Jun 01 2009
By: eternalkeni Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Where's our community

17 replies 11 views Edited Jun 1, 2009

All the hype about e3 and the home community events has got me thinking, where's the home community the rest of the time?

What home seems to be lacking, in my limited experience, is any sort of community.  I mean, I go to home, wander around, and generally get bored and leave.  I always feel like I'm missing something.

Then I saw how a single event (granted a significant event) can start to bring people together and show how a bunch of individual home users could possibly be brought together and made into a community.

Why is home always so barren?  There could be events every single day.  I mean, not e3, but let's say a game night.  People could be informed that tonight, the home cafe is encouraged to discuss resistance (or any game) and there will be people on hand who have played the game and can help you with tips for trophies or areas where you may be stuck.  They could add video support with those big screen tv's that seem to be everywhere, if live support was unavailable, they could just use those tv's.  A simple tip video dedicated to a single game would suffice to bring people into the discussion.

I mean really, the big corporate event areas like red bull are nice, but where is the smaller, more frequent personal support that brings people together and builds community?  Why is it that when I want to find out what's happening in home I have to come here?  The playstation forums already have quite a good community.  There should be event notifications and update news on my playstation when I turn it on.  They could use that little newsticker, or psmail.  Where's the event board after I launch home?  I've been trough most of the central area and have never seen the board that tells people about scheduled events, and home updates?  How can I plan to attend if I am unaware about what's going on?  I admit I am still very new to home and maybe there is a strong community, just not during the off hours that I frequent it.

Anyhows, that's just my opinion.  The clothing and tv's are nice, but I would probably actually use home if there was something going on that I was aware about.

Message 1 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Re: Where's our community

Jun 1, 2009
I dont know what you are on about, there is always events, the horror bowl was a big one, then there was the resistance game launching night with the developers, then there is the street fighterevents, maybe you should head over to the Playstation Home Clubs and Eventsforum.......
Message 2 of 18 (11 Views)
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 1, 2009
I must apologise.  I admit I haven't noticed the events forum.  Stupid me thought that home events would be mentioned in home.
Message 3 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 1, 2009
Join a club. Make friends. What do you do in real life?
Message 4 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 1, 2009

Sadly, I'm not very neighbourly, I'm quite shy.  In real life I tend to spend way too much time playing video games.

Also, i work ridiculous hours, and ony really get into home in the really early hours of the morning. (7am pst)  So, I suspect that I miss gatherings that I would probablly see if I was there during primetime hours.

Message Edited by eternalkeni on 06-01-2009 06:59 AM
Message 5 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3090 posts

Jun 1, 2009
Go see the events and announcements board

Message Edited by areskins on 06-01-2009 07:17 AM
Photobucket
Message 6 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Jun 1, 2009

There is always home events with tons of people, and the community, and they are always mentioned in the message of the day, like the resistance space launch event, and the street fighter event, and the horror bowl and the godfather fancy dress night, all are in the message of the day, but more details are always on the forums

I mean there are so many i cant even think where to begin, tons of threads about events, tons of pictures, tons of storys, i fail to see that there isnt a community all around us, as there is, it is a very active and fun community, but i guess you just missed it......

the Street fighter even is 6pm to 10pm PST, i am sure you could go there and just chat and have fun even if you dont own the game

Message Edited by eastavenge on 06-01-2009 07:25 AM
Message 7 of 18 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Jun 1, 2009
home to me hasn't felt like a community since I got my ps3 back...12/24.  I was in cb and everyone got along, everyone could talk to anyone without worryingabout harrassment or your hey baby hey lines.  There were few jackasses in the bunch....very few...not really niticable.  Then we upgraded to 1.0....we saw a bit more jackassa come withthat....when we wen open beta that's when jackasses and **bleep**s came.  The community just hasn't felt the same to me after cb....people don't just talk to anyone..I rarely talk to random peopl which is a complete flip flop of me in cb.  Sure, we didn't have much to do...we didn't have as many spaces as we do now...but the community was there
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Jun 1, 2009

aww... OP needs to make some friends. (no offense)  ^_^

Message 9 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jun 1, 2009

none taken, it's probably true

damn shyness always keeps me from talking to random strangers, except for greifers (is this term still current?) and they always tend to get annoyed and leave.

Message 10 of 18 (11 Views)
0 Likes