Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 03/22/2007
Offline
807 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007


T_Viral_23 wrote:
Home is absolutely going to kill the other consoles online network. For the people who see no reason to use it if you don't want to use it then don't and leave everyone alone with your stupid whining about how it is lame and sucks. If you don't like it don't use it. Now back to what I was saying. There are many times when I am on the other console and I want to play a game but no one is online. It sucks to play by yourself or jump into random rooms of stupid yelling, screaming, singing 8 yr olds. This is one of those times when Home comes in handy. You see it's not that you don't feel like playing a game. That's probably the reason why you are on the console in the first place but you also don't want to play by yourself and in my case a lot of the times I don't feel like playing any other games either. Why? Simple, because it's the reason why I got on the particular game that I am on in the first place. Again this is when Home comes in handy. You can have fun chillin, meeting new people, and chatting. One big thing that I don't understand about people is why they don't see the unbelievably huge potential that Home possesses. It's MySpace meets Youtube. Youtube I enjoy, MySpace I never really understood but apparently a lot of people do. Either way the main point is socializing. Yep that's right just plain old talking to other people. It's what you spend a huge majority of your life doing and people love to do it. Why does that surprise you (Yes you the person that doesn't understand why people are so crazy about Home) it's because you are a complete Moron that's why. It's not a hard concept to understand. The same way you talk on the phone, reply to messages on this forum, chat on instant messenger, text on your phone, etc it's all communications in its many forms. Home is in the best form of all VIRTUAL. You can see hear and simply communicate with other people who have similiar interests as you.


HAHA , that's funny. I see Home being an upgraded verison of the Sims with very little killer app value. Plus it's not a network , it runs on the network. I'll keep paying $50 for something that offers more then walking around a virtual world talking to people I  do not know about what we hope to be doing with our PS3s inthe future. The 360 could have Home but there is no time for it as there are too many games to play





Message 10 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/19/2005
Offline
1128 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007


eclipsed4utoo wrote:


BigSlam1234 wrote:


eclipsed4utoo wrote:


BigSlam1234 wrote:
I understand it, that is why I don't plan on using it. It's not exactly revolutionary. It's the Sims Online, that allows you to play games with other users. Wow! (sarcasm)


You obviously don't understand it if you relate it to the Sims.

I still don't understand why people complain about something that is FREE.  If we had to pay $60, then yeah, complain all you want.  but damn, it's **bleep**ing FREE.


Message Edited by eclipsed4utoo on 09-17-2007 09:50 AM

I was not complaining, just stating my opinion. As far as me understanding, I am willing to listen to why it is more revolutionary than the Sims. enlighten me and maybe you will convert me.


It isn't my job to convert anybody.  You have your opinions.  You draw your opinions without ever touching the software.  Seems to me like you already have your mind made up.  I'll let you miss out.


See, there is where you are wrong. I have touched the software. Have you? A friend is a beta tester and I have sampled it on his PS3. Granted it is beta, but I stand by my Sims comparison. You walk around talking and interacting with other users. How does that differ from the Sims Online? Whoopee, you get to play games against others online, throgh Home. I am pretty sure we have that capability now, without home.
PSN ID: BIGSLAM123


Gotta Catch Em All!! PS3 PSP XBOX360 Wii DS Lite GBA Owner
Message 11 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/05/2006
Offline
607 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007
ha im surprised this hasn't been locked yet . but ya one thing i hate about what people say about Home is how it's the rival to Live. how the hell can it be the rival of Live?? Live is just an online service. Home is an online 3D interactive community! people are **bleep**ing retarded.
Message 12 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 08/16/2007
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007
Yes but later you will be able to share music video and picture files through home because every gamer will be able to have his own home where he can place furniture tvs mp3 players and other things and guys seriously now we are all sony fanboys why we should argue with each other we shall be united what are we some fricken nerds or something to argue for gaming even if we have the same system come on peace shall we have
Message 13 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/29/2007
Offline
879 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007


all3aregreat wrote:


T_Viral_23 wrote:
Home is absolutely going to kill the other consoles online network. For the people who see no reason to use it if you don't want to use it then don't and leave everyone alone with your stupid whining about how it is lame and sucks. If you don't like it don't use it. Now back to what I was saying. There are many times when I am on the other console and I want to play a game but no one is online. It sucks to play by yourself or jump into random rooms of stupid yelling, screaming, singing 8 yr olds. This is one of those times when Home comes in handy. You see it's not that you don't feel like playing a game. That's probably the reason why you are on the console in the first place but you also don't want to play by yourself and in my case a lot of the times I don't feel like playing any other games either. Why? Simple, because it's the reason why I got on the particular game that I am on in the first place. Again this is when Home comes in handy. You can have fun chillin, meeting new people, and chatting. One big thing that I don't understand about people is why they don't see the unbelievably huge potential that Home possesses. It's MySpace meets Youtube. Youtube I enjoy, MySpace I never really understood but apparently a lot of people do. Either way the main point is socializing. Yep that's right just plain old talking to other people. It's what you spend a huge majority of your life doing and people love to do it. Why does that surprise you (Yes you the person that doesn't understand why people are so crazy about Home) it's because you are a complete Moron that's why. It's not a hard concept to understand. The same way you talk on the phone, reply to messages on this forum, chat on instant messenger, text on your phone, etc it's all communications in its many forms. Home is in the best form of all VIRTUAL. You can see hear and simply communicate with other people who have similiar interests as you.


HAHA , that's funny. I see Home being an upgraded verison of the Sims with very little killer app value. Plus it's not a network , it runs on the network. I'll keep paying $50 for something that offers more then walking around a virtual world talking to people I  do not know about what we hope to be doing with our PS3s inthe future. The 360 could have Home but there is no time for it as there are too many games to play


The fanboyism continues. 
Message 14 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/11/2006
Offline
721 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007
Home is like The Sims....
If when you got into your car, it loaded GT.
If when you went to the gym, it loaded Fight Night, or Virtua Tennis.
If when you went to the airport, it loaded Ace Combat.
If when you went to the ice rink, it loaded NHL 08.

Getting the picture? The titles will change, but Home will always be the glue that can bind them together in a way that reflects real life, instead of navigating menus all day.
Message 15 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/29/2007
Offline
879 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007


Callanca wrote:
Home is like The Sims....
If when you got into your car, it loaded GT.
If when you went to the gym, it loaded Fight Night, or Virtua Tennis.
If when you went to the airport, it loaded Ace Combat.
If when you went to the ice rink, it loaded NHL 08.

Getting the picture? The titles will change, but Home will always be the glue that can bind them together in a way that reflects real life, instead of navigating menus all day.

Amazing! Isn't it funny how people will complain about something they know little about.  The thing is free too!
Message 16 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/24/2006
Offline
2597 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007


T_Viral_23 wrote:
Home is absolutely going to kill the other consoles online network. For the people who see no reason to use it if you don't want to use it then don't and leave everyone alone with your stupid whining about how it is lame and sucks. If you don't like it don't use it. Now back to what I was saying. There are many times when I am on the other console and I want to play a game but no one is online. It sucks to play by yourself or jump into random rooms of stupid yelling, screaming, singing 8 yr olds. This is one of those times when Home comes in handy. You see it's not that you don't feel like playing a game. That's probably the reason why you are on the console in the first place but you also don't want to play by yourself and in my case a lot of the times I don't feel like playing any other games either. Why? Simple, because it's the reason why I got on the particular game that I am on in the first place. Again this is when Home comes in handy. You can have fun chillin, meeting new people, and chatting. One big thing that I don't understand about people is why they don't see the unbelievably huge potential that Home possesses. It's MySpace meets Youtube. Youtube I enjoy, MySpace I never really understood but apparently a lot of people do. Either way the main point is socializing. Yep that's right just plain old talking to other people. It's what you spend a huge majority of your life doing and people love to do it. Why does that surprise you (Yes you the person that doesn't understand why people are so crazy about Home) it's because you are a complete Moron that's why. It's not a hard concept to understand. The same way you talk on the phone, reply to messages on this forum, chat on instant messenger, text on your phone, etc it's all communications in its many forms. Home is in the best form of all VIRTUAL. You can see hear and simply communicate with other people who have similiar interests as you.


Troll.
Message 17 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/07/2003
Offline
1655 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007


eclipsed4utoo wrote:


BigSlam1234 wrote:


eclipsed4utoo wrote:


BigSlam1234 wrote:
I understand it, that is why I don't plan on using it. It's not exactly revolutionary. It's the Sims Online, that allows you to play games with other users. Wow! (sarcasm)


You obviously don't understand it if you relate it to the Sims.

I still don't understand why people complain about something that is FREE.  If we had to pay $60, then yeah, complain all you want.  but damn, it's **bleep**ing FREE.


Message Edited by eclipsed4utoo on 09-17-2007 09:50 AM

I was not complaining, just stating my opinion. As far as me understanding, I am willing to listen to why it is more revolutionary than the Sims. enlighten me and maybe you will convert me.


It isn't my job to convert anybody.  You have your opinions.  You draw your opinions without ever touching the software.  Seems to me like you already have your mind made up.  I'll let you miss out.



YES! well put!
Message 18 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/20/2005
Offline
524 posts
 

Re: Why Don't Some People Understand The Concept of Home?

Sep 17, 2007


T_Viral_23 wrote:
Home is absolutely going to kill the other consoles online network. For the people who see no reason to use it. If you don't like it don't use it. Now back to what I was saying. There are many times when I am on the other console and I want to play a game but no one is online. It sucks to play by yourself or jump into random rooms of stupid yelling, screaming, singing 8 yr olds. This is one of those times when Home comes in handy. You see it's not that you don't feel like playing a game. That's probably the reason why you are on the console in the first place but you also don't want to play by yourself and in my case a lot of the times I don't feel like playing any other games either. Why? Simple, because it's the reason why I got on the particular game that I am on in the first place. Again this is when Home comes in handy. You can have fun chillin, meeting new people, and chatting. One big thing that I don't understand about people is why they don't see the unbelievably huge potential that Home possesses. It's MySpace meets Youtube. Youtube I enjoy, MySpace I never really understood but apparently a lot of people do. Either way the main point is socializing. Yep that's right just plain old talking to other people. It's what you spend a huge majority of your life doing and people love to do it. Why does that surprise you (Yes you the person that doesn't understand why people are so crazy about Home) it's because you are a complete Moron that's why. It's not a hard concept to understand. The same way you talk on the phone, reply to messages on this forum, chat on instant messenger, text on your phone, etc it's all communications in its many forms. Home is in the best form of all VIRTUAL. You can see hear and simply communicate with other people who have similiar interests as you.


Message Edited by T_Viral_23 on 09-17-2007 07:44 AM


First and foremost, learn to use paragraphs. Second, home isnt really as "awesome" as you might think. Those that are hyping it are in for a rude awakening.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 20 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes