Jun 25 2014
By: Sunny-Hallways Lombax Warrior 144 posts

Which Mall did u like like better ?

40 replies 861 views Edited Jun 25, 2014

I wasnt  arouind for  old  mall  but  from what i heard about the old mall it seemed nice and fun to be in on playstation home.   as for new  mall i used to like it  and go there alot when  they had wardrobe  wars  but thats been gone a while now..  i dont like this new mall much anymore  i been back there twice in past week it  was empty  not many people  there anymore.  before this past week  i havent been back there in months.  my  question is  which mall  did u like better  on  Home  old one  or  new  one.     would they ever bring back old mall cause this new mall isnt as popular  anymore as it used to be.  the music in new mall isnt really good,  let me know all what u think  NEW MALL OR OLD MALL ?

Message 1 of 41 (861 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Re: Which Mall did u like like better ?

Jun 25, 2014
Old mall.
I nvr visit this one.
I visited the other one often when everyone used to pose by the fountain to show off the little content they each had and that home still had back in summer 2011.
Message 2 of 41 (856 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Jun 25, 2014
I like that we can kinda walk into some of the stores in the new mall, but I like the old mall better overall. It had more of a real mall look, 2 floors, a fountain we could play in and chess. I miss how the old mall showed Pulse videos with Christina Lee too, but that's a PSN/Future issue, not Home. All the new mall has is a broken Wardrobe Wars that makes the space laggy, despite not actually functioning.

Message 3 of 41 (855 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5755 posts

Jun 25, 2014
Good point, Reg. The old 2-story mall was a good central location to find people wearing new content on Wednesdays before we bought it. After the mall was replaced, Bambi's weekly gatherings filled that void, but since those are on hiatus, all we do now is purchase stuff via Navigator stores, switch TV input and watch a half hour show while it verifies. Not nearly as much fun.

Message 4 of 41 (847 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 25, 2014
I liked the old mall better. It had alot of personality.

Back then you almost had to shop there because we couldn't shop from the navigator like we can now.

People mostly stopped going physically with their avatars once they could shop from the PDA.

Wardrobe Wars brought in traffic but the game had it's flaws, and never received updates past the original winner rewards so once it stopped working, nobody took care of it.

My REAL only good memory of the new mall was when a mysterious kiosk showed up and people were claiming it was randomly dispensing redeem codes. It did not actually give out anything, but the mystery was strong.
In the only mention of it before it just disappeared after an update, Glasswalls (then the Home Community Manager) had said it was a test for a new type of reward system.

Now that I think of it, I guess years later that actually happened in events like Quest For Greatness 1 & 2, etc.

Good times.
Support Forums
Message 5 of 41 (844 Views)
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Jun 25, 2014

Old Mall for me too Smiley Happy If i want to revisit the Old Mall i sign on my Japan acct as they still have the old mall but they forgot to pay the power bill (its a tad dark there) Smiley LOL

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 6 of 41 (836 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jun 25, 2014

No contest; old mall.

Current mall sucks. Doesn't even look like a mall, is ugly, and has that eyesore known as Wardrobe Wars right in the middle of both floors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 41 (832 Views)
Gaming Beast
1350 posts

Jun 25, 2014

Greetings

i wonder if u have picture of the old Mall anyone, would like to see that Smiley Happy

3527586646_418b5a35b1.jpg

Message 8 of 41 (827 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2014

Without a doubt the old Mall was nicer. I really loved it and it was a great place to spend time with friends. I have fond memories of that place too when we were able to rail glitch. Oh the good times. I rarely go to the new mall. 

I also loved the old theater better too. 

Message 9 of 41 (820 Views)
I Only Post Everything
841 posts

Jun 25, 2014

original (5).jpg

Message 10 of 41 (813 Views)