Fender Bender
2760 posts

Re: Who Really Runs Home - Who Has the Real Power?

Nov 5, 2013

@Spicey_Lollipop

You are definitely right Spicey!! Home has slowly evolved away from game content. I too believe we have lost a lot of users because of that. I think Sony viewed Home as an advertising venue for games, rather than gaming as a resource to boost Home usage. My guess is they just cut Home from their game advertising budget. I suspect they were guided by online game orders done from the Home game promo kiosks. How many people ordered Resistance 3, Dead Island, or Uncharted 3 from Home's game promo space kiosks? Most people still preordered at Best Buy, Amazon, or Gamestop.

I think this current Home Challenges thing is a research project for Sony to see if the userbase and interest will justify continuing to support Home. If we do not want Home to go away, we must use it, and encourage our other online gaming friends to join us. I wish they would bring back the Gamers Lounge, and host game preorder and release events, but is has to be cost effective for Sony.

Posted Image

Message 71 of 154 (389 Views)
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Nov 5, 2013

@LighteningEmotion

I certainly understand.

I am lucky to have a great active friends list. I feel bad, because I have been caught up in new content and rewards chasing over the past 6 months. Thus my Home online time recently, has mostly been solo gaming rather than socializing, and attending events. I need to take a break and check up on my friends before they might choose to delete me as MIA rather than send out a search party, lol. A year ago, I really hated chasing down those Digital Leisure goldfish bowl rewards. BUt, the fishbowl visit requirements really served a great purpose. Through large group efforts, and traveling group fishbowl visits, we shared the pain. I made a lot of good new friends through that effort. I hope these Home challenges will help bring more users together. Bowling is certainly a good venue for that. Hope to see you "in world".

Posted Image

Message 72 of 154 (379 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Well I can guaran **bleep** tee you that if Home NA brought back game content on a wide scale or at least the scale it was pre Hub days we would not even be wondering if Home was going to last. It would boost this service automatically in terms of users. Gamers dont want third party butlers and mansions they want game items from their favorite games. Bring back game content on a wide scale at least like EU does and we can get some more users and revenue flowing. (my quick opinion)
Support Forums
Message 73 of 154 (373 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:

jimmynet jawed:

Does the Community Manager?

Do the MODs?

Is it the community? Here on the forum or other forums?

Does the DEVs run it?

Is it beyond all the above?

Im curious who, a name or title that actually runs it..?

:^/ I'm curious why you want to know.

Also, please don't make the mistake that anything entitles you to an answer more specific than "The Sony Corporation." You aren't. Our status as customers doesn't trump the individual managers', produces' and directors' rights to privacy.

I'd venture to guess that your best way to reach them with whatever message you may wish to share with them would be to send a paper letter to "Directors of Home, c/o Sony Corporation, etc." followed by Sony's business address. That'll let whoever handles Sony's mail know where to deliver it.

:^{ But from your tone, you're starting to come across as a uni-bomber sort of guy, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned even that.

Why? I'll tell you why... Cause I want to know and thats about it... And your a LOVELY person, and thats all I have to say about that.........

BTW nobody has any comment from Sony, thus a bunch of threads asking questions...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 74 of 154 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 5, 2013

ITCOB1 wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

SCE stated years ago that Sony would create the platform and be responsible for it's maintenance, functionality and security of PlayStation Home. The had said, way before Home was released, that they would rely on third party Developers to create the content that would help pay for this service. 

This is akin to a big company creating and building a shopping mall while allowing individual companies to open their own store within the building. The big company will provide the maintenance and security of the mall while the individual companies will provide the income.

The Managers have little to no say in what content is made available in Home. That is not part of their job description.

That's it. 

Well stated Conrad. Attention OP, this is the correct answer you were seeking.

Again still there's no names..... did you read the OP?

Message 75 of 154 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Well I can guaran **bleep** tee you that if Home NA brought back game content on a wide scale or at least the scale it was pre Hub days we would not even be wondering if Home was going to last. It would boost this service automatically in terms of users. Gamers dont want third party butlers and mansions they want game items from their favorite games. Bring back game content on a wide scale at least like EU does and we can get some more users and revenue flowing. (my quick opinion)

Hey, I had an idea. We have all seen the effect of social media on decision making. Perhaps someone on Home/Home Forums is in a professional situation with the spare time to organize a "Save Home" or "Bring Back Home Gaming Content" campaign. If we can get this to hit the nightly news or a talk show, lol, we might just win this battle. HEADLINE " PS3 gamers unite worldwide"--"In todays news, we have a crazy story............", or in other news today "Organizers have announced the Million User Home March. Today a million user protest was announced in Sony's virtual world known as Home"

So, who out there is in advertising, marketing or PR???

Posted Image

Message 76 of 154 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Nov 5, 2013
Oh well names... Thats a different story. Divisions is one thing but to hand out Sony employees names here probably wouldnt make the mods very happy.
Support Forums
Message 77 of 154 (360 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Oh well names... That's a different story. Divisions is one thing but to hand out Sony employees names here probably wouldn't make the mods very happy.

LMAO, Ummm Jack

There's so many names already out there... Why do the PPL that run Home hide?

Managers are a dime a dozen.. Does that title fit with what you do?  What if a Manager from McDonald's could do the same job...

Im talking about who is the crew, I say that now cause its a plural........ That OWNes PSHOME?

I pretty much know who all the names are from PSHome staff to MODs...

Message 78 of 154 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 5, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

Off topic.. MODs remove..

If you cant share Info that contributes to the OP then dont post.. Simple, yes....

Message 79 of 154 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

This is actually an interesting question. Considering the platform is based in the EU, I wonder if you would get a specific answer on their forums? I doubt it, but you never know. Unfortunately, I feel pretty certain that you will never get an answer from a "Sony official" on these forums. NA is simply the money-making region of an EU based platform. I'm guessing details about ownership, management hierarchy or whatever else you might call it, are convoluted for a reason. For one, it keeps any one person out of the public crosshairs when it comes to failures.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 80 of 154 (310 Views)