Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: Wired Vs Wireless for Home

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

theSinisterMrX wrote:

PSN hates wireless and routers.

Yes, I agree.  Smiley Happy

You guys are crazy! I use wireless all the time and I almost NEVER have any...... *poof*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 18 (271 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 12, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

theSinisterMrX wrote:

You guys are crazy! I use wireless all the time and I almost NEVER have any...... *poof*

I never poof either but its not mainly about that.  Wired is so much better and stronger, because you are directly connected. Faster downloading.    I can tell the difference.  Going back to wired.  Wireless doesn't work for the PS3.  Sorry 

Message 13 of 18 (266 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Jun 12, 2014

rjr27nh222 wrote:

Lately, I've been using my wireless connection on my PS3 and I can certainly tell the difference.  Wired is so much better and stronger!!

I still get good speed while using wireless for my PS3, some Home spaces take forever to load, including avatars.  I tried to go to Acorn Meadow Park this morning, being wireless and just couldn't do it.  I started from my studio as well.  But being wired I could.    

Why are we still in the stages of downloading stuff.  Should be pop up ready and ready to go.   Some places are too big and take forever, being wireless.  It's painful watching it.  

I would strongly recommend being wired when using Home.  So much stronger connection and download a lot quicker.

Sorry, but from where I am I would have to disagree.

I have tried both wired and wireless and found absoutely no difference whatsoever.

I still got just as many M10 errors on wired as I do on wireless, and it made no difference in the loading times.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 14 of 18 (241 Views)
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Jun 12, 2014

JulianMatisse wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

theSinisterMrX wrote:

TODAYS WINNER !!! For making me laugh out loud !!!! THANK YOU !!!!! Smiley Very Happy

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 15 of 18 (239 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 12, 2014

PYAWAKITT wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

rjr27nh222 wrote:

theSinisterMrX wrote:

TODAYS WINNER !!! For making me laugh out loud !!!! THANK YOU !!!!! Smiley Very Happy

You are very welcome. I'm glad some people still "get" my humor. Smiley Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 18 (231 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 12, 2014
I have used Home wirelessly for almost six years. Despite your average stuff, I would say my connections are better than many I have spoken to who are even wired. Have had disconnects yes but tend to be less frequent than alot of the posts I have read here through the years. It can depend on your service provider of course as well I believe.
The official Home team does recommend being hardwired for what it is worth of course but ymmv
Support Forums
Message 17 of 18 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jun 12, 2014

smokingpistol wrote:
I have used Home wirelessly for almost six years. Despite your average stuff, I would say my connections are better than many I have spoken to who are even wired. Have had disconnects yes but tend to be less frequent than alot of the posts I have read here through the years. It can depend on your service provider of course as well I believe.
The official Home team does recommend being hardwired for what it is worth of course but ymmv

smokingpistol wrote:

"Official Home Team"  that actually exists?  Man that must be a cushy job.  I guess they are using the old "conspicuous by their abscence strategy". 

I do think wired might be better but I like having less ethernet cables to trip over.

Message 18 of 18 (216 Views)
0 Likes