins ago... Im not only dissapointed, yet a bit sad and depressed too... nothing lasts forever, even in the virtual world...

Spoiler
I hate seeing something Die, yet to know Stapler Dies twice is just horrible... Game or no game... its kinda sad when you think of a Virtual robot as a friend, yet to watch him get killed off is bad... I have lots of great friends in PS HOME... and they are not just a charactor in a game, yet for the second time I have just lost a AI friend... I still don't understand why they do that... is it funny? Is it really part of this GAME? what are they thinking? Have everyone... Happy Gaming... 

Photobucket
Message 1281 of 1,743 (326 Views)
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 15, 2013

IDC for most rewards / free items. I don't feel the need to demand any either. And any rewards I have / had enjoyed I would've paid for anyway if it wasn't a reward. Some days I'd love to wake up one morning & find all the rewards were removed. Just to get rid of anyone who solely uses PS Home for free stuff.

I still however hate the card game & wish they'd stop using it in the story.

Enough of that rant. But onto Spoiler Tags.

Spoiler

The bomb was Real. Axiom couldn't or wouldn't deactivate it. (Bad) Stapler is now in more or less pieces than MST. And we now have to wait till AS0 makes another statement.

The most interesting or frustrating thing that happens now is the debate who's the Greater Evil between Axiom & AS0.

I still say its Axiom since if MST wasn't torn apart the whole bomb situation might have been avoided.

Message 1282 of 1,743 (322 Views)
Survivor
2587 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Rest In Peace Old friend :'(

I'm hurt to see that Stapler is gone...

I'm standing in front of his pieces... really depress...

This will hurt the entire Community. Stapler was Home and Home was Stapler.

Our old Robot Smart friend from Xi is now in pieces :'(

Good Bye my friend, and thank you for everything

Stapler (2009-2013)

Message 1283 of 1,743 (295 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1078 posts

Jan 15, 2013

but couldn't we just rebuild stapler ? since he was like a icon to use all , we all loved the little guy and he was everybody's friend . Smiley Happy

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 1284 of 1,743 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Jan 15, 2013

i would rebuild stapler if i had the ability.  i would also install a hover disk so he could move around freely. our robotic buddy deserves it ^.=.^

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 1285 of 1,743 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1620 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Spoiler
So its the end of Mr Stapler.....Time of death..LA time 6.15 am - Date  1/15/2013 - Rest in peace buddy. 
Spoiler

To live in the 50's is to not dream of the future. To live in the future is to dream of the 50's. To acknowledge change is to invite it into your life. To live with simplicity is to enjoy the easy things in life...You decide your lifestyle. Smiley Happy
Message 1286 of 1,743 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I didn't really know Stapler much, myself. But I have a feeling we'll be rebuilding him some time in the future. Most likely in Episode 2.

OT- I would have to agree with Patchex and Jacked-Assassin. The main reason Xi 1 was so fondly remembered (or even early Home for that matter) is because the users were experiencing something new and even with the limitations of Home saw potential for more and made the best of what they had.

It's like every time I read someone say, "Bring back CP!" If they brought it back, it wouldn't change anything. What made CP so important to them wasn't the space itself, but the experience they had. Back then, there was less. Of EVERYTHING. The Home community made the best of what they had and pushed to show what it was capable of. These days, we've all gotten so caught up in what new items and spaces are coming out that we forget to enjoy any of it.

Honestly, I think if we had no more new items to buy or trinkets, we would see a lot of people leave. But the ones that stayed would find ways to make Home their own. And make the best of what they have.

So, yes, I may be a bit disappointed in Xi2. But no more so than the early Home users were in the limitations they had. That's where constructive criticism and our own innovation come in.

I know Joey is reading our posts and he's taking notes.

I will most likely getting chapter 2. Not because of expectations but because I've met a lot of people through Xi2. A lot. Just looking over this thread, I can see many people I've met and talked to. Heck, this thread is as much of the game as anything nDreams or Joey has done. It's built a foundation for a niche community. That is what people who miss the first Xi or CP are really missing. And we should take advantage of that.
Message 1287 of 1,743 (241 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 15, 2013

UPDATED OP              

Updated
           FRAGMENTS           
map

Updated
            MISSIONS             
 to Day 35

Video Walkthroughs to Day 34

(credit: Stryctnin & http://pshomegazette.com/)                         

Do not click below unless you have finished day 35

Spoiler
Stapler's last words: ""Friend hurt Stapler?  Perplex,baffle, bewilder."" Smiley Sad
VLR
Message 1288 of 1,743 (235 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Just fyi, a lot of people have posted spoilers about today.  I know I came to the thread and knew that:

Spoiler
Stapler died

before I did the mission.  I kinda saw it coming, but just saying...

VLR
Message 1289 of 1,743 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 15, 2013

jj_dillon wrote:
No, Rare items are from like limited time events, theres nothing rare about the stuff in the exclusive store unless they plan to take em out within the next month, I could see them being rare that way but not when they're still in the store. Its just a away for Sony (or whoever) to leach money out of the community.

ANYWAY lets get back on topic.

Well that's your definition of what a free item is, but that does not make it true.   A rare item can be anything in Home it does not have to do with an event at all.  To the rest of us a rare item is any item that looks cool that not many users have.

Now can we please get back on-topic.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1290 of 1,743 (223 Views)
0 Likes