Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
574 posts

Re: Would you like for new Lockwood runway space to be a clubhouse :)?

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

I think it would be the best idea ever!!! I mean a fashion runway? How cool is that? Smiley Happy Oh, and can there be a personal  space as well as a clubhouse? Smiley Very Happy

photo TheRobsSignature_zps7f0db83c.jpg
Thanks to KANE-FIRE for the sig. Smiley Tongue
Message 11 of 21 (277 Views)
Fender Bender
2036 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013
Indeed, I certainly would like to purchase the Lockwood runway as a Clubhouse, it would be quite benificial. Being that it would be more useful in this manner for certain people, I would'nt be surprised if Lockwood followed through with it, it would make quite a few sales, I'm certain. Cat Happy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 21 (268 Views)
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

Jan 28, 2013

This is something we're very keen to do - I can't confirm it just yet, but we are strongly considering it! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 21 (222 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

Jan 28, 2013

is the name is an "homage" to the mighty famous "fashion runaway" of joanna dark? (^^)

Message 14 of 21 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Gojin20 wrote:

Hello everyone, I was hoping by any chance, if anyone is interested in the new Lockwood runway space becoming a clubhouse.

Update: As long as there are no technical hiccups, definitely!

Message 15 of 21 (168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

LKWD_Tim wrote:

Gojin20 wrote:

Hello everyone, I was hoping by any chance, If anyone is interested in the new Lockwood runway space becoming a clubhouse.

Update: As long as there are no technical hiccups, definitely!

AWESOME Smiley Very Happy so theses technical hiccups lol. Is it about making the whole space a clubhouse so it won't have issues?

Photobucket
Message 16 of 21 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 29, 2013

It would be nice if the private and club spaces could release together as a bundle. I'm sure they'd sell a lot better that way. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: Petition for new Lockwood runway space to be a clubhouse :)

Jan 29, 2013

ooooO If people find out this isn't a clubhouse it's not going to go over well.  The main ones that will buy it are the ones deepley into fashion on home. And these gurls take it serious, and won't like it. When it does arrive, I'm running for cover. The high heels willbe flying in the forums. lol just sayin

Message 18 of 21 (120 Views)
I Only Post Everything
387 posts

Jan 29, 2013

A private space is NO place for a fashion show if it's to be a true event. Not to mention if the owner of the private space disconnects. Thankfully with the coming update the ability to change wardrobe within others' spaces will finally become a reality. *crosses fingers* I no longer buy any private space that has such a grand scale of virtual square footage to which no on can locate one another. That sort of grandeur should be left for clubs. I will wait for weeks before purchasing a space in hopes for it's clubhouse release especially with the higher price tag placed on some spaces. The bundles with private space, clubhouse and furniture, if reasonably priced, are sometimes a good option.

Developing a clubhouse driven for fashion shows works well for those club owners that either lack the time to create a runway or lack the creative skill to design a visually balanced space that meets all the needs and requirements of everyone involved. Most attempts of creating runways that I have experienced either make it difficult on the models (so much could be said here), are grossly over designed subtracting from the modeled fashions, lack proper lighting and are way to dark, fail to consider seating for all involved allowing for good views, don't allow for the technical end of things like clean camera angels be it photography or video, etc, etc. Oh oh oh ... just remembered. The use of furniture as a runway that makes models drop and pop. Cracks in the runway drop the model down and as they walk they pop up and down. That's always fun to watch. *laughs* That and the clubhouse entrance spawn location being seen by all is so distracting. 

Can you tell I prefer NOT to use pre-developed runways? I rather create my own runways based on the theme of the fashion shows to be seen on it because taking into consideration every last detail and listening to any special needs required for a particular production makes the event more unique. The time that goes into making fashionable looks to be presented on a runway is only half the show. A sucessful event space will always enhance the experience and leave lasting photos and/or videos. Working with a space and not against it can lead to some great runways, seating areas, entrances, wardrobe workrooms, model lineups, etc. The larger empty spaces that can be used like a theatre with specially designed sets, I find work the best. I have even created my own fluid winding illuminated runway. Speaking of lighting, there is nothing more important than proper lighting. I am still waiting for the "perfect" spot light. One that isn't to harsh and doesn't alter the color of the avatar's hair.

If a developer happens to have made it this far into my post ... by all means make sure the club does not, I repeat does NOT have ambient white noise, bar chatter, elevator music, rushing water, running ads or the like (a sound off option perhaps). At some point in Home's history the adjustment for ambient sound was removed completely leaving only a master volume. I have Home muted most of the time or so low as to hear only mics. Love my PlayStation surround sound wireless headset. Another must have is making sure the invisible ceiling barrier is higher than necessary. I hate when the blue and brown Loot walls can't be used in a club! I have longed for many an item to create uniquely successful fashion presentation layouts. I look forward to seeing what creative endeavours are made in regards to spaces, mainly clubhouses, that provide runways. Hoping that Granzella might try their hand since the Fast Food Burger space incorporates that kiosk interface allowing lighting, music and decor changes as well as unexpected seasonal updates and items.

One last dream ... an all white photographic sweep INFINITY WALL(s) (or club) with dead on true natural lighting along with a variety of white walls of various heights, shapes, sizes, etc. as well as seating blocks that come enabled with a variety of poses. Add to that color, texture and glow options. Items should stack and align nicely without gaps or odd overlapping issues. Nom nom nom. Maybe even some sort of risers and moble steps, as I am always working up in a space using dining tables and rugs. Please don't tell me the Loot stage spaces come with that sort of option because the lighting is SO poor for taking refined photography of Home wardrobe apparel and avatar hair color. That and it being a private space capacity 12. Many users spend so much time and money on Home it might be nice to have a space that we can use for properly color balanced high end modeling photography. The ability to properly display, view and share photos and video taken on Home while actually in-world ... a triple sparkle fun time bonus!

There's no place like Home. *heel click* repeat U-_-U

Message 19 of 21 (106 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jan 29, 2013

AWSOME POST MAY...BRAVO!..      33455-220.jpg.....Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 20 of 21 (99 Views)
0 Likes