I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Would the community show interest...

May 13, 2012

the topics discussed will revolve around home for 90% of it's topics. we may touch base on gaming, or psn but it's primary focus will be on home, it's politics, errors, issues,etc. i don't quite get what you mean by "cosmetic"

as for who would be on it, i would welcome anyone really. albeit i'm not going to have 20 people involved in a single podcast, but that doesn't mean i'm going to invite the same people every podcast. though i'm prone to invite people who are involved with home or the community, i would welcome a n00b to give their perspective as well.

as for trying to get into community theatre, it's not the goal here. though if it happened then cool. while i'm not forcing people to stay sony positive, i'm not going to allow flaming. if someone wants to say "sony/home frickin sux" they better be able to say why. this isn't a soapbox for people to spout trolling, but a forum for honest opinions and real talk

Message 61 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
281 posts

May 13, 2012

I think this is a great idea DJ as it seems many other Home projects don't allow people to say what they really would like to say on certain subjects.I think it'd be a refreshing breath of fresh air in the Home community if people could say exactly what they wanted to say.Go for it.

Vae Victis
Message 62 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 13, 2012

What I meant about "cosmetic" is talking about the how something should be blue instead of pink..  and i could careless about promoting products as there is a Kiosk and billboard everywhere already doing that..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 63 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

May 13, 2012

oh. so you mean arguing semantics. no i wouldn't waste time doing that.lol.

i'm no sales person either. i think home has a strong enough marketing strategy in the works.lol

Message 64 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

May 14, 2012

Good luck trying to remain unbias, or asking the biased supporters to even join the discussion.

People know you too well on how you'll love to throw in subtle little barbs against Sony, when it should be directed at a more obvious target.

Message 65 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3263 posts

May 15, 2012

I think that a disscusion of all the aspect of home would be a great idea! not just on the positive things because Home is not all sunshine and rainbows! As of right now Home is having network issues for the past what 3 weeks now? I think that there need to be a voice on the topics of witch you mentioned in the of the starting thread! 

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!
Message 66 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

May 16, 2012

I see people already drawing battle lines.

On the left, there are the people that are devout House of Sony worshippers and see no wrong with the current state of Home (or at least won't publicly admit it). And for the most part will remain loyalists.

And on the right there are those that have invested time and most importantly "money", and dont feel as if they're getting a fair shake or their voices heard.

It's two sides to every coin, and when people do attempt to voice opinions (from both the left and the right) its painfully obvious that many times the expressions from those on the right will have their topics locked or removed all because a loyalist reported it to a forum moderator.

Without sugar coating it, its censorship plain and simple.

So before even more divisions are created internally within the community I believe if these "HOT BUTTON" topics are presented in a "POINT-COUNTERPOINT" style with both arguments (pro-and con) conducted in a civil intelligent manner, this has a much greater chance of success as opposed to posting a grievance, rant or serious question in a forum thread that has a shelf life attached to it dependant on one's viewpoint.

Lately if it doesnt have praise and rainbows attached to it,  new posts which are critical of Home are quickly slapped with a "THERE IS AN EXISTING THREAD DISCUSSING THIS HERE" link attached to it. I understand that its neccessary to keep forums clean and condone it sometimes, but now many discussions are at the mercy  of MINI MODS who go out their way to report valid expressions simply because they do not reflect the same views as the person who has reported it.

This is why (in my opinion) something like this needs to begin production.

And plus Chuck Norris endorses it too !

Message 67 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

May 16, 2012

Occasionally perhaps roasting Home issues, and ironies could be incorperated into some of it?  Dinnis Miller, Sam Kenison, George Carlin, Robin Williams, all rolled into dorf on Home by Tim Conway.  Turning a satire comedic direction occasionally may lighten some of the tense im right your wrong stances.  Some probably not, but laughter is good medicine for those who do have a hint of a sense of humor.  How to segments along the lines of Red Green, meets fire marshal bill from in living color, and mcgruber from snl on how to negotiate many of homes numerous support issues and often navigating the minefield of their "fixes".

Message 68 of 68 (8 Views)
0 Likes