Jan 18 2013
By: nDreams_Joey nDreams Developer 514 posts

Xi: Continuum Update Details [Rewards] - Coming Soon

40 replies 1080 views Edited Jan 18, 2013

Good Morning everyone,

I want to give you a quick update on Xi: Continuum and an update that will be coming at the beginning of February. By that time the live game would have ended but Xi: Continuum will be available for people to play at their own pace.

We have listened to feedback and the update will include fixes to some of the issues found; the Vertigo Apartment barrier issue on one of the unlockable pieces will be fixed but in this update there won’t be any spawn points added. This is something I am pushing for internally and I’m hoping should happen soon to allow users who have unlocked all areas the ability to furnish their Vertigo apartment easier.

The biggest news in the update is the inclusion of a couple of rewards. We have included a locomotion reward at the end of Day 0 which can be obtained by everybody, regardless of if you have purchased Xi: Continuum or not. You would complete the intro mission and access the pay wall, after that you would receive a Continuum themed locomotion. The second Continuum themed locomotion will be rewarded to users who have completed Day 7.

For those of you who have been playing live, after the update if you enter the Continuum you will be given both rewards.

I’m also working on a community competition that will be run away from the Forums on Xi2.com which would be reward related, I can’t say too much but it’s a little something that I think would be nice. I’m just waiting on t’s and c’s to be approved so keep an eye on our Twitter, @nDreamers and Facebook page.

Finally, thank you for all the feedback especially those of you who took the surveys that I posted during the beginning of Xi: Continuum. I will be working on another survey for those who played a large chunk of Continuum after the live game has ended for even more feedback. Whether positive or negative the feedback has been constructed and that is fantastic so again, thank you.

Hopefully that’s good news for you all! Keep the feedback coming.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 1 of 41 (1,080 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Xi: Continuum Update Details [Rewards] - Coming Soon

Jan 18, 2013

Holy crap, that's fantastic news Joey. Thank you so much Smiley Very Happy

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 41 (1,077 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 18, 2013

I was kinda hoping for some Stapler memorabilia, but LMOs work too. XD Finally we have a carrot, cookie, whatever us 'hungry' nerds like to chase! lmao.

Good job Joey. I like how you guys did all these surveys around Xi, with how things are it's good to hear something is being heard. Especially in terms of post-production updating, with rewards no less! Smiley Tongue

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 3 of 41 (1,026 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Aw man...I went out and bought a LMO with some of my money from Christmas just to use in the Continuum and then you guys go and give me two free ones...xD Oh well. I'm cool with it. Glad to hear some news!

Message 4 of 41 (1,010 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Jan 18, 2013
;^) Good news is always welcome, Joey. Does one of the locomotion items look like a Segway? That somehow seems appropriate for the narrow alleyways of the Continuum....
Message 5 of 41 (985 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Awesome. These will be my first locomotion items =D
Message 6 of 41 (930 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 18, 2013

I hope Day 0 is based on animations & not speed.... Last thing I need is to be easily followed by noobs on Home who like to troll.

Message 7 of 41 (924 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Thanks, Joey. The biggest news, I think was the end poll. I'm really glad you're reading our feedback and are responding in the best way possible.

Those of us who purchased the maiden run of Continuum wanted it to succeed just as much as you did, and I'm sure the ones of us that follow to chapter two appreciate the interest put forth in our concerns.
Message 8 of 41 (898 Views)
Gaming Beast
1864 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Wow!  I am really impressed! Smiley Very Happy

I have to say, it has been refreshing to hear from the Developer of a game after it has been released (and I don't just mean this thread, but the many Xi threads, NA & EU, and all the Tweets).  I think you know what Xi meant to us by the way you have reached out and communicated with us about the Continuum... and now this!  No matter what I expected from a second Xi, it's been great to see the community spirit - not just from users, but from the Developer too.

It can't have been easy to remain professional and caring in the face of some of our criticisms (constructive as well as our rants Smiley Wink ).  I myself have some misgivings about the Continuum game, but seeing you in the trenches with all of our thoughts & opinions makes me more invested in the Xi series and the company in general.

So thank you, Joey and the rest at nDreams!  Thank you for listening and giving even though we can seem a tad ungrateful sometimes. 

ana

P.S.

I really do hope you get them to add more spawn points!  Although I did manage to decorate my whole Xi living quarters, it was quite the arduous task! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 41 (856 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

Nice Joey,.. Hopefully we get more spawn points, atleast 1 passed our " cupboard " area, since most things won't fit thru that door, tho I'm expecting the apt to wrap back around to where our Cypher is, so I guess there may be an alternate route to take. The locomotion's as a reward is cool I just hope 1 of them isn't the Hover board lol since I already purchased it. Any polls / questionnaires you guys post would be great as most of us really want this game series to be the best it can be. Nice to see you haven't totally abandoned us for the EU forum lol, & I'm glad to see y'all are taking some of our ideas into consideration. Although the game play is a little linear & slow, the story is intriguing & has kept me interested. So thanks for a good game & I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I do have a couple questions tho, (1) Are the upcoming episodes going to be available at a lower price? (2) Will the apt continue to grow thru those episodes as well or will it be completed after episode 1?

*sorry I tried to kudo the whole thread but ran out lol*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 41 (829 Views)