Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum - all clues & info [SPOILERS]

Dec 27, 2012

Enistachia, no we all got the same code, they probably all we be universal since it's a community game, that way ppl who get stumped can just ask for help

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 531 of 1,743 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I gave up on the 2nd puzzle when I wasn't getting any clues about Suspect 1 & 5 beyond what they aren't. The fact that Impressive IQ, Criminal Record, Home Devotee, PHD, & Speeding Tickets are written twice got annoying for me.

I got other things to do today & this was really wasting my time.

This is also the first time I just took The Cypher Code without finishing the puzzles....

Message 532 of 1,743 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Dec 27, 2012

i was about to give up and take the code from here as well until i realized that each suspect can only have one check mark.  things like vw designer and HTML coder having speeding tickets are something you need to use your best judgement and guess the correct one.

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 533 of 1,743 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Another puzzle I can't play because all I have is my PS3 browser.Why is it that all the fun games aren't in Home?The original XI had most of them in Home,right?I have a feeling the only mini-games we'll see in Home are the tracker and combat missions.And I just love those combat missions....... Smiley Frustrated

Message 534 of 1,743 (334 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Dec 27, 2012
I played this puzzle using the ps3 browser. it does work
Message 535 of 1,743 (322 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Dec 27, 2012

mousqueak wrote:

Really?I assumed it wouldn't since the other two didn't work.Thanks for telling me.

Message 536 of 1,743 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I thought the first puzzle was fairly simple. The second puzzle went pretty smooth up until the end. I had two points of interest checked for one job title. I did this because one of the clues stated the HTML coder = phd = criminal record.  Very easy fix to get the correct setup from there though.

Message 537 of 1,743 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Dec 27, 2012

yea it would be nice & more convenient, plus would give those w/out computers a way to play certain games if the ps3 had flash, dont feel too bad since when the real world clues/challenges start 99.9% of players will need to rely on others for the answers,.. to my knowledge all the original Xi games in Home were mostly time fillers inbetween missions & not really Xi clues,.. last week after the ip mission my computer crashed lol & i was like noooo i need it for Xi, luckly i got one of those 10 in mini Acer laptops for Christmas,.. on a side note if you really want to do the flash puzzles yourself, most libraries have computers you can use for free if you have a library card, so i'd look into that in your town, lol my town's Burger King even has computers for there customers to use

Message 538 of 1,743 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 27, 2012

pyrodragon5 wrote:

i was about to give up and take the code from here as well until i realized that each suspect can only have one check mark.  things like vw designer and HTML coder having speeding tickets are something you need to use your best judgement and guess the correct one.

There is actually enough information from the clues that guessing shouldn't be necessary to solve it. The text at the top of the puzzle is your first clue. It changes with each puzzle. You probably won't need the additional hint at the bottom for puzzle 1, but the hint for puzzle 2 provides an additional clue that you may need to solve it without guessing.

For those who still need/want to solve it and are unfamiliar with logic grids, see here for more info. The second puzzle has the repeated information in the grid because there are 3 types of information to verify. The wikipedia article shows an example with 4 types of information, so you can see how the grid will grow with each new type of data added to the mix because each one has to be checked against each other one. I hope that's helpful to some people.

Message 539 of 1,743 (291 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Dec 27, 2012

mousqueak wrote:

hmm i already beat the puzzle when day 16 started this morning but after your comment decided to go try the brower in my Cypher and the browser on the XMB menu, the XMB browser would'nt even find XoffCola.com & this is what the Cypher brower showed

Snapshot_20121227.JPG

... is your ps3 jailbroke or something?

Message 540 of 1,743 (287 Views)
0 Likes