Splicer
66 posts

Re: Will voice chat ever come back to public areas?

Feb 10, 2009

CanDoo32 wrote:

all of these posts are good suggestions to how to fix some of the problems iwth home and open speech.  However a very inportant part of what home is and why home is here and overlooked in these suggestions.

even though home is free it is still a product.  Media and potentual contributors of content to home who wonder in and hear someone spoiting off and being rude arn't likely to want to place their products or give good reviews of home.

Home is intended to produce money and as such needs to carry a reputation as being a place that can be done. and NOT being a place where people just run free saying and doing whatever rude disrespectful thing they feel.

You know, it's funny, because what I saw happening with other developers is them saying, "So we'll be adding this space and those users who have voice chat will be able to X", and then being annoyed and asking Sony to re-imp voice-chat. 

Message 51 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 10, 2009

Locust_Star wrote:
It is going to come back. We're just working on making it a more robust, customizable feature so that a select few can no longer use it to annoy the vast majority.
This is of course, fantastic news (at least for those of use who enjoy the capability of voice chat!), but, and please tell me if I'm reading too much into what you're saying, is the implication here that voice chat was removed not just due to bandwidth issues?
 Or are you simply responding to the idea that voice chat should not be enabled because some people find it annoying and refuse / don't know how to turn it off? 

Message 52 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Feb 10, 2009

Switsel wrote:
i highly doubt it will be back to many issues

You say you doubt it will come back still after locust_star just said it will be coming back??

Photobucket
Message 53 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Feb 12, 2009

What About the exploding function?

Message 54 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Feb 12, 2009

F12345668 wrote:

What About the exploding function?

I'm sure they're taking that into consideration.

Message Edited by DERKADER on 02-11-2009 05:39 PM
Message Edited by DERKADER on 02-11-2009 05:40 PM
Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 55 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1262 posts

Aug 1, 2009

Locust_Star wrote:
It is going to come back. We're just working on making it a more robust, customizable feature so that a select few can no longer use it to annoy the vast majority.

I will never EVER let someone talk bad about this man again. kudooos

GamerIndepth.net!
Message 56 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Aug 1, 2009
hopefully one day
Message 57 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Aug 3, 2009

DERKADER wrote:
I thought voice chat was one of the coolest features home had to offer. But then it was taken away for reasons I don't know some say it was due to bandwidth issues others say it had to do with abuse and foul language. I thought home was a communication tool and voice chat is the easiest and most effective form of communication. If foul language and abuse was the problem then all you would need is an option to disable voice chat or an option that only allows  you to hear people on your friends list in public areas. Phone calling one person at a time isn't very fun. I always bring this up but a party system/cross game chat is a must. 
Message Edited by DERKADER on 02-06-2009 06:41 PM

Kudos

Public Voice Chat needs to come back, I'm with it.

Message 58 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Aug 3, 2009
I'm sure open voice chat will come eventually, though i honestly don't want it back...
Message 59 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
676 posts

Aug 3, 2009

footballrule wrote:
I'm sure open voice chat will come eventually, though i honestly don't want it back...

If it makes a comeback, disable mics and alakazam back to how it was before BIG DEAL DRAMA FUSS ISSUE DILEMMA over with. Also, your back to how HOME was before, the way you liked it, without Public Voice chat.

Message 60 of 60 (11 Views)
0 Likes