Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007
Well I am very excited for it.  I know some people aren't and they have that right to not care.
phillies world series 2008
Message 31 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Sep 17, 2007

-Nugs- wrote:
the concept of HOME is to meet with your friends and chat, then launch straight into games with them. well thats the plan anyways. i dont need to read throught the "sims" spam

Exactly!!!!!  The point of home is so all the pimple covered geeks can feel like the rest of us "NORMAL" people.  We go hang out at real bars/pool halls/ dance halls and wher ever else we all go and they never had. Now they can feel cool.

The one thing that really scares me about home is it's going to be a playground for child predators.  The internet is trouble enough I think home has the potential to be a feeding ground.
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 32 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Sep 17, 2007
No I don't mean only people that agree with my viewpoint. There are a few people on here who decided that it would be a good idea and go to all of my threads and post garbage comments that distract from the actual topic. Those are the people that I'm talking about.
Message 33 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
257 posts

Sep 17, 2007

The one thing that really scares me about home is it's going to be a playground for child predators.  The internet is trouble enough I think home has the potential to be a feeding ground.

I'm glad to see that someone else has picked up on this scare. Hopefully Sony will put in safety measures or ways that these kinds of people can get their 'console' banned off the service and not just their PSN name (like the other online service does). We'll just have to wait and see how bad it gets.

There are a few people on here who decided that it would be a good idea and go to all of my threads and post garbage comments that distract from the actual topic. Those are the people that I'm talking about.

Point taken.

Message Edited by TangeloPearl on 09-17-2007 11:59 AM

PLAYSTATION.COM
PLAYSTATION.COM
TangeloPearl Engineer by day, Gamer by night, Family man 24/7
Message 34 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2269 posts

Sep 17, 2007

eclipsed4utoo wrote:
I guess this is one way to get your post count up.  just create a new post everytime a new idea pops into that little brain of yours.

He should.  I would.   Isn't that what these boards are for? You are a retard. 

If you don't like it, change the channel.

Good post, ignore the flamers.
Andre Nickatina kidddddddddddddddddd, tell me where your sista livveeeeeeeeeeeeee
------
PS3 - $600
Resistance Fall of Man - $60
Finding out Bill Gates is in your clan - Priceless
------

Help start up a community gamer site...go to www.gamernn.com and submit how you would like to contribute to an Open-Network of game reviews, game videos, gamer blogs, and tournaments. Gamer News Network : www.gamernn.com and also www.PS3nn.com (redirect to Gamer News Network)
Message 35 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

Sep 17, 2007

Sandweezy wrote:

eclipsed4utoo wrote:
I guess this is one way to get your post count up.  just create a new post everytime a new idea pops into that little brain of yours.

He should.  I would.   Isn't that what these boards are for? You are a retard. 

If you don't like it, change the channel.

Good post, ignore the flamers.

Obviously you did not see how he posted once his "cut and paste" thoughts, and then took that exact post and broke it up into 4 seperate threads.
PSN ID: BIGSLAM123

Gotta Catch Em All!! PS3 PSP XBOX360 Wii DS Lite GBA Owner
Message 36 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1127 posts

Sep 17, 2007

deniled wrote:
I don't know why some dont understand the concept either man LOL. It is truly funny to see a forum thread titled "meet ps3 owners in your area", or "leave your PSN ID: ADD ME PLEASE". All this will vanish, or should vanish when Home is released. I for one think it will be great for the community as long as it works right. If I do not have alot of a certain type of friend to play this certain type of game on. Maybe I can go into Home and look for those people or have a easier time finding them then posting on some message board hoping they add me as a friend. I think its a clever idea, and again for the people who dont like this idea you do not need to use Home its certainly an option for you.

Those threads still exist on xbox forums it called prime time programming, I don't think that they will go anywhere.
But as far as finding friends for certain types of games the best way for that is to play the game in question on line.
You will meet people there to play the game with, and you can add them to your friends list.
Message 37 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Sep 17, 2007
Sony has already stated they will ban griefers and trouble makers. And they could ban PSN ID, MAC address, or console serial #s.

I dont see some 14yo punk buying 600$ machines every time they get punted. And with more rigorous checking of PSN information to stop accounts with false names and addresses, if there are any pervs who think Home will be their new playground, they will get a mighty rude awakening when the cops kick in their doors.
Message 38 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Sep 17, 2007
Im pretty stoked for HOME , but im going to assume that the screaming 9 year olds will still be there as well as LIVE. Of all the games ive played over the years, be it MMO, LIVE or any on the PSN there are always screaming 9 year olds. HOPEFULLY there will just be an easy ignore feature like many MMO have.
I am at the point where I expect it now a days.

Message Edited by Guyver13 on 09-17-2007 11:28 AM
Message 39 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Sep 17, 2007
Actually home can very cool. I "play" SL and THERE and I have made new friends from those services. Not just "online friends" but they are true friends that I have visited and keep in contact with. Much like some people when they join a guild or gaming group.

I would hope HOME would be the same. Its way of having a visual self inside a facless game world. If you look at it as a service, it makes perfect sense. If you look at it as a game, then your not going to see the value add (IMHO).
Message 40 of 42 (1 View)
0 Likes