Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Re: Why you likely didn't get an e-mail for Home

Apr 26, 2007

Gnob wrote:
there are a bunch of things you have to be a member of the underground, you have to have a psn, you have to have registered the ps3, all must have the same email adress. i think there are still more too. those are false many ppl have said that their PSN & PSU had different emails and they got an invite ........below is a sample of the email sent out

REMEMBER:

• Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.
  • Participation in Home Beta means you will be subject to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Privacy Policy and will receive further communications from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
  • You must accept the Home Beta Trial Agreement to sign up.
  • Not everyone who signs up will be accepted.
  • If you are one of the chosen few, we will notify you via email.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 26, 2007
I KNOW THAT ITS PROBALLY JUST AT RANDOM THE WAY PEOPLE GET THE INVITES,BUT COME ON THEY COULD AT LEAST MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A PS3 ,I HAVE FRIENDS THAT GOT INVITES AND THEY ONLY HAVE PS2'S WHAT A WASTE,THOSE INVITES COULD HAVE GONE TOO SOME ONE WHO AT LEAST HAS A PS3.
I don't die, I just go to hell and regroup!
Message 12 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 26, 2007
In the end it won't matter though. You need a PSN ID anyways. I never used my PS2 online but to my knowledge the PSN ID is exclusive to PS3 anyways, no? And if that is the case the invite is usless to them anyway so I woulnd't worry.
Message 13 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Once you try to register for the beta thru the E-mail sent out you have to enter your PSN(playstation 3 user ID) so if they don't have one they won't get in which means they can go to the next person ..................it's not perfect but it is effective and it will eliminate a lot of ppl because i been reading posts made by kids saying that their parents have the main acoounts and gave them sub accounts which will let sony know that they're out as well.........when you think about it they actually used a good strategy.
Message 14 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Apr 26, 2007

REDDOTREMIX wrote:
I KNOW THAT ITS PROBALLY JUST AT RANDOM THE WAY PEOPLE GET THE INVITES,BUT COME ON THEY COULD AT LEAST MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A PS3 ,I HAVE FRIENDS THAT GOT INVITES AND THEY ONLY HAVE PS2'S WHAT A WASTE,THOSE INVITES COULD HAVE GONE TOO SOME ONE WHO AT LEAST HAS A PS3.

That will help out us that got an invite and do have PS3s.
Message 15 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 26, 2007
YOURE RIGHT,MAYBE THEYLL REALIZE THEY GOFFED,AND SOME OF US WILL STILL GET LUCKY...CROSS YOUR FINGERS...LOL
I don't die, I just go to hell and regroup!
Message 16 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Apr 26, 2007
They didn't goof. The invite was fool-proof. If you dont have a PS3 PSN ID you CANT sign up, it's as simple as that.
Message 17 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
602 posts

Apr 26, 2007
It would've been cool to receieve a message saying I was in the home beta group, but hey it's not like we're missing out on much. I mean at the end of the day we will have the full product this fall. I can wait.
Photobucket
Message 18 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1017 posts

Apr 26, 2007
PSN ID isn't locked on to a PS3, but how many people would actually share their account.  It has all the valuable information on there and could possibly lead to credit card fraud as well.

Currently Playing:
Message 19 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1653 posts

Apr 26, 2007
I sat in the rain for a week to get this PS3, I can't wait for Home... I want in, so if there is a door I can kick in, just point it out!

Message Edited by Laughed on 04-26-2007 11:07 AM
Not so friendly neighborhood troll, slapping a sense of reality into your head.
Message 20 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes