Fender Bender
3130 posts

Re: Who Really Runs Home - Who Has the Real Power?

Nov 20, 2013

Things Take time... Yet I do think that buggs and glitches should be fixed before a 10 dollar item is pushed out by any dev... yet on the other hand I understand that cost production and server costs along with programming problems can pose issues with these types of things... 

Photobucket
Message 141 of 154 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Nov 20, 2013
In the past we delt with errors all the time but we dealt with it cause home was great now homes down for an hour and everyones up and angry cause. Homes changed
Message 142 of 154 (173 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26660 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Patchex wrote:

Things Take time... Yet I do think that buggs and glitches should be fixed before a 10 dollar item is pushed out by any dev... 

Generally, items and games pass Quality Assurance (QA) before they are released live. The problem starts when Home has thousands, millions, logging in at the same time to experience the latest update. And there are other issues, too, that affect how the new items and games will react.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 143 of 154 (164 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Home has become the place for developers to make money from the people who use it. The major problem I have with home is things not keep maintain after you buy items. Gone is day were you could ask guide for little help on problem you may have. I think home community going get even smaller before end of next year and more things will be broken and people just won’t log on any more.  For me only thing get me jump on home now is hang with friends and I won’t be spending cent on it anymore. Home was once great tool but now it’s just way to take money from you. So who in control of home well I say us the user are and if people continue to leave then home will just become a empty spaces with just few people on there. It’s sad see home to go like this but if these developers work together I think we might see home make jump to PS4 but I know sony focus now is indie games for ps4 and not community be hide it brand.  

Message 144 of 154 (152 Views)
PlayStation MVP
122 posts

Nov 20, 2013
People boycotting purchases on home and the application itself are doing more damage to the chances of it appearing on the PlayStation 4 than they are increasing the likelihood of it being brought over. I'm not saying "go spend your entire paycheck" I'm not even insisting you buy anything, but you can't expect Sony to care about a "product" that has little to no support from its community.
And I will admit, home has taken a turn, and in some ways, not in the most favorable manor. But I will continue to show my support regardless of where it ends up, whether it be on the PS4, or just as a distant memory.
Message 145 of 154 (144 Views)
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Cursed_Plague wrote:
People boycotting purchases on home and the application itself are doing more damage to the chances of it appearing on the PlayStation 4 than they are increasing the likelihood of it being brought over. I'm not saying "go spend your entire paycheck" I'm not even insisting you buy anything, but you can't expect Sony to care about a "product" that has little to no support from its community.
And I will admit, home has taken a turn, and in some ways, not in the most favorable manor. But I will continue to show my support regardless of where it ends up, whether it be on the PS4, or just as a distant memory.

Home must be generating a reasonable profit, since it's been kicking strong since the Welcome Back program after the PSN outage of 2011. BAck then, it seemed as if Sony was in a rush to dip into any source of revenue and Home must've given them something. Prior to the PSN outage, Home rarely had reliable standards for updates in items to purchase. We were lucky to even get a costume and a few pieces of clothing in a month. Now we have weekly updates of content and more content creators than ever before the outage.

If anything will kill Home it's the fact it is a very flawed product that doesn't run on its own in-house software. It might just be a waste of money to try and improve upon it for another console.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 146 of 154 (140 Views)
Fender Bender
3130 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Patchex wrote:

Things Take time... Yet I do think that buggs and glitches should be fixed before a 10 dollar item is pushed out by any dev... 

Generally, items and games pass Quality Assurance (QA) before they are released live. The problem starts when Home has thousands, millions, logging in at the same time to experience the latest update. And there are other issues, too, that affect how the new items and games will react.

Sadly this is a wrong statement Mr.. Conrad... I wish you were right... I have seen first hand that you are incorrect. With the First money suits, the First Bride outfit, the RC Rally Space ( the Devs of this one were rude to me after asking me to test and I told them what was wrong, and they released it as was when I told them it was broken, (along with others who told them it was broken) just one solid example... Yet they refused to, and still do refuse to let me release the Testing videos I took) ... Etc... Etc...  I could go on and on and on about how many were tested... Not fixed and still released... That is problem number 1, the next problem is when the community buys the broken items. This is because now the Dev's think we are stupid and will buy anything they throw at us... And talk back in 07 was exactly along those lines... Even then they knew things were broken yet moved on to other things instead of fixing them before release. Sadly this has become a habit in PS HOME development...

Now I am not saying everything about home is crappy, yet this is a crappy thing... I wish it were not like this, yet it is... I really had high hopes for better... Then again look at all HOME HAS accomplished... I do need to mention that I think HOME has also come along way, there have been some awesome updates and Fixes... Their would be less Fixing and Glitches in the first place though if Devs and such would be a bit more Prudent in their Development. 

Photobucket
Message 147 of 154 (126 Views)
VP of Gaming
26660 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

Spicey_Lollipop wrote:

Gone is the day where you could ask a Guide for a little help on a problem you may have.

If the Guides are not helping you, or are not at least making the effort to help you, let Tempest_Fire know via a PM. It may mean that they (hopefully only one or two) are not doing what they had agreed to do.

If you have questions or concerns, you can PM me. I will do what I can to answer you. And so will others in the community. I am no longer a Guide, but I do still help.

Message 148 of 154 (115 Views)
VP of Gaming
26660 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Patchex wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Sadly this is a wrong statement Mr.. Conrad... I wish you were right... I have seen first hand that you are incorrect.

I had used the word "generally". And this is usually true. However, when an item or game is released when it still has issues, the idea is to continue to work on it as people are using/playing it.

And not all Developers are this way. We've had games, items and spaces announced that eventually have never made it to Home due to issues unresolved by QA.

Thousands and millions of dollars are spent on spaces, games and items in Home. But if the money spent on Development and Testing will out cost the potential revenue, the project is usually pulled.

Sometimes that lesson is learned after the fact.

Message 149 of 154 (113 Views)
Fender Bender
3130 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Patchex wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Sadly this is a wrong statement Mr.. Conrad... I wish you were right... I have seen first hand that you are incorrect.

I had used the word "generally". And this is usually true. However, when an item or game is released when it still has issues, the idea is to continue to work on it as people are using/playing it.

And not all Developers are this way. We've had games, items and spaces announced that eventually have never made it to Home due to issues unresolved by QA.

Thousands and millions of dollars are spent on spaces, games and items in Home. But if the money spent on Development and Testing will out cost the potential revenue, the project is usually pulled.

Sometimes that lesson is learned after the fact.

That makes sense... However I am talking about ones that know there are problems and refuse to fix them because of that cost or inability to do so?  It would be better if they were just honest about limitations instead of making us think they want to fix something that can not be and they know that can not be fixed. Then they release it anyway planning to make a profit for incomplete work on their side. 

For Instance, its my experience that lately, Beta's for testing are being used as a form of Advertisement rather then actual Beta's to fix problems and this saddens and discourages me from wanting to help Devs in HOME beta Test, (or other Beta's on PSN, not all yet a few) 

Why ask for help if you do not want to hear or use the information that the help is saying and showing you? 

Photobucket
Message 150 of 154 (84 Views)