Splicer
70 posts

Re: Xi 2 Info thread gone? - Help HERE [SPOILERS] -->

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

FCN-OP-Updater wrote:
I'm still hanging onto the hope that it was an accident or temporary, as those 4 or 5 posts could have easily been pruned without loosing the whole thread.

(crossing fingers)

(and bunny-slippered toes)

Message 31 of 61 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I sure hope it was just an accident. They can slow us down, but they will never stop us. It's a conspiracy!

Message 32 of 61 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

I find it funny that they just started w/ a new group of MODs, if I'm not mistaken. It's also funny not 1 MOD has posted a reply in this thread or the 1 I started in "Forum Info & Help" yet, if someone was to cuss or say something racial or political, their would be a MOD reply w/ in 2 mins. When theres an actual complaint or issue they are conspicuously  absent. Which makes me think it may have been 1 of the new MODs who either wasn't given enough instruction on how to "clean up" threads or 1 just made an honest mistake. Either way I think whoever is responsible should "man up" so to speak, & admit it. Y'all are correct it won't stop the progress we've made but it chaps my arse that all that work is gone. There was enough info in that thread any player starting behind us could have played the game blindfolded lol. Aight well here we go again lol...

DAY 25 frag map (courtesy of VitalogyPJ)

Spoiler

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 61 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
634 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Theres some good new and some bad news. Good news first: the thread still exists. All its says for me is "access denied" "You do not have sufficient privileges to view this page". Bad news: we had the same issue with the Mercia beta section of the forums and it took them a week to finally get it all straightened out. Theres a possibility that they are creating a Xi section in the forums and this is the temporary outcome of the migration. We will see but the thread is still floating around in there somewhere. So no worries and just be patient. It'll be back soon. P.L.U.R!

Message 34 of 61 (194 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Squint421 wrote:

Theres some good new and some bad news. Good news first: the thread still exists. All its says for me is "access denied" "You do not have sufficient privileges to view this page". Bad news: we had the same issue with the Mercia beta section of the forums and it took them a week to finally get it all straightened out. Theres a possibility that they are creating a Xi section in the forums and this is the temporary outcome of the migration. We will see but the thread is still floating around in there somewhere. So no worries and just be patient. It'll be back soon. P.L.U.R!

I hope that's the case Squint,. can I ask how you found it, i looked & even the thread log on my profile page doesn't show any posts i made on that thread? I've been searching "archived" & afew other sections of the forum but haven't found it yet, any help would be appreciated

Message 35 of 61 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I typed in Xi in my address bar and the link was still there for it, its listed as "removed threads" now.  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Removed-Threads/Xi-Continuum-all-clues-amp-info-SPOILERS/m-p/...

Another recently created thread was just deleted too so I'm sure the mods are still working, they just arent saying anything.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 36 of 61 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Jan 5, 2013
:^/ I've administered a message board in the past, and from experience I can say that the best practice is to archive threads that go wrong, to preserve the evidence of wrongdoing. It's also possible to split out sections of a thread to archive while leaving the rest alone, but that's trickier, so a newer moderator wouldn't necessarily know how to do that.

;^) Still, since it still exists, it'll likely be restored reasonably soon. Perhaps this one will then be merged with it.
Message 37 of 61 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Strange that I looked at the original thread this morning and then awhile later it was gone. So did a mod decide to delete some threads on Sat. morning and then just bail for the weekend? Who knows I guess--at least we have the EU forums. 

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 38 of 61 (158 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Wow, I sure hope it comes back ... especially for the op's sake Smiley Sad An amazing amount of work and hours there ... and on top of that she would update every day, so the world's biggest virtual kudo to you Smiley LOL

I missed all the President BS from last night ... it was nice to see a thread with no drama so to whoever was posting that crap last night, start another thread, jeez ... and if THAT was the problem, take out the posts, not the thread

And here's the coolest thing about that thread ... the official Xi forum (UK) has almost no activity so, to have this one, with everyone wearing their thinking caps and being so nice and helpful to each other, putting spoiler tags on everything, was so refreshing and one of the only things reminding me of the original Xi, so hopefully it DOES come back

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 39 of 61 (149 Views)
Uncharted Territory
982 posts

Jan 5, 2013

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Strange that I looked at the original thread this morning and then awhile later it was gone. So did a mod decide to delete some threads on Sat. morning and then just bail for the weekend? Who knows I guess--at least we have the EU forums. 

Yea I was reading a few threads in it this morning as well, there were some threads about some little political bs, but why delete the entire thread. Even if a MOD did that you would think the MODs on duty could just restore the thread w/ no problems,.. I still find it suspicious that not 1 MOD has said anything about this issue, if a mistake was made the least they could do is say "Sorry we / I messed up"

Message 40 of 61 (142 Views)
0 Likes