Jan 15 2013
By: dissidiakid44 Splicer 43 posts

Why did Sony remove Killzone Defender?

13 replies 301 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

So I decided to go back on Home after 6 months or so of not being on only to discover that my favorite place of all time was deleted. I would very much like to see it revived, but first I want to know why it was deleted in the first place, whether due to a lack of interest or just to make more room on the servers. If someone could enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated. Please, I really liked that game.

If you come here, you'll find me, I promise -Squall Leonhart, Final Fantasy VIII, Squaresoft 1999

Message 1 of 14 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Why did Sony remove Killzone Defender?

Jan 15, 2013

They stopped supporting real game content a while ago, tons of spaces like that one as well as Dead Island, Resident Evil 5, and Uncharted spaces were removed as well. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 14 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Im glad the resistance space is still here, im STILL trying for that dam hoodie, 1mill is so hard to get....
Message 3 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Shame real games aren't a focus anymore. 

Message 4 of 14 (268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 15, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

They stopped supporting real game content a while ago, tons of spaces like that one as well as Dead Island, Resident Evil 5, and Uncharted spaces were removed as well. 

Funny, I always saw it the other way around...  Game developers stoped supporting Home.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 5 of 14 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4236 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Very true joanna, its sad when a gaming console isnt supporting games for their consoles, isnt game spaces to amp people up for that game? Maby the space would steer people towards wanting to maby try out the actual game? I see sony losing sales because who wants to spend $60 when they know nothing about the game.
Message 6 of 14 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
588 posts

Jan 15, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
Very true joanna, its sad when a gaming console isnt supporting games for their consoles, isnt game spaces to amp people up for that game? Maby the space would steer people towards wanting to maby try out the actual game? I see sony losing sales because who wants to spend $60 when they know nothing about the game.

That's the way I saw it. Playing a game related space in Home MADE me want to purchase the game if the mini Home game was fun. I don't know what Sony or developers are thinking? It's a bit backwards to me.

Message 7 of 14 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Jan 15, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
I agree, but this is also why they have Game Demo's and Beta's to pre-feature games aswell.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 14 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 15, 2013

All of this is all speculation of course, since Sony never informs us of anything, It could be because of any number of reasons, but I would say "because they can"?  I too loved that space and was sad that it had to go but there's not much that can be done about it.  Look at CP people still want it back and Sony doesn't care. 

Message 9 of 14 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I would have never bought siren, if it hadent been for me seeing it on home, I never even heard of the game before then, and the game related spaces were always the most popular. I miss the central plaza evens too, dead island was awsome

Message 10 of 14 (149 Views)
0 Likes