I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Re: Which "Home" will you choose? PVP or PVE?

Sep 17, 2007
The only PvX in home will be vs pool tables, board and arcade games.

(PSN: CraigHwk)
Message 11 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2639 posts

Sep 17, 2007
HOME IS NOT A GAME!

I think a lot of people are going to be dissapointed when it finally comes out.
Message 12 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Sep 17, 2007
even though it is a service, i think it would be cool to have certain skills w/ a level up type system. not necessarily numerical like most RPGs, but even rankings. that way the more time you spend on home the more things you can do/unlock/wear. i havent played it yet but if there isn't already, there needs to be something to make people want to be on home. playing pool and being at the arcade, walking around, all the novelty will wear off shortly if you are really doing nothing. something almost like the crappy (graphics suck) online RPG runescape but without the combat system.
Message 13 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1077 posts

Sep 17, 2007

Xeron wrote:
even though it is a service, i think it would be cool to have certain skills w/ a level up type system. not necessarily numerical like most RPGs, but even rankings. that way the more time you spend on home the more things you can do/unlock/wear. i havent played it yet but if there isn't already, there needs to be something to make people want to be on home. playing pool and being at the arcade, walking around, all the novelty will wear off shortly if you are really doing nothing. something almost like the crappy (graphics suck) online RPG runescape but without the combat system.

the whole point of Home is like AIM but with a visual appeal, as well as the fact that you can jump right from it to a game.

so for instance, it could be used to gather a clan or group before a match to talk strategy while "lounging" and listening to music and watching vids and even playing arcade games/ pool. 

its not like you are gonna "play" home. sure u can design you space, but it won't be a game.

Message 14 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Sep 17, 2007
sony shouldn't waste their time and just make a PS3 aol/msn/jabber/yahoo/etc instant messenger.

i think a lot of people (including myself) wish it was a game.
Message 15 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2153 posts

Sep 17, 2007

Xeron wrote:
sony shouldn't waste their time and just make a PS3 aol/msn/jabber/yahoo/etc instant messenger.

i think a lot of people (including myself) wish it was a game.

Well if wishes were cows then we would all be eatin' steak.  It's a virtual reality chat room.  A service to help you find a group of people and launch yourselves into a game.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.
"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind."
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart." - The Last Gunslinger
Message 16 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3640 posts

Sep 17, 2007

Soccer_kid27 wrote:
I could care less , but if i had to choose i would pick pvp

If you could care less, why don't you?

Do not peel an Orange with a knife.
I've always got my flamesuit on.
3000th post made on 07-25-2009 08:42 PM
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? 47.
Message 17 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Sep 17, 2007

tornxmind wrote:

Xeron wrote:

the whole point of Home is like AIM but with a visual appeal, as well as the fact that you can jump right from it to a game.

so for instance, it could be used to gather a clan or group before a match to talk strategy while "lounging" and listening to music and watching vids and even playing arcade games/ pool. 

its not like you are gonna "play" home. sure u can design you space, but it won't be a game.

the thing that will be sweet is when your capable of Recording your online matches and having your clan in your apartment wacthing the recorded match going over Mistakes and Stratigy like In a Flight Prep room , just imagine this

You and 10 of your clan mates sitting in chairs in front of a big screen wacthing Vids of your opponet getting stratigys and CLues of how they will play

goosbumps it gives me

Message 18 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Sep 17, 2007

SYEDPSP wrote:
Who Cares

no, you should have made it bigger, like : WHO CARES?!

Message Edited by Necromancer107 on 09-17-2007 04:45 PM
Message 19 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Sep 17, 2007
Dude theres no BEEEPING Pvp in a dam community so this is the dummest post ive ever seen go back to playing WoW no one wants pvp in home and theres no pve either pve stands for person verse environment your arnt versing environment unles there is a conflict.... 
Message 20 of 20 (4 Views)
0 Likes