Apr 30 2013
By: VioletWinds Fender Bender 2970 posts

Why does hitting to select to report freeze you?

6 replies 264 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

Another thread reminded me that this happens a lot -- more than it doesn't happen. Does anyone know why it happens?

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 1 of 7 (264 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Re: Why does hitting to select to report freeze you?

Apr 30, 2013
It always freezes on me for 3-4 seconds before the menu comes up. I think the delay is due to gathering all the instance information from the server for report purposes, but I could be mistaken.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 30, 2013
It takes a snapshot of your screen and chatlog. Like when taking a picture with your camera and having it save it'll freeze for a few seconds before opening up the menu.
Support Forums
Message 3 of 7 (239 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Another thread reminded me that this happens a lot -- more than it doesn't happen. Does anyone know why it happens?

I assume you mean a "freeze" that requires a hard reset of the PS3. It happens frequently if the space hasn't fully loaded yet (ie people in the instance are still ghosts). It seems the longer you've been in a space, the less likely it is to happen. Since the last core update, sometimes it shows my Harbour Studio and I get a "trying (waiting?) to reconnect" message if I hit select too soon. I like to use the select function to see who's in the space myself. It's acted this way as long as I can remember.

Message 4 of 7 (217 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 30, 2013

It happens to me to,,,

It's like my PS3 stalls,,, but more times then not the menu pops up after about 10+ seconds

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Apr 30, 2013

As Myalana said. It's better to wait untill everything is loaded before sending a report. Also, never try to report while in game. 

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 6 of 7 (182 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

May 1, 2013
It does not matter whether you are reporting or not. Any time you hit the select button, that menu takes a long time to open up. The apparent screen freeze can last up to a minute. I always have to remember to be patient.
Posted Image

Message 7 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes