Mar 10 2011
By: NBAballar18 Monster Hunter 46 posts
Accepted Solution

Which reaper?

11 replies 42 views Edited Mar 10, 2011

Hey every1 i wanted 2 kno if the gold reaper from the Xi store is worth it or shud i get the black 1

Message 1 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Re: Which reaper?

Mar 10, 2011

Does the $5 black one (the one with a scythe and glowing red eyes) come with that glowing orb inside its robe? I don't really remember. If so, just get that one.

Message 2 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4522 posts

Mar 10, 2011

the black reaper does not have the glowing orb in the chest, just the gold one, personally I think the gold is to expensive being $10 so i'd pick the black one

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 3 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Mar 11, 2011

gamer_316 wrote:

the black reaper does not have the glowing orb in the chest, just the gold one, personally I think the gold is to expensive being $10 so i'd pick the black one

gamer_316 Trophy Card

I'd have to agree. Besides, the gold one does look sort of gaudy. The $5 black reaper looks much cooler. It looks like a reaper should look (grim and intimidating, not like some weird and flashy piece of furniture).

For $10 you can get 2-5 costumes, a few companions, 2 personal spaces, 10 pieces of furniture, and several articles of clothing. If you had to use $10 on a costume, I'd personally get the Novus Prime Mech costume.

Message 4 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4522 posts

Mar 11, 2011

Buff_Hamster wrote:

gamer_316 wrote:

gamer_316 Trophy Card

I'd have to agree. Besides, the gold one does look sort of gaudy. The $5 black reaper looks much cooler. It looks like a reaper should look (grim and intimidating, not like some weird and flashy piece of furniture).

For $10 you can get 2-5 costumes, a few companions, 2 personal spaces, 10 pieces of furniture, and several articles of clothing. If you had to use $10 on a costume, I'd personally get the Novus Prime Mech costume.

the pink one maybe?

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 5 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Mar 11, 2011

gamer_316 wrote:

Buff_Hamster wrote:

gamer_316 wrote:

gamer_316 Trophy Card

the pink one maybe?

gamer_316 Trophy Card

There is no pink one . Just the original blue one and a corrupted red one. There is a pink Mini Mech companion called the "Lil Sis," though.

http://img.alphazone4.com/l/cad5f788cda7f04761d352c9f40144ba.png

Message 6 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
751 posts

Mar 11, 2011

Hey there, welcome to the forums. To answer you question, I would personally go with the black one. I purchased the gold one and I really never wear it so I decided to go ahead and get the black one. The Gold one is just way too... how do I put it ... Gold . I personally say go with the black.

Message 7 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3183 posts

Mar 11, 2011

there the same aside from the glowing chest, my pick would be black none the less you'll save 5 bucks as well

Message 8 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Mar 11, 2011

I'd say just get the black one.  I personally think it looks cooler.  And it looks more like the actual Reaper.  A grim reaper with a gold cloak is just ridiculous lol.

Message 9 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1108 posts

Mar 11, 2011

Well the more expensive is called the "Bling Reaper" so I would hope it would be a showy, overimposing Novelty with a gold scythe. If I wanted that particular costume I would go with the bling for the gold scythe, the glowing core and the shinyness of the gold. Although you should consider what you are broadcasting when you wear it. Dark and imposing with a hint of awesome or Gold and shiny with a bit of "hey look at me, I look so awesome I dont have to say it" shtick.

The black gives a classic look while the gold is a bit... Mmm, unique one would say. Not ruler of death unique or I will claim your soul unique. Still, its a gold scythe at the end which looks sweet, and that core. Its a favorite. Go with what you think looks cool. I would go with gold, just because.

Platinum Trophy Collection
Resident Evil 5 Platinum TrophyinFAMOUS Platinum TrophyResistance 2 Platinum TrophyBatman Arkham Asylume Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed II Master AssassinDemon's Souls Toughest SoulDante's Inferno Master of The InfernoAliens vs Predator Not Bad for A HumanDarksiders BFAStar Wars The Force Unleashed 100% Complete

Love machinima and Home videos? Find us on PSTalent.com to watch and possibly star in one of our latest projects! Meet other Home enthusiasts, play a few games and join a community that thrives on creation and unique perspectives.

- Animus_Requiem, Writing Director at PSTalent.com
Message 10 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes