Wastelander
751 posts

Re: Will There Be A City In Home???

Mar 21, 2007
I can imagine it becoming a Mall type area, with apartments. Imagine a really big mall with multiple stories of apartments above.

Message Edited by SGT_2AD on 03-21-2007 04:26 PM
Message 11 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 21, 2007
Guys, you're not just confined to rooms so get it out of your head

There are massive lobbies to interact in, as well as the massive, almost Star Wars-like Hall of Fame, and most of the lobbies have an outdoor look to them. As you get further into Home, you can upgrade to a huge house, and escape the boundaries of a primary, confined apartment
Message 12 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 21, 2007
ITs just rooms tough it might be a city later
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 13 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Mar 21, 2007
Yeah but those are all rooms !! and no one said you couldn;t go out on a balcony or deck or something cause Im sure you can but I don't think therell be like an outdoor waling area/mall/shop
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 14 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 21, 2007

RaAsuar wrote:

SilentMom wrote:
Sony should increase the number of people in a server at once because therer are at least 5 rooms (lobbies) to go in and they are all located in 1 server....i'd get pretty lonesome when i am the only person in that room ya know

Hard to say if Sony uses a server per lobby 
I believe each lounges or lobbies are set to 64 concurrent users for a good reason - To reduce lag.

Basically, from what I read and heard from interviews with Phil Harrison, SCE will have it done in a smart and user friendly manner so you won't be in a lobby by yourself if the other lobbies are maxed at 64. Assuming only 64 people plus 1 will be in Home. Highly unlikely these numbers will be so low when Home is released.

I'm curious how developer and publishers will handle this situation for their themed lounges. If 64 AVs per lounge do they expand their lounges to 2 -3 servers or longes so everyone gets an opportunity to get in?

as far as I understand it Sony will be providing the server platform and just like regular lobbies other companies lounges will autospawn to carry the load.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 15 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1493 posts

Mar 21, 2007
In reality we've only seen one small area of home called the main lobby. Phil himself has stated that Sony is working on bringing actual products within home, but of course at this point we don't really know.

Also if you think about it, anything is possible.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
for years men have been talking about war and peace. But now no longer can they just talk about it. It is no longer the choice between violence and non violence in this world. Its non violence or non existence -Martin luther King jr.
Message 16 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Mar 21, 2007
When Attack of the Show covered Home, they showed a video of you being able to walk around and chat with others in what seemed like a city. They also said that it's pretty much like Second Life.
Message 17 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 21, 2007

HH_LL wrote:
When Attack of the Show covered Home, they showed a video of you being able to walk around and chat with others in what seemed like a city. They also said that it's pretty much like Second Life.

otoh AOTS missed the point of Home entirely....
I suggest you read up on what Home is (check the sticky at the top) rather then use AOTS as your source.

There are games rooms and publisher lobbies and what you saw was a publishers lobby
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 18 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Mar 22, 2007

Big_Man_G wrote:
Iv seen all the videos from gdc about home....but i was wondering if you think there will be a big city for everyone to walk around in, like say there's a store e.g circuit city,,walk in to there and you could pre-order stuff from there and it would come to your door, etc
Because from the videos i have seen theres a games room, big lobby, apartment, trophy room, thats it  ( i think)
anyways if any body knows if there is gonna be a city please tell me???

i read & heard that the game will get new features during the months!!!
-GreenJedi99
Message 19 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
746 posts

Mar 22, 2007
Hopefully they'll have more than just the main lobby for socializing.
Message 20 of 24 (38 Views)
0 Likes