Jun 15 2013
By: dissidiakid44 Splicer 43 posts

Why does Japan get ALL of the really cool stuff?

31 replies 663 views Edited Jun 15, 2013

I was exploring the spaces on the Japanese Home server for a few hours and collected a few rewards. I opened my Wardrobe only to notice a Black Rock Shooter T-shirt( a B.R.S. furniture item comes with it ). My expression was like " Smiley Surprised You gotta be kidding, Why can't I get this in the U.S?? "

For those of you who don't know, Black Rock Shooter is an 8-episode anime, with its own video game, and Manga series. As a [proud] member of Anime Resonance in the U.S. (Thanks again LegoFire ^_^), I would love to be able to run around in a B.R.S. shirt representing the club...

Whyy?? D:

If you come here, you'll find me, I promise -Squall Leonhart, Final Fantasy VIII, Squaresoft 1999

Message 1 of 32 (663 Views)
MVP Support
9161 posts

Re: Why does Japan get ALL of the really cool stuff?

Jun 15, 2013

It has to do with licensing the items a lot of NA content is also not found in the japanese home because it is a lot of trouble to license the items there like Miku Hatsune it is exclusive to the japanese home and a lot of clothes from NA are exclusive to here localizing products it is a very difficult task believe it or not that why they remain exclusive to their respective regions

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 32 (659 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 15, 2013
They have money, we don't!
Message 3 of 32 (645 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Jun 15, 2013

You stole my sig line D:

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 4 of 32 (633 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I am so sorry ._.

but I had to..
If you come here, you'll find me, I promise -Squall Leonhart, Final Fantasy VIII, Squaresoft 1999

Message 5 of 32 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

You stole my sig line D:

Well... at least they waited until you were done with it. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 32 (600 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Jun 16, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

You stole my sig line D:

Well... at least they waited until you were done with it. Smiley Tongue

B b but Smiley Sad

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 7 of 32 (572 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Japan does have some really nice stuff. It's a shame there is a language barrier because I suspect if there weren't many of us would spend much of our time there.

Message 8 of 32 (566 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Jun 16, 2013

I'm sure Japan thinks some of our stuff is cool too

Message 9 of 32 (558 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 16, 2013

dissidiakid44 wrote:

I was exploring the spaces on the Japanese Home server for a few hours and collected a few rewards. I opened my Wardrobe only to notice a Black Rock Shooter T-shirt( a B.R.S. furniture item comes with it ). My expression was like " Smiley Surprised You gotta be kidding, Why can't I get this in the U.S?? "

For those of you who don't know, Black Rock Shooter is an 8-episode anime, with its own video game, and Manga series. As a [proud] member of Anime Resonance in the U.S. (Thanks again LegoFire ^_^), I would love to be able to run around in a B.R.S. shirt representing the club...

Whyy?? D:

I think a lot of the reason why we don't get their content is because anime just doesn't sell here like it does there. Look at how many games get released in japan compared to north america. It's almost ridiculous how many titles they release over there. They just have a bigger market than we do for that kind of item. I'm sure there would be decent sales for items related to anime and manga in north america, but not big enough for them to take a chance. (that's all just a guess of course)

Message 10 of 32 (553 Views)