Treasure Hunter
5676 posts

Re: Will home die?

Jun 5, 2007

RexNox wrote:

jgboy24 wrote:
I personally belive so, don't you. This 3D concept will eventually be outdone by something, and that something will probably come sooner than anyone can except.  What do you guys think?

Isn't Home just a Second Life knock-off.  Second Life seems to be doing alright to me.

It was only a matter of time before someone forgot there meds..... THIS IS NOT SECOND LIFE !!! NOR IS IT A RIP OFF..... WHAT DID SECOND LIFE RIP OFF??
Message 21 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6722 posts

Jun 5, 2007
Message 22 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Jun 5, 2007
Must say, I see this being a huge hit.
It does look very cool, after watching some videos and reading up on it, I can't wait.
Do people just post "will it die" for Sony things ?
Message 23 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1658 posts

Jun 5, 2007
I kinda think it will last about a week for some people. I'm sure everyone will be like "holy crap this is the most amazing thing ever!!!" But then they realise there isnt much to do other then talk after you have played all the games, customized your room and whatnot. No doubt there are people that will go off talking and changing stuff around for years, but others will become bored even with updates.

The only way i see this being extremely useful is if all games could be launched from Home, and they basically removed the XMB so that when you start up your ps3, you automatically go into Home (say you start in your appartment, or wherever you exited last). Honestly I hope they do do this, because i know after a while i wont be excited enough to log into Home every time i turn on the ps3.
Message 24 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 5, 2007
People that get bored easily are boring people, generally.
PSN name: tooled
Message 25 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jun 7, 2007

BlindSight wrote:
I kinda think it will last about a week for some people. I'm sure everyone will be like "holy crap this is the most amazing thing ever!!!" But then they realise there isnt much to do other then talk after you have played all the games, customized your room and whatnot. No doubt there are people that will go off talking and changing stuff around for years, but others will become bored even with updates.
The only way i see this being extremely useful is if all games could be launched from Home, and they basically removed the XMB so that when you start up your ps3, you automatically go into Home (say you start in your appartment, or wherever you exited last). Honestly I hope they do do this, because i know after a while i wont be excited enough to log into Home every time i turn on the ps3.

I echo this poster's sentiments. It's just a "gotta have it" vibe that will QUICKLY disappear. They better add a lot more features than what's in the Beta. The communication with the development team in the Beta is nonexistent, BTW. The Forums are vaporware, and the only way to reach them is through an email address, and they don't respond to that.

All you do is basically walk around the Central Lounge, talk through either a headset or on-screen keyboard, play some bowling or pool or one of the 4 virtual arcade machines in the GameSpace, watch the same 10 video clips in HomeTheater, (some without sound), or decorate your HomeSpace with a 50 item limit. The character facial features are limited, and act like Fight Night Round 3.

Trust me, once you get it, it's NOT gonna "PWN". It's going to be more like, "This is IT?!!"
Message 26 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5161 posts

Jun 7, 2007
as long as ppl play ps3, home will continue
PSN ID: TriFF51..........feel free to add me
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
August 12th 2010: 60 gb PS3 (YLOD) R.I.P. =(
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Playstation All-Stars, Persona4Golden, Dead Space
Message 27 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4458 posts

Jun 7, 2007
Yes Home is a fad right now. It really doesn't offer anything you can or couldn't do on the XMB right now or near future.
Home has an attraction to some people because of the 3D enviroment. Once the newness of Home wears off (which will be very quick) people will start to realize how Dull & boring it actually is. People will start dropping off, just like the beta is doing right now. On the first day of the Beta I saw about 140 people logged in, then the next day it was 40. Now there is hardly ever 20 people on at one time. I personally think it will fall flat. Once it comes out in Oct 07, the only people I can see that will continually use HOME will be about an average age of 14.< even though the age for the Beta is 18+ the kids are there.
 I prefer the video chat rooms I can set up right now with my other friends who have the Eyetoy. Only thing that attracts me to HOME is the ability to stream my videos to my friends. Other than that HOME will FAIL!

Message Edited by red dog1 on 06-07-2007 07:31 AM
RED-DOG

Photobucket
Message 28 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Jun 7, 2007

Imatyta wrote:
I don't agree. Home is just starting out. It will basically PWN once it comes out. The possibilities are endless in Home and I can't wait to put my hands on the finished product.

I think exactly the same.

Also, social networking software are coming. It is not only on consoles, it is at work too. So, I can see a lot of future to this thing. Keep in mind that games most of the time keep you out of the world. This could be something to connect each other.

I like it and I am waiting to the next beta.

PSN = blizzard182 - Add me if you want to play MotorStorm of NBA2K7!
I will keep posting to get rid of this damn pink color!!!
Message 29 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3777 posts

Jun 7, 2007

F-Rott wrote:

I echo this poster's sentiments. It's just a "gotta have it" vibe that will QUICKLY disappear. They better add a lot more features than what's in the Beta. The communication with the development team in the Beta is nonexistent, BTW. The Forums are vaporware, and the only way to reach them is through an email address, and they don't respond to that.

All you do is basically walk around the Central Lounge, talk through either a headset or on-screen keyboard, play some bowling or pool or one of the 4 virtual arcade machines in the GameSpace, watch the same 10 video clips in HomeTheater, (some without sound), or decorate your HomeSpace with a 50 item limit. The character facial features are limited, and act like Fight Night Round 3.

Trust me, once you get it, it's NOT gonna "PWN". It's going to be more like, "This is IT?!!"

You do realize that the beta is not a finished product right? They have alot of stuff that is going to be in it that  they don't offer now. There will be more gamers and alot more feature's when Home comes out. There are tons of possibilities that they can do. Bigger Apartments, User created content, Trophy's, more games, Movies, Clothing, Music and the list could can go on.  With near endless possibities I don't see Home going away anytime soon.
Photobucket
Message 30 of 40 (2 Views)
0 Likes