Jan 14 2010
By: Tezzeret Lombax Warrior 168 posts

Would further Avatar interaction be possible?

23 replies 41 views Edited Jan 14, 2010
Like shaking hands. Somehow, that's been in the back of my mind. It could very well extend into friendlist exclusive gestures like pating a person's back or "High Five"
As Young As I Was, I Felt Older Back Then
More Disciplined, Stronger And Certain
But I was Scared To Death Of Eternity.
I Was Saved By Grace But Destroyed By Naivety.
Message 1 of 24 (41 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Would further Avatar interaction be possible?

Jan 14, 2010

Tezzeret wrote:
Like shaking hands. Somehow, that's been in the back of my mind. It could very well extend into friendlist exclusive gestures like pating a person's back or "High Five"

No, I don't think so you would both have to be standing in just the right place to shake hands or give the High Five in order for it to work.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 2 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 14, 2010
xD that's a pity. Yet the "Slide over the seat and sit down at the opposite side" thing still seems to work full steam.
Message 3 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Jan 14, 2010
And then itll evolve into hugging then kissing. i like the fact theres no interaction with avatar. just zero contact because then thisll be like some sims game. well thats my opinion anyway
Message 4 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 14, 2010
I understand the opposition. I'm only considering very light and acceptable gestures.
Message 5 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Jan 14, 2010
Sorry i shot it dwn like tht so long as its light and with friends its cool. I have yet to see that kind of intergration in home besides the simple mini games interactions. your sigs awesome btw *_* Take me away by Globus
Message 6 of 24 (41 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 14, 2010

xKylarx wrote:
Sorry i shot it dwn like tht so long as its light and with friends its cool. I have yet to see that kind of intergration in home besides the simple mini games interactions. your sigs awesome btw *_* Take me away by Globus

Yea. I've been here long enough to understand how people would misuse things like this.  ^_^ It's alright. We're all Mod fearing Home Users.

Message 7 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jan 14, 2010

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Tezzeret wrote:

No, I don't think so you would both have to be standing in just the right place to shake hands or give the High Five in order for it to work.

It COULD....... If they made something under the interactions thing in R1, they could have (Dual emotes) or something. You can tick "High five" and choose who around you you want to high five. With this, the second person would only have to open up the dual emotes, and click to respond to said high five (Wouldn't be any more difficult than a normal emote, since it is pretty much (R1, click, click). I think it could work.

Message 8 of 24 (41 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 14, 2010

YukitoKunisaki wrote:

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Tezzeret wrote:

It COULD....... If they made something under the interactions thing in R1, they could have (Dual emotes) or something. You can tick "High five" and choose who around you you want to high five. With this, the second person would only have to open up the dual emotes, and click to respond to said high five (Wouldn't be any more difficult than a normal emote, since it is pretty much (R1, click, click). I think it could work.

Very well thought out. That would make the gestures more genuine and could serve double duty by showing dislike if you do not share a high five or shake hands with the one offering.

Message 9 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Jan 14, 2010
I got it!  How about going up to people and trying it will trigger a mini game, pressing only the d-pad.  If the person doesn't want to, they can simply walk away, but if both try it, they have to complete a button sequence ( similar to the GH one ) where if you fail, both end up smacking each other in the forehead in a nerd-like fashion.  Dang, it's starting to remind me of the Sims a bit.  Aww shucks!  
Photobucket
Message 10 of 24 (41 Views)