May 01 2007
By: Smokey Uncharted Territory 1429 posts

Who? How? When? Why?

8 replies 2 views Edited May 1, 2007
I find it extremely humorous the amount of trivial speculation that pertains to HOME beta invites.  Who got them?  Why did you and not me?  Will there be more invites sent? Blah Blah Blah. 

If you didn't get picked it (HOME) will be here for everyone soon enough but don't speculate on the how and why, don't worry about not getting picked as it won't change the fact.
Message 1 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Who? How? When? Why?

May 1, 2007
exactly thank you. every one is becoming paranoid over it. OMG i havent heard back yet lets freak out and make false assumptions to try to make us feel better. every one needs to just relax play a game go outside or do something in their every day life instead of freaking out.
Message 2 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

May 1, 2007
i understand were u coming form but some of these ppl been waitin for a month and if u didn't really care u wouldn't have post, im i right?
Message 3 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

May 1, 2007

schu70 wrote:
I find it extremely humorous the amount of trivial speculation that pertains to HOME beta invites.  Who got them?  Why did you and not me?  Will there be more invites sent? Blah Blah Blah. 

If you didn't get picked it (HOME) will be here for everyone soon enough but don't speculate on the how and why, don't worry about not getting picked as it won't change the fact.

it s public forum people are going to express their feeling. No need to complain about it , just dont read the post.
Message 4 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

May 1, 2007

schu70 wrote:

yea theres some dissapointed people ..thats understandable they just feel left out ! the least we can do is let them post !

Photobucket
Message 5 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1452 posts

May 1, 2007
I was waiting for over a month and I didn't get invited. Does this bother me? Not really, I knew there was a very slim chance I would be in since it is a closed beta. I also have the patience to wait untill the open beta, if you know Sony you know you have to wait for everything. I'm used to waiting already, it's not that big of a deal, seriously.
Message 6 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

May 1, 2007
like any other gamer i was just as excited about the chance to get into the home beta as anyone else, did i even get an invite? nope. but im not going to let it bother me, i paid a lot for my ps3 and im not going to let one game keep me from enjoying the others i could be playing. Home will be out for all of us soon enough. hell maybe their is a chance for some of us, if not this beta then the open one. Until then though i say just dont worry about it, theirs many other things to keep us busy. spiderman 3 anyone? i know that will keep me plenty busy.

I dont mean it to sound harsh but, if you dont get your hopes up then you cant be dissapointed. we all knew it was a slim chance of any of us making it in. lets not let one game fill our days with paranoia rather then the fun we should have with our shiney new ps3's. it may take longer for some of use, but we will all get home
Message 7 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

May 1, 2007

IceCold wrote:

schu70 wrote:

it s public forum people are going to express their feeling. No need to complain about it , just don't read the post.

I'm not complaining; as I already stated "I find it...humorous" (meaning it makes me laugh).  Maybe you should read the message versus interpreting it.
Message 8 of 9 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
531 posts

May 1, 2007
WOW,  I think it's pretty funny too.

People who didn't get invites are steaming mad and will jump at ANY possibility of an invitation.
Every rumor is magnified to the utmost possible outcome.

People were saying they'd stay up all night last night for the home acceptance email. And there was absolutley no proof that it would drop. Just a few pics of some friends supposedly in home. Remember the GDC people, they had an entire room full of people. It's called an internal beta, friends and family beta, ALHPA. Come on you're gonna wait up ALL NIGHT

I got invited and I'm waiting on the acceptance email, I'm on this board all the time, and I'll endulge a lttle in the fake pics and rumors, but the fact of the matter is it will be just as much of a surprise as the invite email was. No rumor or conspiracy theory or pleading will get the US beta maving any faster. And no sob story or rant about how much you hate the most trusted name in electronics in the US, how you'll stop buying $5k worth of their stuff every year, will get you an invite email, not right now at least.

Just wait people, when the acceptance email comes, you will eaither get one or you will read about it on this forum, and know you aren't one of the chosen. At this point I don't know what's worse for some, to not get an invite, and hate life, but know it's over for you for at least a few months. Or be invited and anxiously waiting, checking you email evey 5 minutes, hoping you are lucky enough to work on this beta.
0 Likes