Nov 09 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Why are people still racing their dolphins

13 replies 325 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

I know we will never ever receive an update for it.   I used to think, this was fun when it first came out. I raced for about a year. Even lost my 1st set during the power outage in 2010. 2nd set, maxed out on votes, got a decent race record, met some great people. I haven't raced since July and I just maintain my dolphins with scores 98 or higher and keep them happy.    Occasionally, I will show up at Hudson to support others, but why keep doing it. Home team, has written this off already, and your stats only matter to you.   A lot people love dolphins.

For me to take up racing again, some serious updates, would have to happen to it. Users have suggested several awesome ideas and we haven't received anything.   Which was part of the main reason, why I wrote it off as well.   

Hudson, is still going strong but truly sad, it only received like two updates, like two years ago.   Smiley Frustrated

Another Note:  I did ask for yellow wrist bands but we got blue & white. Least it was something but not the color I wanted.

Message 1 of 14 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Why are people still racing their dolphins

Nov 9, 2012

Why are people still racing their Dolphins?

There is an underworld of Home users who bet Gil on these races. This secret society will not be named but you see them every day in Home. I bet some are even on your friends list.. You'll never know .

* If I disappear it's because I have said to much.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 2 of 14 (313 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

Jersquall wrote:

Why are people still racing their Dolphins?

There is an underworld of Home users who bet Gil on these races. This secret society will not be named but you see them every day in Home. I bet some are even on your friends list.. You'll never know .

* If I disappear it's because I have said to much.

But dolphies don't have gills, they have blow holes. I don't understand the porpoise of it all either.

Message 3 of 14 (278 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
189 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I don't either. I played with mine a little before it eventually became boring. Waiting .. I think around 20 minutes for the race to start to only either ..

a. get no votes

b. lose

c. disconnect

Obviously there was other options but those 3 happened to me the most. It was irritating and not really worth the hassle. My dolphy looks awesome with just a bow. No need for sparkly stuff.

he might be dead.. I haven't visited my dolphy space in about a year. lol

(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 4 of 14 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 9, 2012
...what the frick is a "dolphy"? Smiley Indifferent

(Pure sarcasm intended)
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 14 (242 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Probably out of sheer boredom. I never got involved with that Dolphy stuff.

What's funny is certain "gangs" on Home hijacked it, even. I guess to them it's like the Mafia and the Horse Racing Derby. 

Message 6 of 14 (238 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Maybe they do it for fun?? I dunno just a crazy idea I had Smiley Very Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 7 of 14 (168 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Home has lots of new users. One only need look at the forum to see how many new people we have here. The Dolphy Room and the public space are one of the best values when it comes to a long term fun investment. 

Racing is not only fun but the space is a great place to socialize. I would suggest it's a good thing the space is still busy given the way things go here these days it might then be a candidate for removal.

I used to visit my dolphins daily even though I wasn't racing them expecially when I was still doing Aurora. I've lately stopped doing that and I'm sure they aren't very happy at the moment. 

Message 8 of 14 (166 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Above post by Jo explains why new traffic hits old spaces very well!

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 9 of 14 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Nov 9, 2012

chewbacca_drums.jpg

Message 10 of 14 (147 Views)