Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Re: When will Home be out of beta?

May 24, 2010

I used to say that I believe Home will remain in beta all the way until the release of the PS4. My reason for saying that was somewhat in jest because can you imagine how much of a selling point that would be, to announce the PS4 will come with the full-release of Home? And by that time the tech will have greatly improved so much that it would look and feel and be amazingly better. I would say that we on the PS3 were kinda just test subjects. The PS2 had Home in the thought process. The PS3 was the beta process. The PS4 the Full Release (as well as the apocalypse, since the PS4 will end up destroying the world with it's integrated AI and other advanced tech specs).

But in seriousness . . .

This question is asked so often it gets a bit insane. The answer? Home will be out of Beta when it reaches a point of quality that Sony themselves feel is "full-release" quality. It's not going to remain in beta because it's ever-changing (if that be the case, I'd say about . . . .60% of all software out there should have the beta tag on it, since through updates and patches they can constantly change. Even full-release games!), and to say it'll remain in beta as a cop-out merely reveals a disdain for Sony and a bias that disproves the statement.

I'd say that it'll come out of beta sooner than many people think. Why? Not sure, just a gut feeling related to the spike in communication, having a private beta, and the way things are starting to look. It seems they're preparing themselves better for the full-release. My prediction? One more full-core-update, and then some time to make sure it works properly, then a small update to fix any issues with the core-update, and simultaneous Full Release, fireworks, corks flying through the air, people jumping all around, people in real life doing running-man lines around the world . . .  normal stuff!

Personally though I'm hoping it won't be a while before full-release. I have HUGE hopes for home, and HUGE expectations. Right now though, I honestly say that what I see is about 30% of those hopes and expectations.

Now they can have a HUGE update on the line that will fix the current issues, add the things we want, and do everything (almost) that I personally hope for in Home, and put it into effect next week! Then I'd say excellent and scream and giggle like a giddy little school girl runnning around with hands waving in the air . . . O.O

But unless that happens . . . I---no I won't turn into a school girl, I was joking!---Unless that happens . . . I'd rather Home stay in beta for a good while longer until things are fixed up nicely, and features added that I've been hoping for from before the start of Closed beta.

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 21 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

May 24, 2010

never ever ever ever ever ever.... lol joking but im wondering the same thing...

Message 22 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

May 24, 2010

To me Beta is just a word,,, I don't hinge my Home expectations or usage on whether Home is in a Beta stage or not,,, I know people want to get all technical or blame Sony as using Beta as a scapegoat for minor problems,,, I look at it this way,,, if I like something I use it,,, if I don't I won't... Home is free and FREE is the only word I care about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 24 (4 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4884 posts

May 24, 2010
Beta ends soon, HK/EU no longer even say Open Beta anywhere. I wouldn't be too surprised if at E3 this is announced. The window is closing on Open Beta...
Message 24 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes