First Son
13 posts

Re: Why do people get so offended when...

Jan 26, 2011

really it is ones choice to be a girl or a guy avitar but the reason people get upseat is because its a way some guys try to pick up on girls or guys if they like the same gender as themselves... also some guys not all use that bit as a way of causing havock... but I dont see anything wrong with it. hope I was helpfull

Message 111 of 115 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 15, 2011

Try being a transgendered and having to explain that, I stopped and just say I am a guy now. Stops the random harrasment.

Message 112 of 115 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Sep 15, 2011

That is because they're losers looking for a virtual date on a game or just weird.

i luv my waffles red >:3 im the butter to your tometa, the apple to your banana, the toe nail clippings to your jar, the content to your forum, meow.
Message 113 of 115 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Sep 15, 2011

Because the act of pretending to be a girl on Home, when one is actually a guy is inherently deceitfull.  They are presenting themselves to others as someone they are not.  No different then someone coming on Home and claiming to be some other Home user, or Donald Trump.

Not just a style of dress, or a costume that everyone knows is not real, but a fundamental shift in the dynamics of the interpersonal relationship they are hoping to establish with others they socialize with in Home.

A transgendered person is different.  They honestly feel like the other gender.  They think like them, act like them and relate to that gender more closely in their daily, real life.  A transgendered person having an Avatar in home that is the opposite gender then what they actually are (biologically), is simply them trying to be as honest as possible.  By saying "this is who I really am on the inside, please treat me accordingly."

Just some dude, using a female Avatar for s--ts and giggles, does not really feel like a woman inside.  He is doing this strictly for his own amusement at the expanse of deceiving others into treating him differently then they normally would.  Just so he can have a laugh or be entertained.

This tends to irk people, as most do not like being deceived by someone, strictly for that persons own selfish entertainment.

I'm not saying you can't have an Avatar of a different gender then yourself for fun, but expect some hostility.  After all, in the giant game that is social interaction, you are the one breaking the rules.

Be One With The Game.

Message 114 of 115 (50 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 15, 2011

Greetings, it is your boy Matty that use this Girl avatar to have the most fun experience on Home with his golden voice LOL Hello it is Matty and Have A Mooshie Shoo Day =^_^= xoxox

Photo PlayStation®Home 9-1-2011 4-43-26.jpgPhoto PlayStation®Home 9-1-2011 4-41-30.jpg

Message 115 of 115 (50 Views)
0 Likes