Survivor
2394 posts

Re: Why Does the Support Forum Exist?

Sep 6, 2010

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Johnnybeachboy wrote:
Support is useless Stop telling him all that some of you guys are like drones just saying whats sony saying so stop replying with stuff a corporate office would say and use some real world sense into it. @Crazy88 sony is a bit slow on support stuff so just try and relax because Homes just a game and sony doesnt care about it. Sorry for saying the truth i know its disapointing and the same thing happened to me

It's not useless. People who think they don't pay attention are just wrong. The other console maker just raised it's price to play online. We get it for free and we get home on top of it. Sorry that is a pretty good deal in my view.

Yay, let's totally forget about the other OTHER console!  The one that offers free online!  Why do people insist on forgetting about the other other system?  They have free online, they're easily hacked, extremely cheap, and they don't push for security updates banning people that pirate games!

Yeah, so that does seem like a pretty good deal in my view.

/sarcasm

(And mods, notice the sarcasm joke I put there.  Don't lock this thread because of it)

On topic.  They don't fix things like they should.  Back when Home was first in open beta, they'd take time out to fix things.  Now, they only come out with more content.  And yes, I know different companies do different things in Home, but the point is that they've gotten really sloppy.  Both in the "repairs" they need to do on items and glitches, and the fact that they shouldn't have any mistakes in the first place.  Home is already a few years old, the technology is still the same.  No excuses for making these mistakes.

One last thing.  I've worked in making video games before, so don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about.  Nobody puts true effort into things anymore.  They only do a half-assed job, as long as they still get money.  That's not good enough.

Rant: over. 

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 11 of 19 (41 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Re: Why does the Support thread exist?

Sep 6, 2010

Let's stay on topic and peaceful guys.  No need for any personal attacks or flaming of any kind. 

Message 12 of 19 (41 Views)
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Sep 6, 2010
Gasp? A Mod post that didn't lock the topic? I'm amazed!

Anyway, believe it or not, the HCM do look at the support section.... they just don't tell us when they do, thats the main concern.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 13 of 19 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Sep 7, 2010

WaveLightning777 wrote:
Gasp? A Mod post that didn't lock the topic? I'm amazed!

Anyway, believe it or not, the HCM do look at the support section.... they just don't tell us when they do, thats the main concern.

Wow, my sentiments exactly. I saw 8 'you have a reply' emails, and all of 'em are gone. Surprising. I'd kudo the MOD for being a bit out of the box, but I told myself I'd stop kudo'n 'em. >.> So /applause my respect earning MOD.

@ Wave, ya, but HCMs don't have direct contact, and not all of them do things outside their role as support for the staff. What's missing to me on the Sony-side of things is responces like "We've seen your complaint and are looking into it" to simply, "We know of this issue and have worked on it, at this time there is no solution" so at LEAST there's a semblance of things. But most Support threads go to the spam or death categories after moved there.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 14 of 19 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1454 posts

Sep 7, 2010

Hey Crazy-88, I understand exactly where you are coming from.  I bought Villain's Lair because I thought the mini-game Village Griefer was a blast, and wanted friends over to enjoy it too.  The site has proven to be totally glitched, making it impossible to play with any degree of confidence that it won't screw up.

I posted an article in Support titled "Is This Thorough Enough to Get Something Done About it???" just about a month ago.  I sent 2 PM's each to GlassWalls and Locust_Star asking they review the article and respond.  I've heard nothing so far.  The article is very detailed, as is suggested by GlassWalls in his article "BEST PRACTICES for reporting issues".  I continue to make notes while playing, and have made a few updates to the article as well.  Maybe, as Conrad and others suggest, something is being done about it, but without any feedback I can only assume nothing is being done and they hope the problem, and I, will just go away.  It won't and I won't.

Home may be a virtual world, but we spend real world money in it.  In the real world, if you buy a faulty or defective item, you return it for a refund, or for one that isn't broke.  Why is it any different here?  I just don't understand that.  I bought it, it's broke and I want it fixed.

Posted Image
Message 15 of 19 (41 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Sep 7, 2010
I always thought of the Support forum as the dump for anything not "gimmie" and or legit problem on the General forum.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 19 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Sep 7, 2010

IMO the support thread\forum exists to make the casual user feel like there issues are being looked into as long as people continue to spend money at the rate the currently do  on home I can assure you that nothing will change.

A mind thinks as to our lips speak of what's thought yet a thought on point may be joked on,it stays simple but true. High standards above us that pretend to be our literature and emotions step in and edit our purpose without cause but only effect, leaving us defenceless and confused as to not knowing why or what purpose we have of actually being here. But my truth remains and the facts of me are simple and understanding, which in turn is my strenght to help others, I am the1cj, remember that.
Message 17 of 19 (41 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 7, 2010

There's far too much of a tendency of some on here to cram the good aspects of Home down the throats of those with grievances, as if the myriad issues in Home will magically no longer be a problem. It's like dumping salt on some bland food. You must like it because it's seasoned, even though it chews like rubber.

Message 18 of 19 (41 Views)
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Sep 8, 2010

WFG9 wrote:

There's far too much of a tendency of some on here to cram the good aspects of Home down the throats of those with grievances, as if the myriad issues in Home will magically no longer be a problem. It's like dumping salt on some bland food. You must like it because it's seasoned, even though it chews like rubber.

I agree kudos it seems like some on here are all happiness and sunshine home has flaws as well as the support forum\thread has flaws but here something that you usually don't see a suggestion to help make it right, how about a home support  position this person would know all the tech ins and out of home and answer all support related questions and concerns a big job for one person but perhaps there should be a team of people to help out but the point is there are ways to make these things better but money is the number one motivator for Sony nothing else. That's why I say nothing will change unless every user of home stops buying things for 6 months which I doubt will happen because people have the attitude that no one can tell them what to do how to spend there money etc but they fail to realize the bigger picture of how not spending money on home for six months might get someone in Sony attention to these and other various issues.

A mind thinks as to our lips speak of what's thought yet a thought on point may be joked on,it stays simple but true. High standards above us that pretend to be our literature and emotions step in and edit our purpose without cause but only effect, leaving us defenceless and confused as to not knowing why or what purpose we have of actually being here. But my truth remains and the facts of me are simple and understanding, which in turn is my strenght to help others, I am the1cj, remember that.
Message 19 of 19 (41 Views)
0 Likes