Splicer
33 posts

Re: Who Really Runs Home - Who Has the Real Power?

Nov 5, 2013
You're all wrong. The fams run Home! Smiley LOL
Message 91 of 154 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

Nov 5, 2013
My PS3 runs home. I hope my PS4 can pitch in.

Smiley Tongue

_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 92 of 154 (336 Views)
Wastelander
195 posts

Nov 6, 2013

HIW, feather sticks are passe!  they have moved on to the red laser pointers and catnip pizzas from RoundTable.

Frankly, I don't care WHO makes the final decisions about the operation of Home in the PS3.  Even prostrating myself in front of their BMW would not have any affect on bottom-line based business decisions.  All I can do - all any of us can do - is make constructive suggestions in this Forum and hope they will be considered in the decision making process.  And if we don't like the way they run the store, we don't go in the door.

I cannot go to McDonald's headquarters and demand they change their menu to vegetarian.  All I can do is just not eat there (I'm a vegetarian, obviously).  Same with Sony:  I cannot demand that they move Home to the PS4.  All I can do is say, it it is NOT there, I won't buy one.

Message 93 of 154 (313 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

Nov 6, 2013
I make no demands, outside of standard commerce practice. If I dislike the experience or product, devaluation and and divestment potentially occur.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 94 of 154 (308 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 6, 2013

The OP was:

Who Really Runs Home - Who Has the Real Power?

Does the Community Manager?

Do the MODs?

Is it the community? Here on the forum or other forums?

Does the DEVs run it?

Is it beyond all the above?

Im curious who, a name or title that actually runs it..?

If you derail off the toptc then thats on you......

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 95 of 154 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 6, 2013
Tempest already told you.

If you absolutely need a single name of who is "king of the hill" for PlayStation Home: Kaz Harai, CEO of Sony Corporation.
Message 96 of 154 (278 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 6, 2013
And honestly i didn't think this thread would ever get an official answer, and for that, i can kudo.
Message 97 of 154 (274 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Nov 6, 2013

ITCOB1, I agree Sony viewed Home as an advertising venue for games back in early days and a lot the big game developers had support home but I think why a lot big game developers leave home was due to fact of weekly update and they had to compete with all these new items from smaller developers of home. I did like them game’s promo kiosks and events what went along with it and the best one I loved the most was killzone 3. Yes I did pre order them threw the game kiosks because it save me time going out to shop. But a lot these kiosks were link to Amazon if I remember right. The killzone 3 and dead island exclusive in game rewards like weapon Exploding Meat and multiplayer RetroMapPack for game this brought gamers onto home to get these rewards.I would love Gamers Lounge to come back as well because it was good way to meet people.  

Message 98 of 154 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3165 posts

Nov 6, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:
  • Who Has the Real Power? Sony Corp.
  • Does the Community Manager? No, we cover much more than Home, but do not "run" Home.
  • Do the MODs? Same as above about CMs
  • Is it the community? Here on the forum or other forums? Indirectly, yes. Particularly if you are SCE stockholders
  • Does the DEVs run it? No, but they impact business quite a bit
  • Is it beyond all the above? Somewhat.
  • I never had any say in anything to do with Home. Sure you  did, by your purchases (or lack thereof) and forum activity.
  • Names? Companies? Divisions? SCEI, ultimately.
  • Im not asking for Home board and CEOs thats well known. There's a Home Board?
  • Still who makes the decisions regarding to Home? Depends on the decision.
  • What if a Manager from McDonald's could do the same job. Unlikely, but nothing is impossible.  I don't personally know every McD's manager.
  • Im talking about who is the crew, I say that now cause its a plural........ That OWNes PSHOME? No one "owns" PlayStation Home.

If you absolutely need a single name of who is "king of the hill" for PlayStation Home: Kaz Harai, CEO of Sony Corporation.

But, like some in this thread have indicated, you might have gotten a more direct answer if you told folks why you needed to know.  As it stands, that's the best I can offer.  Sorry.

Thank you Mr. Tempest_fire, And Jimmynet, Some of those questions I have been trying to figure out for almost 7 years... you just enlightened my night... 

@Spicey_Lollipop  You wrote "However home wasn’t about that in early days. I understand sony and third party dev have make money. However it became the main focas now on home were in early days and first 2 years it wasn’t as bad as it now." ...and  "sometimes I feel people forget the one reason home came about and that it is a community to meet people and hang out and not be judge what one wear."

I agree, it has become about over head... and it has become one of the most horrible fashion shows I have ever seen... Yet They were planning this type of buisness in early days... they wanted all of us to love it so they could charge us... yet on the other hand, from what I know the original makers were going broke so to speak... I feel bad for them, yet I also do not agree with some of the buisness tactic's used in the past 5 years or so... 

Bringing Gamers Together is the best part of HOME... dollar signs seem to get in the way sometimes... 

There is a constant problem in HOME devs not always fixing things... I fear you are right there... I think they get cought up in cost over production and figure we will all forget about it when they come out with something new... or simply that it can't be fixed (and if its the latter, it would be more polite for them just to say so so we dont feel cheated out of money spent yet then they might have to send refunds, and I bet they are like BL2's Marcus when it comes to refunds lol)

Also quality over Quantity should be looked at a bit more closely for future things like  PS HOME... (we are all questioning if HOME will be around much longer or so that is the impression I am getting as of late)

I do have to say that the Challenges is a great additon to HOME... It beings back a little of the feel of  stuff like Xi... trying to sign in everyday to do something game related in PS HOME... plus sparks up a bit of convo too... (except if your Conrad in the bowling ally lol Heya @ Conrad Max, Angels and Demons club visited the alley you were in and many of us said hi, you must not have had your Chat on lol)

@ ITCOB1 LMAO @"Save Home" or "Bring Back Home Gaming Content" campaign. HEADLINE " PS3 gamers unite worldwide"--"In todays news, we have a crazy story............", or in other news today "Organizers have announced the Million User Home March. Today a million user protest was announced in Sony's virtual world known as Home" 

All I can see in my brain right now is "Vive la Resistance" lol 

Yet sometimes I find a new game that is cool or something that does not nickle or dime me to death... Like the new Challenges... they give me a reason to revisit some of the games I was playing in 09 and also check out ones I might have missed (well I didn't miss much untill about 6 months ago and boy did a lot change...  I love the added features and the security fixes... (Getting Spammed in a Space is now a thing of the Past... Thank you who ever or what ever team fixed that... I am forever (as long as home is open) in your Debt... ) 

HearItWow "C'mon, Tempest, be honest. You're covering for the cats, and you spend half your day amusing them with feathers attached to a stick."   Fat lazy cats no doubt lol 

Ya I have not spent money in HOME in a very very long time... yet I can tell you that I have spent a few thousand in my time here, and Most of that Game related... so if they want me to spend more, Stepping up the game is a good idea... I am all for supporting a Gamers Network with Games I like to play with my friends... I am not interested in funding some valley girl or boys Fashion Show...

(some game related fashion is ok, yet we all know HOME went way over board and stepped into the twilight zone a bit...) 

My Friends and I will still game together even if HOME fades away, yet I would like to see it back in the game... full force... 

Sadly like Tempest said we have pushed HOME in this Direction -- "Sure you  did, by your purchases (or lack thereof) and forum activity."( man,  I hate saying I told you so, yet I so totally called half of what was dicussed in this thread as far back as 5 years ago) (also I say "we" losely, because I do not like the shopping trend HOME went in, yet Even I have bought stuff I should have thought twice about...) Thats why I have not paid for one item from HOME since E3... and even then I only bought one 99 cent item that I wanted 2 years before that was to over priced at the time it came out... and before that I bought nothing for months too... 

I dont think it should be about Who Runs HOME or Who has Power over HOME...

I think It should be HOW HOME is Run and How the Power of HOME is USED... 

Photobucket
Message 99 of 154 (225 Views)
Survivor
1041 posts

Nov 6, 2013

DarthGranny wrote:

HIW, feather sticks are passe!  they have moved on to the red laser pointers and catnip pizzas from RoundTable.

Frankly, I don't care WHO makes the final decisions about the operation of Home in the PS3.  Even prostrating myself in front of their BMW would not have any affect on bottom-line based business decisions.  All I can do - all any of us can do - is make constructive suggestions in this Forum and hope they will be considered in the decision making process.  And if we don't like the way they run the store, we don't go in the door.

I cannot go to McDonald's headquarters and demand they change their menu to vegetarian.  All I can do is just not eat there (I'm a vegetarian, obviously).  Same with Sony:  I cannot demand that they move Home to the PS4.  All I can do is say, it it is NOT there, I won't buy one.

I totally agree with you, DarthGranny. What you said reminds me of one of Mark Twain's sayings.

the-world-owes-you-nothing.jpg

Message 100 of 154 (222 Views)