Uncharted Territory
983 posts

Re: Xi 2 Info thread gone? - Help HERE [SPOILERS] -->

Jan 5, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I suggest that those who are interested, carry on sharing ideas and clues and to forget about why the thread was removed. People want to discuss Xi and share information. Wading through a bunch of non-Xi posts won't make the game any easier.

If Moderation (or nDreams) has an issue with the discussion, I'm sure they will let you know by the thread's removal/editing/locking. And hopefully with a message left behind explaining their reasoning.

I see your point Conrad, but as for the wading thru non related posts? the only non XI related posts were the ones from this morning talking about that political stuff, & it's just as easy for them to delete those few posts, no need to delete an entire thread. We've all seen MOD posts in threads saying "Posts deleted to help clean up this discussion" ,.. I'm currently pming the MODs to see if we can get an answer. Also your post in the other thread on this subject got me thinking, I guess it's possible nDreams asked for the thread to be shut down for too many spoilers but very unlikely IMO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 61 (266 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jan 5, 2013

On a side note, it sounds like we are going to see some sort of reward next week maybe. Saw it on twitter.

Message 52 of 61 (254 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I wonder if the reward is region specific... still waiting on our community event... :-/
Message 53 of 61 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
983 posts

Jan 5, 2013

@ Hollowpoint- yea i saw that tweet as well, just wasn't sure on the possibility of it happening since they used the word "hopefully" ,. but it would be cool if something big happens.

@ Lee- since it's a multi regional game I would hope everyone that payed for the game gets whatever rewards or extras no matter what region we're in.

haha that thread being deleted aggravated me so much I msg'd every MOD on the forums & sent fb/twitter msg's to nDreams,.. when or if I ever get an answer as to why, I'll post it. All I can say now is sorry to the players that start the game late, we all tried to help everyone out by having all that info in 1 spot & easily accessible. Sad to because that was 1 of the few threads I've seen on the forums in a long time that didn't have any bickering back & forth (except for those couple this morning), it was nice to be able to read a thread w/ out seeing this person slamming that person, lol there weren't even any troll posts in it SMH 

Message 54 of 61 (209 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Not to mention, that the thread itself has become a facet of the game since most of the puzzles have required us to work together and pool our findings cause the PS3 browser doesn't support flash and a few of us are without computers right now.

I feel like part of the game is gone now.
Message 55 of 61 (197 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
Not to mention, that the thread itself has become a facet of the game since most of the puzzles have required us to work together and pool our findings cause the PS3 browser doesn't support flash and a few of us are without computers right now.

I feel like part of the game is gone now.

I know, it gave sort of a greater sense of community, since, at least for me, there isn't much back and forth communications in the continuum. I worry that there will be those from the original thread that won't find this one. I only stumbled across it because i remembered TC915's username and he found it so i could link to here. BTW, thanks for having an easily rememorable username, TC915 Smiley Wink I hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later...Smiley Sad  Besides, I'm too impatient to find all the fragments on my own...Smiley LOL

Message 56 of 61 (187 Views)
Uncharted Territory
983 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

@ m8spence- Glad you found this restart thread, too bad there isn't a way for FCN_OP & all the others that added to the info chain to be able to atleast recover some of the important posts & paste them here, think I'll start using "Word" to have duplicates of our important posts just in case it happens again.. hopefully a MOD will give us answers soon about the reason or if it will be unlocked anytime

Message 57 of 61 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3880 posts

Jan 5, 2013
;^) The other thread is back now. Now, if somebody thinks to merge the two, it'll be even better....
Message 58 of 61 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
3633 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I suggest that those who are interested, carry on sharing ideas and clues and to forget about why the thread was removed. People want to discuss Xi and share information. Wading through a bunch of non-Xi posts won't make the game any easier.

If Moderation (or nDreams) has an issue with the discussion, I'm sure they will let you know by the thread's removal/editing/locking. And hopefully with a message left behind explaining their reasoning.

Mr. Conrad... I don't know why or what happended here... I was not to involved with this new kinda Xi too much... Yet I can say form lots of experiance... MODs and such have removed Threads and Stuff that was un nessisary to do so... Honestly not much we can do about it, cause we are seen lots of times as just the sheep that pay thier bills... (at least I see it that way sometimes, I hate being so negative all the time around here, it really is not my style in everyday life as a norm. ) Yet its really disheartening to work so hard on something to see it go Poof one day for no real good reason, or to see something locked for no good reason... I have a Big long list of Threads that went POOF for no reason... I have had threads locked on me, not because I said something wrong or because I lied, yet because the folks simply didn't know I wasn't lieing or simply didn't like the fact that I was telling the truth. Glad you all got That Xi 2 thread back... you all worked so hard on it. Alot of time I see them censor the Stuff they Shouldn't and not censor the Stuff they Should. Its too bad that the Gaming world is so clicky... kinda like PS HOME... Run majority for Males ages 16 - 34... 

photo NewVLR-1.jpg
Message 59 of 61 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3880 posts

Jan 28, 2013
:^/ Patchex, this thread was three weeks old when you bumped it. The ohter Xi thread had been moved so that an off-topic quarrel could be edited out. Then it was returned, and is still here.

You're correct that it is disappointing to see hours of work disappear, especially unexpectedly.
Message 60 of 61 (81 Views)