Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Re: Who is tired of Playstation Home maintenance

Apr 18, 2013

I know maintenance is a must for them  but I also can understand the ops frustration. Monday the network went down for 10 hours and then some hours later the routine maintenance happened which was another few hours. I know its needed and why they do it but to me it seems they only focus adding more items be it in home stores or the PSN store. The stability part seems as a second thought. I get it that Sony and the other companies need to make money and I say go for it make all they can but when one buys things but can't use them it can make the frustration unbearable at time. Right now I have tried and tried to get on to home but I keep getting booted with m10 m16 error. I wish we could go one week without adding new items to home or the store and focus solely on users able to log in to home and the network and being able to actually stay on the network. 

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 21 of 32 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Maintenance is like road construction. how many times you run into those and have to sit in traffic and waste your gas? Thats how i feel about maintenance. Its like a road block. But Sont doesnt charge taxes on items here. If i saw tax added ill be **bleep**!

Message 22 of 32 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Personally, I like weekly maintenance, they get a set day to remove the stuff they messed up on the week before,lol

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 23 of 32 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Why Would You Be Against Maintenance¿¿¿
Message 24 of 32 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Apr 18, 2013

stevedann19 wrote:

I decided to move my question here..Im tired of it. Its almost everyday or everyweek they have some sort of maintenance. I say Once a month they can use maintenance updates. Comon i paid for my items here. I say enough of maintenance work!  

So let me take a moment and explain the maintenance windows of Home and for PSN itself. 

First of all, there is a difference between the two. Monday's extended maintenance was on PSN itself – the entire PlayStation network, whereas most of Home's weekly schedule maintenance windows, which are usually very consistent, are mostly to publish new content to Home. Whenever possible, we try to get the larger Home platform updates to align with the regularly scheduled content updates (generally called "maintenance"), so that there is a little to no additional downtime. Fortunately, the Home platform itself doens't get updated too often, but with the most recent one (version 1.80), it brought with it the ability update many things without having to take Home offline. Granted, we will still have to have weekly Home offline periods for new content publishes, but new features and functionality will not necessarily have to require the same thing.

We know everyone wants access all the time, but occasionally there needs to be downtime to improve the platform and to bring new goodies to the world.

Message 25 of 32 (192 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

al2009man wrote:

off-topic, THIS GUY KNOWS MY IP AND MY OPERATING SYSTEM AND BROWSER I USE!!??! check his signature!

i laughed very hard at that. Smiley Very Happy

and kudos to GW, pretty much answered everything.

Message 26 of 32 (175 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

asfghjklEU wrote:

Tarazuma wrote:

I don't like Home maintenance, but when they are actually DOING something, I know it's necessary.

What I don't like, in fact what I HATE, is that SCEE controls when Home goes down or gets updated. That leads to us having delayed update weeks, or skipped weeks entirely (like the entire new year's week) due to their holidays.

Yes I know that Home was created in SCEE and they do the coding, ect ect, but I think each region should at least be able to individually control when they do a mall content update.

So you want 3 individual maintenance? Sorry but I'll stick with 1. 

Sorry but every maintenance always starts at the same time to every region. same for PSN/SEN's

like SCEE note a new maintenance, while other wonder if that gonna effect on SCEA? later official SCEA Rep announce a same maintenance. Now look.

US: 8:00AM PT

UK: 14.00PM BST

Now with UK/Ireland's Time im going to convert the time to US

14:00:00

06:00:00

ALMOST THE SAME TIME

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 27 of 32 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I for one don't mind the maintenance. I take it as a good sign that they are working to fix issues.

Message 28 of 32 (99 Views)
Sackboy
427 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Well i dont mind if Sony puts maintenance 9AM EST 6AM PST. cause everybody is at work and the kids are in school. 

Message 29 of 32 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

stevedann19 wrote:

Well i dont mind if Sony puts maintenance 9AM EST 6AM PST. cause everybody is at work and the kids are in school. 

I think 4 or 6am EDT is much better than just 9AM and ends at like 7pm or less. but thats for future maintenance

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 30 of 32 (78 Views)
0 Likes