Splicer
48 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 8, 2013

I am trying to boost my card game stats here soon and will be purchasing the card packs. I was wondering who would be available this weekend? (as I will be off from work). I understand the tedium of the game that is why when I play it, I usually have netflix running on my Vita... Smiley Wink (Red Dwarf is back on Netlix!!!!) If you can help send a friend request letting me know

Message 1111 of 1,743 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 8, 2013

DigiSim2 wrote:

Am I the only one disappointed in Jess' message today. It seemed a touch lame. The whole thing, particularly the unimaginative name change at the end, made her seem childish. Like she was going, "Neener-neener-neener, come and get me." Since EFD likes to play with her own name, but keeps to the same initialing convention, Jess could have been a little more clever with her teasing. For example, she could have called her ExpelFlatulenceDiscreetly.

One hand your right, on the other that would also be the point of doing what she did. She is trying to force EFD to make a move.  To brag at what she (EFD) did.  By doing that we might get a clue on how to fix what she did.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1112 of 1,743 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Jan 8, 2013

K_Flynn1984 wrote:

I am trying to boost my card game stats here soon and will be purchasing the card packs. I was wondering who would be available this weekend? (as I will be off from work). I understand the tedium of the game that is why when I play it, I usually have netflix running on my Vita... Smiley Wink (Red Dwarf is back on Netlix!!!!) If you can help send a friend request letting me know

i actually really like the Snowcrash game..although i guess im in the minority... its strategic and different. This and Hexx are some of my favorites right now. Only problem is, whenever i go there, its either empty, or the people there are more interested in fighting each other than me

Message 1113 of 1,743 (353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1078 posts

Jan 8, 2013

yu-gi-oooooh lol

Gamer Indepth Podcast
Message 1114 of 1,743 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Spoiler
  • Posted by N.E.R.D.I.C.A.

Hey, you corporate sellout - yes, you with your apartment on the side of a building - do you know what you can do with your Aeropal? You do! Great.

• Posted by Tiberius

Ouch!

• Posted by flaminatorix

another fine opener N.

• Posted by Tiberius

So apparently we put the bomb in the Continuum.

Why - because this makes me so angry - would we - the creators of this space- and this is a great space- in fact this is may be - actually not may be but I think the best space I have ever had a hand in - apart maybe for Q.E. which holds a special place in my heart being numero uno - what was I saying?

• Posted by sandboxx

Why would we destroy our own space?

Z.a.c.t.l.y.

• Posted by flaminatorix

We wouldn't.

Zactly.

• Posted by Tiberius

What do you think happened?

• Posted by flaminatorix

Jeez Tiberius are you always this slow. (_?_) Whoever DID do this cracked Bad Stapler.

• Posted by Tiberius

And put the bomb inside?

• Posted by flaminatorix

Yes! To frame us.

• Posted by flaminatorix

Evidence, tick. Motive, tick. It has to be EFD.

• Posted by Tiberius

She's really got a thing for EFD.

• Posted by flaminatorix

Tiberius!

• Posted by Tiberius

Is it a grrl on grrl thing?

• Posted by sandboxx

flaminatorix just doesn't like EatFlamingDeath.

Tick.

Listen up agents - it's innocent until proven guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 1115 of 1,743 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 9, 2013

@Ranko:

If you wanna actually duel that is kewl too.  I am picking up my Agent packs on Friday... i wouldn't mind an actual duel, makes it interesting. It's just most of the convo's I see in here aren't really duel offerings but pple just trying to "Power Level", and that's kewl too. I would like to have a few challengers as well.

Message 1116 of 1,743 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jan 9, 2013

LancelotNYC123 wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested what I'm about to say since there are so many posts, and I may have missed some things, but here are some thoughts I had about Quinta Essentia.

Spoiler
As much as has been revealed from the message fragments we have found so far, I believe that Quinta Essentia is an earlier space created by the Zero's. They may have gone by a different name for their group then since Axiom doesn't seem to know much about them, but it is important to note first of all the message gives Quinta Essentia a lifespan of 2010-2011. I think Axiom (or maybe even another entity we don't know about)  already destroyed their first space, and that was called Quinta Essentia. The Continuum is their second attempt, and the fragments are the developers' signature to remind those of us who are coming along now what happened then. History is now repeating itself, and it's up to us to either allow the same thing to happen, or find the resolve to stop it. As someone pointed one a while ago, Quinta Essentia means the essence of five...the five who created it. The Continuum represents the continuation of the spirit and creativity that went into their first attempt. It is a symbol of their perseverance...never give up, no matter how bad things get. They can destroy your work, but the mind that created it is still yours, and you can do even bigger and better things.

LancelotNYC123, looks like some of what you posted is true based on whats been posted on the aszero website on Day 28. Unfortunately, I don't think the Quinta Essentia is going to provide any detail on what happened.. 

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1117 of 1,743 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Ren_Echo wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

After finishing Day 19, I found that we can interact with our two visitors. Each one had interesting things to say. The sayings appear to be random so I've listed them alphabetically. I think I got them all but there may be more.

Our first visitor:

Spoiler

Tiberius:

• A lie cannot live.
  • Are you having fun in our house?
  • Ask and I'll invite you in.
  • At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.
  • Do yourself a favour. Learn human rights.
  • Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
  • Freedom of ownership - denied.
  • I am Tiberius. We are Attention Span Zero. The Continuum is ours.
  • Just beause this place is virtual, it doesn't mean it has no law to govern it.
  • Only by leaving yourselves will we be moved.
  • The Continuum is not yours to take.
  • This is a peaceful protest. Try, but you cannot move us.
  • This is my Space. I created it. Who are you?
  • We are hiding no longer. This is our home.

Our second visitor:

Spoiler

flaminatorix:

• Axiom are jackboots in PS Home.
  • Don't get too close. I burn HOT.
  • flaminatorix is the name. Do I have to spell my M.O. out?
  • I'm beginning to like all this attention.
  • I'm here as a message of protest. Power to the people!
  • If I'm this formidable as an effigy, wait till you meet the real me.
  • It's better to be looked over than overlooked.
  • Make sure to wipe your feet on the way out.
  • No I'm not real but look around you, who is?
  • The mouse is mightier than the sword.
  • We've come in the name of peace blah, blah.
  • What are you looking at?
  • Will the last person out please turn out the light?

Day 20 first visitor:

Spoiler
Stapler?:

• Always be sincere, even if you don’t mean it.
  • Comeback? But I haven’t been anywhere.
  • Embarking on a polar expedition? Choose your companions carefully-you may have to eat them.
  • Having control over myself is nearly as good as having control over others.
  • I have to scream now.
  • I think… therefore I am overqualified.
  • If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest drown, too?
  • It’s not enough to succeed… others must fail in the process.
  • Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.
  • One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
  • Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.
  • Slackers, unite! Tomorrow!
  • Teamwork is essential if you are to have someone else to blame.
  • The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself.
  • Those are my principles, if you don’t like them I have others.
  • What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Day 20 second visitor:

Spoiler

sandboxx:

• A l'œuvre, on connaît l'artisan.
  • Charity begins at home, so they say.
  • I don’t mind though, not really.
  • I’m supposed to say you’re not wanted here.
  • Personally I like everyone being here. It’s cool.
  • Tall oaks from little acorns grow.
  • The craftsman by his work is known.
  • The others shout a lot, but they’re cool really.
  • This is a simulacrum of me, I’m sandboxx.
  • We all made this place. What do you think?
  • We came as copies to send a message.
  • We made this place.
  • What’s with the TV? I don’t know… couldn’t think of anything else.
  • Why sandboxx? Why not?

Day 24 repeat visit with an old friend:

Spoiler
Bad Stapler:

• A million years of evolution...led to you?
  • Alert! This person is depriving a village of an idiot.
  • Are you OK? Someone appears to have hit you with the ugly stick!
  • Did I step on your poor little ego?
  • Eek!!! Do you step on rakes for a hobby?!
  • I am sorry, do I resemble your therapist?
  • I didn't know regurgitated spam could talk.
  • I don't have an attitude. I have a personality you can't handle.
  • I look at you and thank the heavens I'm a simple hunk of metal.
  • I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?
  • I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
  • I've forgotten your name but that face I'll never forget.
  • If I throw a stick, will you go away?
  • So you're a bit of an eyesore...beauty is but a light switch away!
  • Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, you gargle.
  • Stapler does not know what your problem is but Stapler bets it is hard to spell.
  • Stapler free of all prejudice. Stapler hate everyone equally.
  • That you think you know everything is annoying to those of us who do.
  • When Stapler wants your opinion, he will give it to you.
  • You mistake me for a robot who gives a **bleep**.
  • Your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Day 28 repeat visit 2:

Spoiler

Bad Stapler:

• Exploding in 5-4-3-2-1- kkaaaaaaaa-bboooooooommmmmmm.
  • Get ready to kiss your **bleep** goodbye.
  • Immmaaagginnnne Staaaaappleeeerrrrr eeeeexplllloooodinggg innn extreeeeme slowwwww mmmmootionnnn.
  • It won't hurt. Tell me it won't hurt!
  • It's no bomb - it's an egg, a parasite, eating me alive!!!!!
  • Mummy, look at that bug juice. That isn't bug juice honey, that's Stapler juice!
  • Put me out of my misery before it eats me from the inside out!
  • Tell Cathy I love her. And kiss the kids goodbye.
  • What is this thing inside me! Get it out!!
  • When I'm gone will you remember me fondly?

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1118 of 1,743 (264 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 9, 2013

@Ren_Echo Thanks for the mention. I was thinking about it when I read their chat today. Hopefully as we get more pieces of the message, we'll be able to piece more of the story together of what happened. I have a feeling that one or more members of aszero knows more than they're letting on.

Here are some more thoughts I had about Quinta Essentia based on the message so far.

Spoiler

They created the space for both their own enjoyment and for friends they would meet on Home. It was a special hangout away from all of the crazies (off the grid), or so they thought. Aparently it didn't take long for things to get out of control since no one seemed to appreciate it and took it for granted, and their paradise was in shambles. While the chat on aszero today asked the question "Why would we destroy our own space?", I think that's a very good question to ask. Notice they didn't actually say that they wouldn't...they simply asked why would they. Based on the QE message, I think they (or at least one of them) did destroy that space when they realized that paradise was lost. Maybe they are prepared to do the same thing with the Continuum rather than let it deteriorate before their eyes like what happened with QE.

Another idea...I think MerylSilvertongue knows a lot more about what happened and that we haven't yet heard the last of her. She may even be working with EFD...or maybe she is EFD. In fact, she may be the one who placed the bomb in Stapler out of vengence for what Axiom did to her simulacrum. In other words...you come into my home and make trouble and rip my avatar to pieces? I'll show you! One reason I think it's possible they are working together or are the same person is because when Meryl's simulacrum was taken for "questioning", what was left of it was taken away by someone, and neither Axiom or the Zero's seem to know anything about it. So the ideas some people had about EFD once being with the Zero's...that just may be right, only she never truly left until the Meryl incident. Of course that begs the question why Meryl would have taken on the EFD persona before that unless she knew that Axiom were on to them and decided she was going to deal with it her own way apart from the rest of the group. There is also the problem that Axopedia reports that Merly is introverted and EFD is extroverted, so they do appear to be different people, but if they are the same person, it could have been her intention all along to create another persona to remove some of the attention from the Zero's and herself. There are certainly still some plot holes to resolve some of these ideas, but it's a working theory. Thoughts?

Message 1119 of 1,743 (239 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Back to Snowcrash... some constructive criticism is due. If nDreams decides to keep the space for chapter 2, then they really need to liven the place up.

The radio was a start. Albeit, a strange mission that came from left field.

But some furniture is needed. And a bar area.

Plus, however much I care little for the card game, doing just a daily leaderboard instead of daily, weekly, monthly and all-time leaderboards really deters from the replayability of the game.

Message 1120 of 1,743 (224 Views)
0 Likes