Fender Bender
3496 posts

Re: Will voice chat ever come back to public areas?

Feb 9, 2009

F12345668 wrote:

I like the idea of open mic's for those on your friends list. I think anybody other than people on your list should have to request to be heard and if they say

something STUPID, you should have the power to explode them.

Another good idea would be to allow voice chat only in certain public locations. So have a central plaza with voice chat and one without ect, ect, that way everyone will have the experience they want. and ofcourse tear a page out of the warhawk dev diary and let us host out own spaces!
Message 31 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Feb 9, 2009

NARDE15 wrote:

F12345668 wrote:

I like the idea of open mic's for those on your friends list. I think anybody other than people on your list should have to request to be heard and if they say

Another good idea would be to allow voice chat only in certain public locations. So have a central plaza with voice chat and one without ect, ect, that way everyone will have the experience they want. and ofcourse tear a page out of the warhawk dev diary and let us host out own spaces!

Turning it off for yourself is effectively the same deal though, isn't it?

Either user-education, or switch everyone to public chat off would be the best idea in my opinion.

Message Edited by baughgothUK on 02-09-2009 09:10 AM
Message 32 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3496 posts

Feb 9, 2009

baughgothUK wrote:

NARDE15 wrote:

F12345668 wrote:

Another good idea would be to allow voice chat only in certain public locations. So have a central plaza with voice chat and one without ect, ect, that way everyone will have the experience they want. and ofcourse tear a page out of the warhawk dev diary and let us host out own spaces!

Turning it off for yourself is effectively the same deal though, isn't it?

Either user-education, or switch everyone to public chat off would be the best idea in my opinion.

Message Edited by baughgothUK on 02-09-2009 09:10 AM

actually its a bit different. If we have an option to just be able to turn the mic's off then their would be ppl in the same home space that are also using mic's only you wouldnt be able to hear them. if you've played warhawk you know their are servers that allow voice chat and some that dont, my suggestion is that we be able to select which type of home square we would want to go to. an instance with voice chat of one without
Message 33 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Feb 9, 2009
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that there WAS a feature, when voice chat was enabled, that allowed you to mute somone that you didn't want to hear. I could have SWORN that I've muted someone before...almost positive.
"An Eye For An Eye Makes the Whole World Blind."
Message 34 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3496 posts

Feb 9, 2009

GOD__HAND wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that there WAS a feature, when voice chat was enabled, that allowed you to mute somone that you didn't want to hear. I could have SWORN that I've muted someone before...almost positive.

yeah your right but in F1's original idea he wanted everone on your friends list to automatically be in voice chat and everone else would have to request a voice chat with you. so it would be just like the mute feature only in reverse!
Message 35 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Feb 9, 2009

Via the EU

We're certainly looking at ways of bringing voice chat back in public spaces in the future. We'd like to consider ways of achieving

a balance between having a useful social tool and a means of annoying other people. We have several features coming along

this year that may very well tie in nicely with voice chat but until they arrive I believe voice chat will stay as it is.

TedTheDog EU - Home Community Manager

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&message.id=12...

Message 36 of 60 (10 Views)
Sackboy
608 posts

Feb 9, 2009

rgoff31 wrote:

Via the EU

We're certainly looking at ways of bringing voice chat back in public spaces in the future. We'd like to consider ways of achieving

a balance between having a useful social tool and a means of annoying other people. We have several features coming along

this year that may very well tie in nicely with voice chat but until they arrive I believe voice chat will stay as it is.

TedTheDog EU - Home Community Manager

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&message.id=12...

We have listed a lot of ways to keep voice chat from annoying people. 

Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Message 37 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Feb 9, 2009

all of these posts are good suggestions to how to fix some of the problems iwth home and open speech.  However a very inportant part of what home is and why home is here and overlooked in these suggestions.

even though home is free it is still a product.  Media and potentual contributors of content to home who wonder in and hear someone spoiting off and being rude arn't likely to want to place their products or give good reviews of home.

Home is intended to produce money and as such needs to carry a reputation as being a place that can be done. and NOT being a place where people just run free saying and doing whatever rude disrespectful thing they feel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to give to them who receive you. than to waste yourself on them who will receive you not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents take the time to monitor what your childern do online it's whats best for you and them.
Message 38 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
1040 posts

Feb 9, 2009
It is going to come back. We're just working on making it a more robust, customizable feature so that a select few can no longer use it to annoy the vast majority.
Message 39 of 60 (10 Views)
Fender Bender
3496 posts

Feb 9, 2009
you do love us!
Message 40 of 60 (10 Views)
0 Likes