Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Re: Who Really Runs Home - Who Has the Real Power?

Nov 5, 2013

HOPPER_34 wrote:

This is actually an interesting question. Considering the platform is based in the EU, I wonder if you would get a specific answer on their forums? I doubt it, but you never know. Unfortunately, I feel pretty certain that you will never get an answer from a "Sony official" on these forums. NA is simply the money-making region of an EU based platform. I'm guessing details about ownership, management hierarchy or whatever else you might call it, are convoluted for a reason. For one, it keeps any one person out of the public crosshairs when it comes to failures.

Although the question is not answered, your reply is in the ballpark.. 

That's a constructive reply..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 81 of 154 (477 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013
  • Who Has the Real Power? Sony Corp.
  • Does the Community Manager? No, we cover much more than Home, but do not "run" Home.
  • Do the MODs? Same as above about CMs
  • Is it the community? Here on the forum or other forums? Indirectly, yes. Particularly if you are SCE stockholders
  • Does the DEVs run it? No, but they impact business quite a bit
  • Is it beyond all the above? Somewhat.
  • I never had any say in anything to do with Home. Sure you  did, by your purchases (or lack thereof) and forum activity.
  • Names? Companies? Divisions? SCEI, ultimately.
  • Im not asking for Home board and CEOs thats well known. There's a Home Board?
  • Still who makes the decisions regarding to Home? Depends on the decision.
  • What if a Manager from McDonald's could do the same job. Unlikely, but nothing is impossible.  I don't personally know every McD's manager.
  • Im talking about who is the crew, I say that now cause its a plural........ That OWNes PSHOME? No one "owns" PlayStation Home.

If you absolutely need a single name of who is "king of the hill" for PlayStation Home: Kaz Harai, CEO of Sony Corporation.

But, like some in this thread have indicated, you might have gotten a more direct answer if you told folks why you needed to know.  As it stands, that's the best I can offer.  Sorry.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 82 of 154 (461 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 5, 2013
/thread
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 83 of 154 (454 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 5, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:
/thread

Tempest is special. Nice to have a manager interact with the community on a level like this. Thank you. 

Message 84 of 154 (430 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 5, 2013
*takes notes*
Support Forums
Message 85 of 154 (413 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:
  • Does the Community Manager? No, we cover much more than Home, but do not "run" Home.
  • Is it the community? Here on the forum or other forums? Indirectly, yes. Particularly if you are SCE stockholders
  • I never had any say in anything to do with Home. Sure you  did, by your purchases (or lack thereof) and forum activity.
  • Still who makes the decisions regarding to Home? Depends on the decision. What does that mean?
  • What if a Manager from McDonald's could do the same job. Unlikely, but nothing is impossible.  I don't personally know every McD's manager. Why not?
  • Im talking about who is the crew, I say that now cause its a plural........ That OWNes PSHOME? No one "owns" PlayStation Home.

If you absolutely need a single name of who is "king of the hill" for PlayStation Home: Kaz Harai, CEO of Sony Corporation.

But, like some in this thread have indicated, you might have gotten a more direct answer if you told folks why you needed to know.  I thought the questions I asked were direct and nobody on the Home staff wanted to answer til now.As it stands, that's the best I can offer.  Sorry.

Respect you spoke up as Manager... BTW what other tasks does the Home Manager do? Since you brought that up..

Message 86 of 154 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Your patronage does not entitle you to private information. A Corporation is not a democracy, although your patronage and the service provider's interest in marketability does afford you a forum for expression.

At the core of the OP's sentiment, it is apparent you feel unheard. It is up to question, "what is a reasonable expectation".

The only reasonable expectation with a consumer/corporate exchange is one where you receive, upon payment, the product or service advertised.

Anything beyond that is possible unreasonable.

Take care.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 87 of 154 (386 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Aeryn_James wrote:
Your patronage does not entitle you to private information. A Corporation is not a democracy, although your patronage and the service provider's interest in marketability does afford you a forum for expression.

At the core of the OP's sentiment, it is apparent you feel unheard. It is up to question, "what is a reasonable expectation".

The only reasonable expectation with a consumer/corporate exchange is one where you receive, upon payment, the product or service advertised.

Anything beyond that is possible unreasonable.

Take care.

Thats what I'd say if I was TROLLING

TC

Message 88 of 154 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

Nov 5, 2013
I stated clear facts. If that is trolling, all hope is lost.
Smiley Happy(
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 89 of 154 (375 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:
  • Still who makes the decisions regarding to Home? Depends on the decision.
  • What if a Manager from McDonald's could do the same job. Unlikely, but nothing is impossible.  I don't personally know every McD's manager.

But, like some in this thread have indicated, you might have gotten a more direct answer if you told folks why you needed to know.  As it stands, that's the best I can offer.  Sorry.

C'mon, Tempest, be honest. You're covering for the cats, and you spend half your day amusing them with feathers attached to a stick.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 90 of 154 (345 Views)