Nov 30 2012
By: SnowHood-Ride50 Hekseville Citizen 320 posts

Why are the Events Gone on Activity Board

29 replies 390 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

WHY Are  The Events gone on the ACTIVITY BOARD ???    i would  agree some Events  that peope posted on there was stupid like people asking for  A Psn Card AND stuff like that.    there was some also good events people posted.  i met few good friends  cause they posted events on the activity Board. Nol  Everyone who posted an event on the Activty Board was crazy u know lol. anyway is there word if its going to come back ??

Message 1 of 30 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Why are the Events Gone on Activity Board

Nov 30, 2012

They announced it's removal. There didn't seem to be an intent to bring it back. You can blame those who posted inappropriate material there for it's going.

Message 2 of 30 (386 Views)
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Nov 30, 2012

SnowHood-Ride50 wrote:

WHY Are  The Events gone on the ACTIVITY BOARD ???    i would  agree some Events  that peope posted on there was stupid like people asking for  A Psn Card AND stuff like that.    there was some also good events people posted.  i met few good friends  cause they posted events on the activity Board. Nol  Everyone who posted an event on the Activty Board was crazy u know lol. anyway is there word if its going to come back ??

I am also dissappointed in the behavior of some ruining it for the rest of the community.  However, if you would like to post or see community events, you can use The Home Events Calendar.
Message 3 of 30 (370 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Nov 30, 2012

SnowHood-Ride50 wrote:

Because people blacklisted others...solicited cam shows for PSN cards...sought to meet children...etc, etc. and despite being brought up again and again and again and hearing from staff that it was monitored and cleaned up, it never was. This was easier than dealing with the problem I guess.

Message 4 of 30 (358 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Nov 30, 2012

bad  people ruined it for good people.  thats not right.  people who asked for psn cards for cam showas and hat other stuff that was inappreipte should had been banned  for posting inapprotiate material things like that.  i met some people from home and we played games together. not everyone who plays games off ps3 goes on home. thats a way to meet other people that did both played games and go on home and these idoits who posted inapproaite bad stuff  ruin it for good people

Message 5 of 30 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Nov 30, 2012

short answer: too many pervs. Smiley Indifferent

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Message 6 of 30 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Yes the board needed more moderation or an approval process before posts were made. Sadly Sony wasn't prepared to do that and it appears the removal of the board was the choice they picked. 

Message 7 of 30 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
165 posts

Nov 30, 2012
*sigh* back to having to walk up to random people to get group members... so annoying.
Message 8 of 30 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Nov 30, 2012

myalana wrote:

SnowHood-Ride50 wrote:

Because people blacklisted others...solicited cam shows for PSN cards...sought to meet children...etc, etc. and despite being brought up again and again and again and hearing from staff that it was monitored and cleaned up, it never was. This was easier than dealing with the problem I guess.

I for one am glad, it's gone.

Now maybe my little fan, will stop blacklisting me any chance he gets.

Message 9 of 30 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Simple. The Board was used by certain individuals, who attempted to solicit minors for sexual activities.

Sony's overly long delay in correcting the situation, is in my opinion despicable, and criminal. Maybe Sony saved themselves mega $ and a few jail terms, by taking it down. Then again, maybe not. We shall see.

The law sees anyone under the age of 18, aa a minor.

I see them as kids. It is our job as adults to protect all children who use Home.

Obviously, you cannot leave it to Sony to do so. "Family Friendly" Home ? . . . what a joke.

Sony failed.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 10 of 30 (256 Views)
0 Likes