Sackboy
414 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Jan 7, 2013

Ren_Echo wrote:

Think of it this way. The Continuum is hidden on Sony's servers. The data which makes up our account information is also on those servers. If the bomb destroys our avatars (i.e. corrupts our account on the server), our real selves would not be affected but we wouldn't be able to get into PS Home. Of course we could make a new account, but we would have to start over at Day 1.

I rather not think of it that way because if it did....

1. Sony would get a nasty phonecall from me.
  2. I'd quit PSN as a whole.
  3. Anyone who does make another account would be crazy to want to buy that again just to lose more money.
Message 1021 of 1,743 (272 Views)
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I don't think the Quinta Essentia nuts' message is going to be very useful at all.  It repeats the same message, with no info that we need.  - Like who are the "they" that trashed the place?

Another thing - the message does not sound like the AS0s at all (except maybe Sandboxx).  That message talks about wanting peace, respect, appreciation, and harmony.  Look at all of the posts on their website - they are rude, mean, and heartless (even to each other)!   They paint things to look bloody, and love to insult and antagonize.  - Yet they're doing a peaceful protest????  What?!? 

If they really have been changed so much from someone trashing their creation,  so much so that they "erased it line of code by line of code" - It certainly doesn't sit in their interests to keep the Continuum up and running.  They have more motivation to destroy it than Axiom (who only seems to want it destroyed because they can't control it - except when they're trying to save it! Smiley Frustrated ) or EFD (who is trying to get back at Axiom/Jess by destroying the same thing that Axiom is??? Smiley Frustrated ).  

I don't really identify with any side in this game yet.  And I can't understand Axiom's or EFD's reasons for wanting it gone. 

Also, we have no motivation for the rest of the Hole in the Firewall Gang joining in with EFD... 

My biggest question: 

If we had to hunt down Meryl just for them to question and tear her apart - why isn't Axiom picking off the rest of her group, who are just sitting out in the open?? Smiley Frustrated

Message 1022 of 1,743 (270 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Very good questions, anamri.
Message 1023 of 1,743 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 7, 2013

here's the letter courtesy of beneloben w/ LeeStone71's speculations...

Spoiler

*everything in ( ) is speculation*

The brief and bloody history of Quinta Essentia by

flaminatorix, MerySilvertongue, N.E.R.D.I.C.A. sandboxx, Tiberius

Here lies scattered all that remains of our creation, Quinta Essentia. Built through stupidity.

(Built) because we thought if we have (or made) an insanely (cool) (region or space,) off the grid and away from those places that are ******* ** *** **** then this place would be appreciated, respected and will be (an or in) ********* by those who valued (freedom) of thought and (speech.) There we would all find peace, love and harmony and hopefully meet some great chicks.

(But,) were we wrong. They took, they trashed and danced on the embers. Nothing was appreciated, everything was taken for granted and we were pushed out of our own space. We decided if we (can't have Quinta) Essentia (as we saw it,) no-one can. Quintia Essentia was erased line of code by (line of) code. All that (remains) are these words scattered as a reminder to all those ****** ****** (to prove) what they do (here does make a) difference. ************ is dead. Long (live the) *****

Quintia Essentia 2010-2011

flaminatorix, MerySilvertongue, N.E.R.D.I.C.A. sandboxx, Tiberius

(I think the last line is: "Long live the AS0s.")

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1024 of 1,743 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks for the help, TC. Wish my computer was working. :-(
Message 1025 of 1,743 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Well, seeing that it's updated at 4:00am est. I'm going to make sure I'm on continuum right before. It willbe interesting to see what happens. They delay the bomb or they delay tpo a certain time of day on Continuum. Theres an update for playstation home weds and store on tuesday so, we'll see what happens.

Message 1026 of 1,743 (238 Views)
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Jan 7, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

I would say that if our avatars were damaged or destroyed, it would impede our ability to function in the Continuum. This would allow EFD and her gang to operate unopposed so it is a concern.

Was anyone Avatars "damaged"?  I know HQ is telling us that N.E.R.D.I.C.A seems to have coded bad Stapler.  But all that "could" mean is he made an Avatar of Stapler called "bad Stapler".

No one's avatar has been damaged (yet). As far as Stapler is concerned, there are two possibilities. The first is that this "bad Stapler" is just a creation of N.E.R.D.I.C.A. as Axiom says. The other is that the real Stapler has been compromised. The AS0's have been kind of neutral towards us so far. It would be an aggressive move for them to mess around with Stapler so I'm leaning toward the first  possibilty.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 1027 of 1,743 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 7, 2013

@anamri - All great questions, think I have an idea on some of that lol,..

I believe the "they" is us, the 0's view us like we view trolls in Home, unwanted & annoying,..

about their attitudes, some of that could be viewed as sarcasm, it's like when you rag on a friend or family member but if someone else did it, it's not cool,.. except their attitudes towards us, Axiom & EFD, again they view all of us as intruders & you know how being young & impulsive can be, "if i can't have it all to myself no one can"

it's possible erasing lines of code is the reason why the Continuum has no color except in a few spots, it may be them trying to make it look boring & uninteresting in an attempt to get us to leave,..

totally agree w/ your Axiom idea, they want to keep the Continuum but only if they are the only ones in charge, that's why Axiom recruited us, to hunt down anyone w/ power in the Continuum, so they're the big dawgs

haha as for the rest of your questions I have absolutely ZERO ideas so far.

@Lee - no problem anytime, i know how it is having your computer down

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1028 of 1,743 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

Some words on Snowcrash...

If anyone ever played Agency: Covert Ops on Facebook... that's how I think it should have been done. Hopefully, someone here has played it and knows what I'm talking about.

I went to Snowcrash today. Challenged someone. They declined twice. Then when their buddy left, they challenged me so I declined.

I spent most of my time staring at an empty lobby.

Message 1029 of 1,743 (205 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 7, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

LancelotNYC123 wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

That's another question that has gone unanswered for way to long!  Jess can help out so much if she just said Stapler is missing or no he's not missing.  Stapler's her's and only her's.

But remember that Stapler is not an Avatar and has no legs so he can't just show up.

I find this discussion about what Stapler is or isn't somewhat troublesome. So far, most of what has been said about him is far too limiting. We don't really know what he is or may have become. The truth is that everything in Home is nothing more than an object that has been programmed to serve whatever purpose the creator(s) intended. That includes your avatar. The only limit is whatever was programmed into it. Anything is possible in a digital world, and the programs change over time as more features are added. Just think about all that your avatar can do now that it couldn't do three years ago when the first Xi came out. I see Stapler as no different. His means of locomotion are unknown, but who says that this current iteration of him can't get around the same way our aeropal does?

There seems to be way too much confusion in this thread about what is "real". Anything is possible within Home because it is a purely digital world. Therefore, the rules of the real world do not apply.

As for the bomb...

Spoiler
...think "virus". We have no idea what it is for or if it is even malicious at this point. Again, this is all within a digital world where the rules of the real world do not apply. They said it could be anything in the Continuum, and really it could be designed to do anything. It could be that they detected it as a "bomb" simply because it is an anomaly. It could be counting down to the creation of something new in the Continuum rather than its destruction.

In short, let's all keep an open mind.

Umm, you never answered the post that you quoted from.

As for your post?  You compare Stapler to an Avatar again Stapler is not an Avatar and has never been an Avatar.  You talk about Avatars now and how they are better then Avatars years ago.  Seeing how Stapler is not an Avatar this is a bad example.  So lets make this a good examle.  One of my top 10 biggest complaints with Home is items in Home never seem to get update/upgrades.  Think of items you got the first time you where on Home and how how have they improved over the years?  I really hope that Loot items like TV's and or Radios at some point get updated and made even better but we will see if that will ever happen.

Also another problem with what your saying is how far can you upgrade an item before it becomes something else?  Stapler has always been know in Xi as being a statue.  Your talking about makeing him into something else?  then would he still be Stapler?

I like to see the statue of liberty again.  But I'll just wait te;; it comes to my home town.  <--- not very likely to ever happen.

XI, is telling us that it's not Stapler.  Jess is talking almost like it is you be the juge.

You said I didn't answer the post that I quoted from? I most certainly did...specifically the part about Stapler not being an avatar. I guess I'll have to remember to delete all parts of the quoted post except the line(s) I'm answering.

Unfortunately, your response going on again about all the reasons that Stapler is not an avatar and cannot be an avatar shows me that you totally, totally missed the whole point of my post. I'm not saying the he is an avatar. I am opening up the possibility, as I had stated in a previous post, that he isn't an avatar at all, but rather a modified version of the original that is programmed with a self-aware AI. Read that as a "smart NPC". That may be totally wrong, but it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility...nothing is impossible. Even the posts to a web site outside of Home isn't impossible. I used what our avatars can do now compared to then as an example of how the code behind them has changed through multiple revisions to Home. Just because most items don't get changed doesn't mean that they can't be changed.

So while we're still on Stapler and whether changing him into something else would still make him Stapler, the simple answer is...well...yes! It has already happened multiple times. When we first knew Stapler, he was just a robot in the old Xi Hub programmed to provide us with information there. After it ended, he was removed and a statue of him erected in the current museum version of that space, but there were two new iterations of him made available to us for purchase...a full-sized replica for our personal spaces that is programmed with a data feed of one-liners, and a miniturized (fully mobile) version as a companion. Then he showed up in the Xi island of Aurora in yet another form. Except for the statue in the museum, isn't it perfectly logical to conclude that all of these versions of Stapler are still Stapler?

I went through a lot in my last post to make the point that we have to be careful to completely separate the real world from the digital world. Anything is within the realm of possibility in the digital world. It is whatever the imagination can dream up. So to take a crazy example of a real world item like the Statue of Liberty showing up in your home town to try to refute what I'm saying is really bad logic.

Now getting back to the first part of your old post...the part that I didn't answer...what does "missing" mean? Like I said, this is a digital world. How does a file(s) go missing unless they are copied and then deleted from the original system? If the files that made up the original Stapler were never deleted, he could be right where she last saw him, which would make this Stapler a copy...a clone. Does the name Agent Smith come to mind, Mr, Anderson? I kill me...haha! Smiley Tongue Just following that thought along for a minute, that would make Stapler unlimited. The rules of an avatar wouldn't apply to him. With Agent Smith, each version/copy was slightly different because of their individual experience, but they were all fully the same entity. And the Matrix analogies are not too far fetched. After all, we have bully drones that were programmed to look and behave much like sentinals.

Again, all of this is speculation. I merely want to encourage open-mindedness and freeing our imaginations to explore any thought process regarding the Continuum no matter how ridiculous it might sound at first because anything truly is possible in the digital world...like people who fly or ride hoverboards...or who can sit on the side of buildings. And just to make everyone's brains hurt even more, in the truest sense, the Zero's are NPCs that are programmed to appear as though they are avatars that are being controlled by real people, but none of them are really avatars. Robot wink Just think about that really long and hard before replying to say I'm wrong.

Message 1030 of 1,743 (194 Views)