Mar 24 2013
By: ConstanceBennett First Son 1 posts

Why is it under Game (A-Z)?

11 replies 311 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

Is home a game, and if so, how do we earn trophies or win at playing it?

If its not a game, why is this forum under Playstation Community Forums : Games (A-Z) : Playstation Home?

Message 1 of 12 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Why is it under Game (A-Z)?

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

Because that is how they choose to organize it. They didn't see the need to have a special division for Home itself. There is a support forum (in support) and a General Forum under games.

It's at least alphabetical which makes it easy to find. The easiest way is simply to bookmark the forum to get here without working for it. Smiley Happy

I suspect we haven't seen the last of the changes to ps.com. 

Message 2 of 12 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

Haven't you heard?  It's Sony's master plan to slowly make everyone forget Home ever existed in the first place.  eusa_shhh.gif

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 3 of 12 (273 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4724 posts

Mar 24, 2013
They change these forums almost as often as Facebook updates its layout. So crazy.
Message 4 of 12 (250 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I rather it be under games, than off-topic.

Message 5 of 12 (225 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Mar 24, 2013

^_^ life is a game

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 6 of 12 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Mar 24, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

^_^ life is a game

Home =/= life

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 12 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1747 posts

Mar 24, 2013

ConstanceBennett wrote:

Is home a game, and if so, how do we earn trophies or win at playing it?

If its not a game, why is this forum under Playstation Community Forums : Games (A-Z) : Playstation Home?

OK Constance, to be fair and serious about your question, PS Home has many uses apparently ... there are mini-games in both public spaces, as well as in private spaces. Unfortunately, you don't earn trophies, but you earn rewards for either your avatar to wear or for your private spaces to decorate. Some people use Home for the social aspect of it, others use Home to play the mini-games to earn rewards.

In that last sense, Home is listed in Forums under Game (A-Z).

@ralahinn1 - I agree with Light; I would rather NOT live my life on Home! @xMINDBlIlURx - Yes, I rather in Games than off-topic. @D - Surprised Sony didn't really create a true Nebulizer, eh? @Jo and Thew - to steal from another post I placed re: the re-org of Store thread; I'll leave this variant - ... dear Lara Croft or Nate Drake ... please help me locate PSHome within PS Forums  ... your mission is to help me find it ... Smiley LOL

Happy Sunday, y'all! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12 (195 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Home is many things to many people. Technically Home is a game launching hub/chat program interface with minigames to play. The idea is its a gaming platform on its own, but in Sony's shortsightedness, its games suffer alot due to faulty system maintenance, errors, disconnects etc.
They shouldve just concentrated on the social aspects the whole time as we all know Home has serious limitations and has been running on fumes and well wishes for a while now...
Support Forums
Message 9 of 12 (180 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29221 posts

Mar 25, 2013

The Home forum is listed under Games for convenience. Whether one considers it a game or not is irreverent, as long as it is listed where it can be easily found.

As for trophies for Home on the PSN/XMB, that will never happen as Home is constantly changing. Spaces and games are added, expanded and/or removed so often that earning certain trophies may prove difficult to impossible; the  event game, space or may no longer be there. Additionally, I can see Home being invaded by millions of people who have no care for Home or the community, disturbing everyone in their frantic search to achieve every Home trophy.

But we do have some games that do have trophies for games within Home, that can only be viewed in our own personal spaces and clubhouses, or those of our friends and clubs. What I would like to have is more trophies to be available for Home specific games...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 12 (144 Views)
0 Likes