Wastelander
719 posts

Re: Will HOME have fat people??

Mar 19, 2007

Mike843 wrote:

FlameThePhoenix wrote:
lol! at the thread title. Well I think they have to have fat people, most of America is obese. Although the ones who are obese don't make fat characters lol.

ROTFLMAO=Rollyin on the floor laughting my a@@ off

haha!!! i second that!!!!!!! im dying over here!!!
Playstation Network ID: Lefty_Spin
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Lefty Spin

Message 61 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2786 posts

Mar 21, 2007
They said you can adjust your character's "weight" so I'd guess that gives you the impression you can make fat people!

"In my life, I have this regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so"
Message 62 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Mar 21, 2007
I'm not heavy! I'm just big boned
Message 63 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Mar 21, 2007
Well aparently if that is your definition of perfect, then you don't have a clue. In a "perfect" world I know that nobody would seriously frown on individuality, that to me is just an ignorance.  I mean who would want to waste there time trying to be somebody else other than theirselves and actually be happy about it ? You'd have to be pathetically unconfident about yourself for that to happen. On the other hand, seem only fat people care about fat people being in the game, but it makes no difference to me. It would be nice if I could use my avatar to harass the older avatars like having a bike i could ride really fast and almost hit them, and see them run away all scared, lol. Anyway although most people would probably agree that one doesn't have to be toothpick skinny in real/virtual life, I doubt many would pick fat over skinny other than for a comic relief like dude said about making an avatar like CARTMAN. Then again I could be wrong........
Message 64 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1236 posts

Apr 17, 2007
I think many are not understanding the reason this question was asked. It's not because "fat people want to be fat in home" or some other thing like that. It's the whole point of individuality in HOME, and in my own case, I'd want to look as close to my real self as possible.

I hate the idea of getting in home and having some sort of "RPG" feel to it because I want to make myself look completely different from real life. I want HOME to be a place to meet up with people online and play games and such, but be real about it all.

How would you feel if all the avatars looked like "punks" or "rockers" or something, and you didn't have the option to portray yourself in your own way . . . It's sorta like stereotyping all gamers to look like one type of person/body build.

I hope that HOME has some good customization, because I want to try to be REAL with people I meet in home . . . and I would hate for it to become like an RPG or something. (Those who like RPGs, that's fine, I'm not saying RPGs are bad, I'm saying I don't want that to be forced in HOME.)

(I apologize for any and all posts that show bad behaviour. If you see any more, correct me on it!)
Message 65 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 17, 2007

WFCHS77 wrote:
I think many are not understanding the reason this question was asked. It's not because "fat people want to be fat in home" or some other thing like that. It's the whole point of individuality in HOME, and in my own case, I'd want to look as close to my real self as possible.

I hate the idea of getting in home and having some sort of "RPG" feel to it because I want to make myself look completely different from real life. I want HOME to be a place to meet up with people online and play games and such, but be real about it all.

How would you feel if all the avatars looked like "punks" or "rockers" or something, and you didn't have the option to portray yourself in your own way . . . It's sorta like stereotyping all gamers to look like one type of person/body build.

I hope that HOME has some good customization, because I want to try to be REAL with people I meet in home . . . and I would hate for it to become like an RPG or something. (Those who like RPGs, that's fine, I'm not saying RPGs are bad, I'm saying I don't want that to be forced in HOME.)

This is were the diverse custmization comes into play.
There are so many styles of clothing, hair, and accessories that you don't need to be obese or annorexic to show who you really are. If all the avatar builds are similar, then people will spend less time focusing on your girth, and more time finding your sense of fashion, based on your likes.

Yes, there will be some RPG type players who won't dress like they do in real life, but, like I said, each section of the body is so customizable that you can appear very close to what suits you.

Now, just because all the avatars are fit, that doesn't mean that gamers will be stereotyped as "muscular." Do you ever see that happening? Not the slightest chance...

That's like saying all people who use Orcs in World of Warcraft have bad, pointy teeth. It's not going to happen. It's a virtual world

Message 66 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3145 posts

Apr 17, 2007
I am pleasantly plump!  And yeah you can adjust weight n stuff.

~ Hardcore Alliance ~ 68-30-2 ~ 111440 Valor ~
Message 67 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2967 posts

Apr 17, 2007
what if your guy becomes so fat you cant fit throught the door of your home. What if you block doors off to the theater. what if you take up more than 75% of the space in the main lobby. WHAT IF YOU DIE FROM HIGH CHOLESTEROL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 68 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
840 posts

Apr 17, 2007
well, from all of the virtual pizzas we eat...of course !!
Message 69 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2967 posts

Apr 17, 2007

woodwindpjh wrote:
well, from all of the virtual pizzas we eat...of course !!

Or cookies

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 70 of 72 (3 Views)
0 Likes