VP of Gaming
28241 posts

Re: Where are the Home community volunteers?

May 29, 2009

asoccer wrote:
You will probably find them in either Siren, Podium space, or Resistance 2.

Don't forget the Bowling Alley, the Mall, Central Plaza, the Resident Evil 5 set or any place that a good number of people tend to gather.

When off duty, we will be in "civilian" clothes. We'll blend in with everyone else. When on duty we will be wearing our Guide shirts. We will stand out like a vanilla ice cream in a cone with cherry syrup dripping from it.

Actually, I am going on now to play a little poker (in my civilian clothes). I'll be on duty a bit later.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 11 of 43 (44 Views)
VP of Gaming
28241 posts

May 29, 2009

ApacheVoyeur wrote:

I think the chances of bumping into you guys is quite low, though. I wonder how many server instances are active on any given night? 

Just curious because I hadn't seen anyone in a couple weeks. 

I can pretty much say the same thing. I have chatted with many community members, but how many of them actually visit this forum to confirm that they have seen us? I spoke with approximately thirty people last night, yet not one has posted here that they had spoken with or had seen me.

However, I do run into people in Home who have seen me post on the forum. They remember me, but sometimes I don't remember them.

Message Edited by Conrad_Max on 05-29-2009 02:00 PM
The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 12 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

May 29, 2009

I was just thinking it might be cool to have Police boxes around Home that let users alert you guys to questions or concerns in world. Perhaps allowing your to transport to the area/server instance with a blinking 'Help' icon over the user. Of course you could report folks that abuse the mechanism.

/sorry, i know this isn't the suggestion thread 

��
Message 13 of 43 (44 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

May 29, 2009
I saw Jim777, ChronosViper, and Jersquall last night for the Resistance 2 launch party. It was a blast and I wanta thank you guys 4 your work. I think they are doing a great job. The only place I never see the volunteers anymore is on these forums. I see Chronos, Jim, Conrad (all the time), occasionally Luiggy, and I know Amir is still active on the Xi forums but everyone else is dead silent. I think maybe their Home duties take time away from the forums. That's not a problem per say, just an observation. Keep up the good work.
Message 14 of 43 (44 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

May 29, 2009

Conrad_Max wrote:

asoccer wrote:
You will probably find them in either Siren, Podium space, or Resistance 2.

Don't forget the Bowling Alley, the Mall, Central Plaza, the Resident Evil 5 set or any place that a good number of people tend to gather.

When off duty, we will be in "civilian" clothes. We'll blend in with everyone else. When on duty we will be wearing our Guide shirts. We will stand out like a vanilla ice cream in a cone with cherry syrup dripping from it.

Actually, I am going on now to play a little poker (in my civilian clothes). I'll be on duty a bit later.

you sound very tasty Conrad.
Message 15 of 43 (44 Views)
Sackboy
461 posts

May 29, 2009

I'm just waiting for the first case of HCV brutality. :smileyvery-happy:

Here is Buggie and Locust having a discussion with Esham the other night near the manhole.

KIDDING! i kid, i kid... 

��
Message 16 of 43 (44 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4310 posts

May 29, 2009
I can't breathe I'm laughing soooo hard. you deserve 21 kudos!
Message Edited by CRUNKRIS on 05-29-2009 11:17 AM
Message 17 of 43 (44 Views)
Wastelander
760 posts

May 29, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:
I can't breathe I'm laughing soooo hard. you deserve 21 kudos!
Message Edited by CRUNKRIS on 05-29-2009 11:17 AM

HAHA!  Agree'd!  I had a major LOL! 

Message 18 of 43 (44 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

May 29, 2009
We have no control over which instance we go to, unlike the managers. So we help who we can in the instances that we end up in. Last night at the game launching event, I answered peoples questions for 2 hours. If anyone needs any help feel free to send me a pm.
Message 19 of 43 (44 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 29, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:
I saw Jim777, ChronosViper, and Jersquall last night for the Resistance 2 launch party. It was a blast and I wanta thank you guys 4 your work. I think they are doing a great job. The only place I never see the volunteers anymore is on these forums. I see Chronos, Jim, Conrad (all the time), occasionally Luiggy, and I know Amir is still active on the Xi forums but everyone else is dead silent. I think maybe their Home duties take time away from the forums. That's not a problem per say, just an observation. Keep up the good work.

We kind of wanted things to calm down before getting back to posting regularly here. These forums were pretty bad toward the guide team when they were first picked. We decided as a group not to post in threads thatr could lead to flaming and giving the program any negative feedback. We are still here and helping those who need it but we are also in Home doing our thing. We appreciate those of you who are doing the same thing we are. Helping other users in Home.

Crunkris, It was good seeing you in the Resistance launch party.

It was good seeing alot of you guys there and in other parts of Home.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 20 of 43 (44 Views)