Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: Why a case can be made that Sony has given up on Home.

Jan 29, 2013

Phantom_Outlaws wrote:

@KingOfHearts2007,

many people complained that Home didn't have enough games. Home is what we make it, given the choice to play games or not. so no one is forced to play any of the games. i'm not a big social person when it comes to online games, i enjoy Home in different ways for different reasons. so, i like having a choice. i can play games on Home if i choose, or use Home as a social network.

what's killing some of the games on Home is that they can be so buggy that they become unbearable to play. i was excited about Mercia, but it was so buggy that i lost interest...quickly.

i use to play a game on Xbox 360 called Phantasy Star Universe, which was also on PS2, in the beginning Sega seemed to be gung ho about support it with new content and updates. japan was always months ahead of USA in new weapons, outfits, etc. after a few years and tons of complaints, Sega pretty much stopped supporting it and let the US end handle the content and events. the events were horrible and "new" weapons were reskins of weapons we already owned.

i am honestly in shock that Home continue to get new updates, games, and content. so, from what i can tell with my own eyes, Home seems to be doing just fine. i can't predict the future of Home, i'm not even gonna try...right now for what it is, i still enjoy it.

depending on what each individual expects from Home and Sony, you're either gonna be disappointed or satisfied with what Home has to offer. being that Home is a social network with avatars and with me being on Home since 2009, it's amazing to me that we get anything at all. am i happy with everything about Sony and Home, no, but i am also not gonna panic about it's future...i have no control over what Sony does, but i do have control over my wallet. if one is seriously unhappy with Sony and Home, stop supporting them. reality is, Sony is never gonna please everyone, no company can do that. but i do understand and support people who voice their opinions, concerns, and some complaints (some people live to complain, but that's their right). i do agree 100% sony needs to make Home's network stable, but that's a pipe dream.

HearItWow and Joanna, thank you two for being the voice of reason, at least to me.  

Did you read anything I said?  Here let me help...

"I my self don't have a problem with games if they are done right."

Yep that was in my last post.  But Home is a social network and there for they should invest more on ways to make friends and do things with friends and not just play lame games just to get rewards.  Out of all the games Home has Xi had to be the best but then came Xi-2 and it was no fun at all.  The Snowcash game was the main game in the Xi-2 not to many people liked it but many played it?  Why?  To win rewards and when the rewards where not that good all they could do is compline about it.

As for "predict the future of Home" It seems to me that your new to PSN.  Stay with Home for a bit longer and you will start to see the truth of how bad Home is really doing.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 71 of 77 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
You need to read more critically. Smiley Happy

And there isn't anything wrong with having games in Home. There does need to be more effort at getting them to work correctly when released and not have to continually rely on patches.

No one is expecting triple A titles on Home. Personally I perfer to socialize but there are plenty that do enjoy the games. 

Really?  Changing the subject so fast?  I did read it critically you tryed to put a spin on your post.

Ok, we will talk about games now.  I my self don't have a problem with games if they are done right.  For example the Home bowing alley.  But rewatch the video I listed.  Almost none of thoes games made it.

• Quests (did not make it)
  • Cogs (still in Home but not there)
  • action district (not loaded with games and is nothing like he said it would be)
  • Pier Park (most people liked the old CP)

Bottom line not a good update and as I said an eppic fail

Most game spaces had mini games and I really don't think they where helping the game developers promote the game that they where trying to sell.  Lets not kid our selfs here most people played these games for the unlockables.  I would love to have a game space in Home that would add to the experience of the game where people in the space own the game and would be willing to help you and or jump right into the game with you.

Now lets re-look at all these new PS3 game related spaces that we have been getting in Home.  Well this should not take long seeing how there is not that many.  Why are game developers not investing in Home any more?

I didn't change the subject and the only spin is coming from you but that's really nothing new. 
Quests are coming back by the way. Look for them. It's not like I miss them personally given most of them ran us to all the stores in the mall anyway. I can certainly live without them. And Cogs still has it's own game space although I have no idea how frequented the space is. I didn't realize that was the defining point when it came to a Home experience for you.  
And I personally don't care for the new core spaces other than Sportswalk and Pier Par. I dislike the new theater the most. They are  all over commercialized which is why I don't spend a lot of time in them. I thought the old theater was charming. I also preferred the old mall. And many people complained about the Central Plaza as I'm sure you recall. And if I'm not mistaken you were among the group calling for something new. Actually I do believe you were calling for something old – the return of the CP from the Closed Beta.
Relative to Game Companies yes that is certainly a disappointment and one of the biggest let downs which many of us spend plenty of time lamenting. I know I certainly post my requests for them each month in the Suggestion thread.

Message 72 of 77 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Phantom_Outlaws wrote:

@KingOfHearts2007,

many people complained that Home didn't have enough games. Home is what we make it, given the choice to play games or not. so no one is forced to play any of the games. i'm not a big social person when it comes to online games, i enjoy Home in different ways for different reasons. so, i like having a choice. i can play games on Home if i choose, or use Home as a social network.

what's killing some of the games on Home is that they can be so buggy that they become unbearable to play. i was excited about Mercia, but it was so buggy that i lost interest...quickly.

i use to play a game on Xbox 360 called Phantasy Star Universe, which was also on PS2, in the beginning Sega seemed to be gung ho about support it with new content and updates. japan was always months ahead of USA in new weapons, outfits, etc. after a few years and tons of complaints, Sega pretty much stopped supporting it and let the US end handle the content and events. the events were horrible and "new" weapons were reskins of weapons we already owned.

i am honestly in shock that Home continue to get new updates, games, and content. so, from what i can tell with my own eyes, Home seems to be doing just fine. i can't predict the future of Home, i'm not even gonna try...right now for what it is, i still enjoy it.

depending on what each individual expects from Home and Sony, you're either gonna be disappointed or satisfied with what Home has to offer. being that Home is a social network with avatars and with me being on Home since 2009, it's amazing to me that we get anything at all. am i happy with everything about Sony and Home, no, but i am also not gonna panic about it's future...i have no control over what Sony does, but i do have control over my wallet. if one is seriously unhappy with Sony and Home, stop supporting them. reality is, Sony is never gonna please everyone, no company can do that. but i do understand and support people who voice their opinions, concerns, and some complaints (some people live to complain, but that's their right). i do agree 100% sony needs to make Home's network stable, but that's a pipe dream.

HearItWow and Joanna, thank you two for being the voice of reason, at least to me.  

One needs to look at those who never have anything good to say. I think we know who they are. You really have to wonder why they use Home given they never seem to find anything good to say about it.

Home has it's issues. It's far from perfect. We're here to let management know how we feel and that's just what many of us do. There are two sides of the coin however – both good and bad and management should here both. 

Message 73 of 77 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
    I didn't change the subject and the only spin is coming from you but that's really nothing new. 
Quests are coming back by the way. Look for them. It's not like I miss them personally given most of them ran us to all the stores in the mall anyway. I can certainly live without them. And Cogs still has it's own game space although I have no idea how frequented the space is. I didn't realize that was the defining point when it came to a Home experience for you.  
And I personally don't care for the new core spaces other than Sportswalk and Pier Par. I dislike the new theater the most. They are  all over commercialized which is why I don't spend a lot of time in them. I thought the old theater was charming. And many people complained about the old CP as I'm sure you recall. And if I'm not mistaken you were among the group calling for something new. Actually I do believe you were calling for something old – the return of the CP from the Closed Beta.
Relative to Game Companies yes that is certainly a disappointment and one of the biggest let downs which many of us spend plenty of time lamenting. I know I certainly post my requests for them each month in the Suggestion thread.

You didn't change the subject?  Ok so what your telling us is that you never go on other servers that have Sony made items and talk about them on this BBS?  Your saying that we don't need Sony made items and yet you do talk about how you like them when your on other servers.  Why don't you clear this up for us?  It seems like your trying to have it both ways and sound like an hypocrite.

As for Quests comeing back.

1. I'll believe it when I see it
  2. I was saying the update was an epic fail and your saying "It's not like I miss them"

So your just backing up what I've been saying from the start.

"And Cogs still has it's own game space"

Yep, re-read my post and you will see I said the same thing.

GAPHome

General

Message 74 of 77 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
You didn't change the subject?  Ok so what your telling us is that you never go on other servers that have Sony made items and talk about them on this BBS?  Your saying that we don't need Sony made items and yet you do talk about how you like them when your on other servers.  Why don't you clear this up for us?  It seems like your trying to have it both ways and sound like an hypocrite.

Name calling isn't permitted. Sorry but it just makes you look foolish and expecting a response is really something I prefer not to do if you can't conduct yourself appropriately. I think many of us here understand your style.

I'll let the readers here decide for themselves what I have had to say. it's not like I don't post here that much.

Message 75 of 77 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
Name calling isn't permitted. Sorry but it just makes you look foolish and expecting a response is really something I prefer not to do if you can't conduct yourself appropriately. I think many of us here understand your style.

I'll let the readers here decide for themselves what I have had to say. it's not like I don't post here that much.

You might want to look up what name calling is.  All I'm doing is calling you a Hypocrite

1. a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

If your not one I'll take it back but you have to tell us how I'm wrong.

GAPHome

General

Message 76 of 77 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
2673 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Hi there!

Since this thread has degenerated into its current state of personal attacks, and has drifted from its original topic, we'll be closing it.  For reference, it is best to be as constructive as possible in your discussions in order to avoid having a thread closed or removed.

Thanks!

Message 77 of 77 (109 Views)