Apr 20 2007
By: Lugosi Sackboy 509 posts

Will HOME be better than SECOND LIFE?

5 replies 5 views Edited Apr 20, 2007
i've never tried second life before but i know that from a gamers point of view HOME will be better in many ways.but for the average pc user, SECOND LIFE will probably be better. so my question is, Which is going to be better? Home or SECOND LIFE?
funny gifs
Message 1 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14204 posts

Re: Will HOME be better than SECOND LIFE?

Apr 20, 2007
Comparison threads are not allowed but I'm not sure if this would count. I've messed with Second Life before and it was OK. Home actually sounds like the same thing. 
Message 2 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Apr 20, 2007

ftwrthtx wrote:
Comparison threads are not allowed but I'm not sure if this would count. I've messed with Second Life before and it was OK. Home actually sounds like the same thing. 

Home is not at all a copy of second life it is a virtual world for gamers you cant get a job to my knowledge everytin taht you want to buy extra have 2 be paid out of your real life pocket... second life is wat it says a second life.... for nerds and loosers whos real life is not worth living...
Message 3 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19276 posts

Apr 20, 2007

GeneralOfDeath wrote:

ftwrthtx wrote:

Home is not at all a copy of second life it is a virtual world for gamers you cant get a job to my knowledge everytin taht you want to buy extra have 2 be paid out of your real life pocket... second life is wat it says a second life.... for nerds and loosers whos real life is not worth living...

second life can be paid out of your own pocket and its not for nerds and loosers who dont have a life worth living some people actualy play it like a game Smiley Surprised     cause you can build anything you want unlike limited home if your good enough you could make a jet cars trees dragons tv's musical instruments ect ect  

and if your on these forums chances are your a nerd and a loser Smiley Tongue j/k
click for candy
Message 4 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 20, 2007
If you look at it from a gamer's point of view, then yes. Home will be much better than Second Life
Message 5 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Apr 21, 2007
Second Life and Home are two completely different products with different goals
(please do a search before posting new threads about old topics)

2nd life  is meant to be a social realm in and of itself with the goal of creating a user marketplace with month fees etc. Home is meant to be a gateway to games and gaming products with a place to socialize and show off your entitlements and trophies.  That is 2nd lifes primary goal is to create revenue buy selling virtual goods to people in a virtual realm - Home's primary goal is to create a unified network structure that allows for match making and sharing of content with friends
  1. 2nd life is user created content,  Home is Sony and 2nd and 3rd party developed content
  2. Gateway to the Playground (Home) vs. Being the Playground (2nd Life)
  3. Free to use Home - Costs to do anything in 2nd Life
  4. Matchmaking for games vs Solo Play
  5. Moderated Strongly vs Weak Moderation

If you think SL or GTA seems like home ... do a search ... there are literally 90+ threads on that
eg:

Message Edited by AckeheceKoheo on 04-20-2007 05:04 PM

Message Edited by AckeheceKoheo on 04-20-2007 05:04 PM
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 6 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes