Apr 26, 2007
i never even considered that 
Message 21 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Re: Why you likely didn't get an e-mail for Home

Apr 26, 2007
I never said it was locked to a particular PS3 console. I simply said you need one for it to work. If you don't have one you don't get in, it's that simple.
Message 22 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11831 posts

Apr 26, 2007

PSP_OR_DEATH wrote:
Well there goes that theory lol.

I figured that may be why, and perhaps for some people it is, while for others it's not.

people get randomly picked, based on of course the minimum requirements of what is necessary to run the beta... ie you wont get picked for home if you dont have your ps3 registered with sony

>

Message 23 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Tkmaster wrote:

PSP_OR_DEATH wrote:
Well there goes that theory lol.

I figured that may be why, and perhaps for some people it is, while for others it's not.

people get randomly picked, based on of course the minimum requirements of what is necessary to run the beta... ie you wont get picked for home if you dont have your ps3 registered with sony

I had done that.
Message 24 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11831 posts

Apr 26, 2007

PSP_OR_DEATH wrote:
Meh im kinda pissed but theres not much we can do. It's going to be a free service when it launches for all to enjoy, so while it sucks to have to wait longer then some to enjoy it, I can deal with it until we all get our shot.

Lets be honest here. Everyone keeps complaining about how Sony went about conducting this closed BETA invite but what were they expected to do? there is no real proper way to conduct such a thing as everyone thinks they have their reasons for being chosen. Some think because they have thousands of forum posts, others because of their loyalty to Sony from PS1 etc. The bottom line is no matter how they went about this people would have been upset regardless. Who's to say that the homebetatrial.com site would have been any more liberal? I would tend to say the opposite. Sending out invite e-mails or having a page for 1st come 1st serve basis are both going to leave people feeling abandonded by Sony so I don't know why people can be so upset at them. They did it in the best way they could, while still being logical.

its possible that they may open up home beta later on to take more testers, like most beta tests do....  game starts with a small amount of testers then later on they expand it a little more to allow more people on

>

Message 25 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1017 posts

Apr 26, 2007
OK, I can tell you it's pretty official that one of my friend who doens't have a PS3, nor registered, has gotten an inventation for Home.  So, I'm not sure what they are picking their random picking from.....

Currently Playing:
Message 26 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1504 posts

Apr 26, 2007
i am so ticked i got my ps3 at midnight on the 17th of nov. and registered it that night and no invite
60gb ps3 gaming sense 11-17-06 12:42a.m.
Message 27 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1653 posts

May 1, 2007

tracstr wrote:
i am so ticked i got my ps3 at midnight on the 17th of nov. and registered it that night and no invite

Your ticked, I have 3 registered in my family since 9am that morning. Nothing. I think they profile or are racially biased. (KIDDING!!!!)
Not so friendly neighborhood troll, slapping a sense of reality into your head.
Message 28 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1653 posts

May 1, 2007

tracstr wrote:

Your ticked, I have 3 registered in my family since 9am that morning. Nothing. I think they profile. (KIDDING!!!!)
Not so friendly neighborhood troll, slapping a sense of reality into your head.
Message 29 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

May 1, 2007
I chose not to recieve as well but still got an invite.

Message 30 of 31 (30 Views)
0 Likes