Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 7, 2013
nah i get your point, the link has glitched but my point was all the info is still there,.. either way i reposted the frag map w/ the description to the 3rd frag that was left off the map just a few posts back,.. i can also repost the walkthrough so you don't have to use the link until its fixed, thats if anyone needs it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1061 of 1,743 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Ren_Echo wrote:
My concern would be what level of access we will have after the game concludes. I didn't play the orginal but I think there was a choice to complete the game after which The Hub could no longer be accessed. Instead the Xi Alumni Hub became available. You may want to wait before finishing to see if we can still get into Snowcrash after its over.

That is not ture.

A matter of fact it was just the opposite.  When the first Xi ended nDreams made two sets of rewards one was for people who played the game and had unlocked everything the other set was for people who didn't unlock everthing.  The set of rewards that where made for players that didn't unlock everything where so good people played the game all over again just to win that set of rewards as well.  I want to say the game it self stayed oppen for two Months after the last day.  At that point you could re-play the game.

After that the Xi museum oppened up with a new set of rewards.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1062 of 1,743 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 7, 2013

beneloben wrote:

the Zero's are NPCs that are programmed to appear as though they are avatars that are being controlled by real people, but none of them are really avatars.

Oh I thought of that, especially when I took a pic of dismantled Meryl with flash ... looked more like a robot to me, so what they mean by avatar/simulaecrum is not what we normally perceive as our Home avatars, which is why Stapler being compromised, reprogrammed makes sense ... Jess seems to want us to think so "Oh no, what have they done to Stapler?"... the completed challenge ... the bad Stapler references

In an earlier post I referred to Jacked-Assassin as Zero Assassin? Oops, my bad, mixed-up 2 ID's lol

That is one theory but you forgot one thing, if these are NPC Avatars then someone had to have made them and who would that be?  There is no one else left.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 1063 of 1,743 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 7, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

beneloben wrote:

the Zero's are NPCs that are programmed to appear as though they are avatars that are being controlled by real people, but none of them are really avatars.

Oh I thought of that, especially when I took a pic of dismantled Meryl with flash ... looked more like a robot to me, so what they mean by avatar/simulaecrum is not what we normally perceive as our Home avatars, which is why Stapler being compromised, reprogrammed makes sense ... Jess seems to want us to think so "Oh no, what have they done to Stapler?"... the completed challenge ... the bad Stapler references

In an earlier post I referred to Jacked-Assassin as Zero Assassin? Oops, my bad, mixed-up 2 ID's lol

That is one theory but you forgot one thing, if these are NPC Avatars then someone had to have made them and who would that be?  There is no one else left.

When I posted that a while back, I was speaking in the most literal sense...not what is happening within the game. I meant that the people behind the Zero's are just nDreams employees...or maybe just one person. This was part of my campaign to separate the game world from the real world. Haha! Sorry for the confusion. All of the posts on the site are by admin anyhow, so there is either one person doing the posting, or there are multiple people using the same credentials.

Message 1064 of 1,743 (301 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

Just want to apologize about the issue with the links not going to the correct posts!  I corrected the last post I made and am working on the OP now also.  I think the error occurred when the thread got deleted and then put back, I don't know for sure, but I think it's because it's location has changed (no longer stickied), because I had used them with no problem before the disappearance.

Sorry again, it is being fixed now!

*OH, and adding the third fragment  to the map also!*

VLR
Message 1065 of 1,743 (260 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Ahh not your fault,. plus it shouldn't be too much trouble for ppl to scroll down to the map & walkthrough lol if it is hmmm..., Your doin a great job keeping your clues in order, so no worries Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1066 of 1,743 (251 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Was kinda disappointed in today's mission. Pretty much the same as the first puzzle mission. Fortunately, all I had to do was come to forum to get code. :-)

But I did happen upon something else today. Had a fellow forum member say hi to me as I was wondering about but didn't see it until I was back in apartment.
Went back into Continuum to see if I could find them to greet them more personally. Used the "locate" feature. Discovered that it was actually just as exciting (if not more) as the seeking missions.

So try this: go into Continuum. Use "list players" then see how many of them you can locate. It's actually quite fun.
Message 1067 of 1,743 (244 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 7, 2013
As the findee, so glad you did!
Message 1068 of 1,743 (230 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

**deleted**

Message 1069 of 1,743 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Live-n-Laugh wrote:

Is anyone else who is subscribed to the thread still getting emails that, when clicked to view, results in the "message is unavailable" reply?

It's happened three times since the thread went down, all with the same author. This is the email I received:

Subscription to Topic: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS] (1 Update)

There was a new Reply.
Subject:  Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues and info from NA/EU
Author:Dr_Jack0716 (Moderator)
Date:01-05-2013 12:53 PM

You might want to unsubscribe then re-subscribe.  I would think that will fix the issue.

VLR
Message 1070 of 1,743 (222 Views)
0 Likes