Highlighted
Jun 28 2009
By: Bulletpainpills Survivor 2612 posts

When the Beta is over, do I get to keep all the stuff I bought?

33 replies 37 views Edited Jun 28, 2009

Playstation Home is still in the Beta, and they're been lots of stuff we regular users buy. So, when the Beta is over, would we be able to keep all of our stuff? I better be able to keep all my clothes and Personal Spaces or I'll be really angry at Sony. Of course the Beta won't be over for about a year or 2 for those of you who don't know. And don't say I'm wrong and the Beta is ending soon becasue it says so at Wikipedia.

Jack Buser, Director of Home for SCEA, stated that Home will remain in beta "indefinitely," meaning that Sony does not know yet when Home will be out of the Open Beta. He also stated that, "We quite like the name 'open beta,' so you can expect us to stay in open beta for some time."  __ Wikipedia, Playstation Home

FIGHT FOR THE GLORY OF HELGHAN!!!

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 1 of 34 (37 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Re: When the Beta is over, do I get to keep all the stuff I bought?

Jun 28, 2009
we arent sure. most likely not. we arent even sure if the beta will end.
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/fail-owned-billboard-fail.jpg
Message 2 of 34 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5866 posts

Jun 28, 2009

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Playstation Home is still in the Beta, and they're been lots of stuff we regular users buy. So, when the Beta is over, would we be able to keep all of our stuff? I better be able to keep all my clothes and Personal Spaces or I'll be really angry at Sony. Of course the Beta won't be over for about a year or 2 for those of you who don't know. And don't say I'm wrong and the Beta is ending soon becasue it says so at Wikipedia.

Jack Buser, Director of Home for SCEA, stated that Home will remain in beta "indefinitely," meaning that Sony does not know yet when Home will be out of the Open Beta. He also stated that, "We quite like the name 'open beta,' so you can expect us to stay in open beta for some time."  __ Wikipedia, Playstation Home

Your welcome for that Wikipedia source you got there, but your wrong on one part, the Wikipedia page does not say the beta is ending soon. To answer the question, more than likely unless something would go wrong in the system that would make you lose the items kind of like with what happened with the transfer from Closed Beta to Open Beta. But luckily, they did a maintenance that recovered almost everyones lost Closed Beta items.

Message Edited by JVBGFR on 06-27-2009 10:18 PM
Message 3 of 34 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jun 28, 2009

Bulletpainpills wrote:

You state Wiki says the beta is ending soon and the quote DIRECTLY from Wiki stating the opposite.  Maybe you should read your posts before hitting that button.

Message 4 of 34 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2054 posts

Jun 28, 2009
most likey yes IF beta EVER ends (i dont see it ending soon) there would be alot of complaints if not
Photobucket
Message 5 of 34 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5165 posts

Jun 28, 2009
Purchased items will stay with you.
League of Legends ID: fx Choi Jin ri
Always Keep the Faith in TVXQ and JYJ.
Jersquall owes me $5. I've used PS Home Service since Beta.
Message 6 of 34 (37 Views)
Survivor
2910 posts

Jun 28, 2009
Dibs on OP's purchased items when the beta ends.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 34 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
943 posts

Jun 28, 2009

Yes when the beta ends all your money will be wasted.  You will lose everything you purchased...........Um no.  Of course you will not lose anything.  The only thing that will change is that when you click on PS Home on your XMB it will say "PS Home" instead of "PS Home Beta".

Its not like the whole Home world is going to change due to the drop of the word beta.

Message 8 of 34 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Jun 28, 2009
Can i just state, wikipedia is never a source you should use, never, it isnt official and anything can be put, heck i remember when someone put that vernon kay had died in a skiing accident!, never use wiki as a source
Message 9 of 34 (37 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Jun 28, 2009
If you want a real source just wait for the Home managers to tell us or playstation blog other then that shouldn't be getting sources from other places. Even if beta does end why would you lose items you paid for and if it does happen they would fix it.
♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥
Message 10 of 34 (37 Views)
0 Likes