Jun 18 2013
By: F1REFLY_SEREN1TY Survivor 1924 posts

Where my thread about PS Plus and hair colors go?

10 replies 415 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

Yesterday I posted asking about what happens to all those custom colors for hair (and other stuff) when PS Plus subscription ends.

I got a few posts talking about it, But came today looking for other people posting on it. Some more information. But thread disappeared. I looked in my history and it's not there!!

@_@;;;

It was a very noncontroversial topic. About a genuine question about Home. So why was it deleted?!?!

One of you mods are really too quick on the gun and a bit careless about your aim. 

Message 1 of 11 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Re: Where my thread about PS Plus and hair colors go?

Jun 18, 2013

Maybe people got out of hand in it and the mods decided to remove it. Seems to be happening a lot lately rather than just removing the offending posts.

I hope you get the answers you were looking for though.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 2 of 11 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Thank you Vidki. I did get a little bit of information. But I was hoping to hear from more people. 

I got that colors will default, But not sure when it happens. When Home loads? or when Wardrobe is accessed? or when Hair color is accessed?

Someone mentioned you can load some custom colors from a saved file. But will changing your top default your hair color again?

I didn't get those answers. And I wish the mod wasn't so eager to use his/her power before a customer got information he wanted to know...

Message 3 of 11 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

I cant tell you until the end of the year but i will tell you if i could keep my hair color after ff ^_^

Message 4 of 11 (346 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 18, 2013

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

Thank you Vidki. I did get a little bit of information. But I was hoping to hear from more people. 

I got that colors will default, But not sure when it happens. When Home loads? or when Wardrobe is accessed? or when Hair color is accessed?

Someone mentioned you can load some custom colors from a saved file. But will changing your top default your hair color again?

I didn't get those answers. And I wish the mod wasn't so eager to use his/her power before a customer got information he wanted to know...

I'm pretty sure I've heard that when your subscription ends it auto removes it. A friend of mine had put on one of the items that you only get with psn+, then the subscription ended, they defaulted that part of his body and removed the item. If I had to guess, I'd assume that it works the same way with your hair.

Message 5 of 11 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Jun 18, 2013

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

Ok, I went on and tested this. My PS+ ran out on EU last month. I had some save files I loaded that had custom hair color from when I had Ps+.  I can confirm that when you load the save, your hair goes black Smiley Sad

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 6 of 11 (321 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 18, 2013

awws this sucks :/

Message 7 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

Ok, I went on and tested this. My PS+ ran out on EU last month. I had some save files I loaded that had custom hair color from when I had Ps+.  I can confirm that when you load the save, your hair goes black Smiley Sad

Ouch. I had hoped to have some way to keep the hair, even if it meant not changing my hair at all from now on.

I really wish Sony would make the custom hair color  a default feature of Home. The few default colors we get are pretty pathetic compared to other programs where I've made avatars. 

Paying $50 a year is way too much for hair color options. And I don't use the other features of Plus. I wish there was a way to just purchase the ability. It REALLY should be a default feature. But at least we should have some other way besides renting that ability for $50.

Message 8 of 11 (299 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 18, 2013
My question is this. Say you had custom color saved, lost plus, had black hair after loading, then got plus again. Would your custom hair load up again if you had resubscribed??
Support Forums
Message 9 of 11 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Jun 18, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
My question is this. Say you had custom color saved, lost plus, had black hair after loading, then got plus again. Would your custom hair load up again if you had resubscribed??

I don't know, but I don't think Home runs any checks on a save file while its just sitting there. It probably only checks when it's loading the save file onto your avatar.

Message 10 of 11 (243 Views)
0 Likes