First Son
15 posts

Re: When is enough - ENOUGH Sony?

Jun 25, 2011

Thanks for that ROARING TWENTIES - I can understand your take far better then telling her to just DEAL WITH IT. But Gabby isn't an instigator - if anything - she's comical. And I will not take that away from her, not on because some guy saw her avatar and nearly upchucked. She has ALWAYS stuck to herself on pshome - and not just there - she's like that in school. Again - my daughter is NO angel - My blood flows through her and we'll be nice as long as you allow us to be. But telling someone to just DUCK your head and pretend it NEVEr happened - just so they can stay connected? Yeah - we'll see how that pans out.

Again I thank you all for your input and advice. Not so sure I agree with EmpNasty but - Hey - some of us are better off simply turning away as if NOTHING has taken place. I bet you this though, if enough PARENTS and users stepped up to have something done - You'd see SOMETHING. But as long as you're willing to look away - then you'll continue to see much of the same. Im not trying to start a crusade here - just saying.

Message 21 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jun 25, 2011

Gildabrid wrote:

Teach her how to deal with it? I suppose THAT is your solution? I think I'll stick with the way we do things. Teaching my daughter to deal with young and old boys who are calling her out of her name and far worse isn't gonna' happen. Trust me, she DEALS with it on a daily. But to assume that NOTHING can be done - is quitting. I'm a VonGildabrid - I dont know what walk of life YOU came from - but no - WE DONT QUIT. Maybe that's YOUR way of handling things - I get things done. Might take time but - they get done. As far as taking it away, I say again  WHY should SHE be punished, because some guy got an erection and couldn't control himself? Why should SHE have to step away, because these males have sexual desires on this "game?"  If anything, shouldn't THEY be the ones going some place else? Gabby uses it to talk with her friends and play the games. I paid for that system and as far as I can see, PSHome is one of the features that comes along with it. I mean, would you just STEP AWAY from something that you payed for, if someone else decided that their goodtime was going to be had on your behalf? If your answer is YES to that then okay. But not us. Not my family. Im not saying Gabby is an angel, because I know how sarcastic she can be - but I DO know that she's fully aware of what I will and wont tolerate. If she's on PSHome being vulgar - then YES - I can see myself taking it away. As far as her not wanting to talk to the little perverts that sony keeps, that's an entirely different issue. I've not seen ONE  THING MENTIONED in the code of conduct that says she H A S to talk to anyone, and certainly not someone who sends her a message asking if she wants to see his *****. Thanks but I'll pass....

Exactly, she doesn't have to talk to them. They're just trolls and the more you feed them the more they'll be back for food. AKA acknowledging them will just keep them coming back. Or fighting fire with fire causing more fire.. whichever you prefer. By showing you don't care about them they'll just move on to someone else or find another hobby. Banning them won't do much because they can just create a new account and troll some more. It's something we all deal with. In game and in real life. On here you can't really start with people because there are like.. rules. But if you were to meet that person in a game of COD then game on! There's a place for everything & Home/PSN isn't worth the drama. Unless you're on the battlefield

i luv my waffles red >:3 im the butter to your tometa, the apple to your banana, the toe nail clippings to your jar, the content to your forum, meow.
Message 22 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 25, 2011

And I DO  apologize, EmpNasty - if I seemed to be "arguing" with you. You made a statement that I simply replied to. My intent was not to do harm or  insult in any way. As I've stated before, I'm retired military - I probably wouldn't have the brainpower to keep up with some of you guys on this internet thing. My interests are FAR beyond such youthful endeavors. Were it not for my daughter enjoying PSHome, you decent people probably wouldn't even have known I existed. But no, she isn't an instigator. And she does her best to avoid people that are trouble. I'm sure I said SEVERAL things that you probably didn't agree with, and some that you did - either way - we're just sharing opinions. You dont get to a Captain's rank without having done that several times.  Again thank you all for the assistance.

Message 23 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 25, 2011

All I can say is that ONCE AGAIN we have more than ample evidence that we, the users, must be given some level of control. WAY too many, even under the umbrella of a HCV, simply beat the Report mantra. The problem is that it's 100% NOT EFFECTIVE. Everyone knows full well any suspension is to an account, NOT to the machine. Certainly all the miscreants have half a dozen accounts... and they know exactly where to draw the line so they don't get a machine nuke (Sony has the power to shut your machine off from accessing the PSN... AND even that can be gotten around). These people are actually proud at how many times there were hit with those suspensions... because they only take the time to have them re-log in under another account.

So when a suspension is made at the machine level, then the Report function may have some uses. Until then, they CAN give us some control... but they simply do not. And the ONLY reason why (IMO) has to be that none of it hits them in the pocketbook.

I know it won't happen, but if all Home users simply put their wallets away for a week, that WOULD get noticed. $$ is the only thing that Sony will ever seriously listen to.

Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jun 25, 2011

AMEN Riverside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sempher Fi Dad and all the other Marines in Afganistan"
Message 25 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jun 25, 2011

home is in beta - hence sony does not HAVE to do anything about your situation (sad as that may sound)

the only advice we users were given are to mute block report ignore and walk away

worst comes to worst, pop a game in or fire up netflix - dont let your kids get too overwhelmed by the immature kids running around on home - your better off LOLing at them when they try and insult as it will annoy them more - in turn they typically would leave cause they dont get a rise out of you or say something worse that will contribute to their virtual vacation

also, it is always nice to check the profiles before - clone accounts (defaults and freewear users with no or very little trophies) are usually people who create accounts just to annoy and bother

people who play games most of the time will pause and consider their actions when the person they are annoying say the word "report" - couple of days ago had someone doing that exact thing, checked their profile, was like a level 8 or something - explained to him what he could be facing, he apologized and left - might wanna try that sometime

home is nothing to get upset over - if your kids cant sleep cause of some idiots actions, its time to press the power off button - and like others may have said - another user cannot harm you unless personal contact information was given out - if that is the case and your family starts to get threatened OFF of home and the PSN, then police contact should be your next steps

good luck and welcome to home (still in beta)

Message 26 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jun 25, 2011

lil_heart_breakr wrote:

home is in beta - hence sony does not HAVE to do anything about your situation (sad as that may sound)

the only advice we users were given are to mute block report ignore and walk away

worst comes to worst, pop a game in or fire up netflix - dont let your kids get too overwhelmed by the immature kids running around on home - your better off LOLing at them when they try and insult as it will annoy them more - in turn they typically would leave cause they dont get a rise out of you or say something worse that will contribute to their virtual vacation

also, it is always nice to check the profiles before - clone accounts (defaults and freewear users with no or very little trophies) are usually people who create accounts just to annoy and bother

people who play games most of the time will pause and consider their actions when the person they are annoying say the word "report" - couple of days ago had someone doing that exact thing, checked their profile, was like a level 8 or something - explained to him what he could be facing, he apologized and left - might wanna try that sometime

home is nothing to get upset over - if your kids cant sleep cause of some idiots actions, its time to press the power off button - and like others may have said - another user cannot harm you unless personal contact information was given out - if that is the case and your family starts to get threatened OFF of home and the PSN, then police contact should be your next steps

good luck and welcome to home (still in beta)

I was gonna write pretty much the same thing but you stole all my ideas!  Couldnt agree more with what you wrote....time to turn off the system and get some fresh air!

Message 27 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

Jun 25, 2011

I'm not trying to troll you but I'm going to respond to only the original post. I'm not going to bother reading this whole thread. All I have to say is:

Welcome to the internet.

I'm sure you don't understand it, but it is what it is. I wouldn't take anything people say seriously. There are losers who hide behind the wall of anonymity the internet provides, much like road rage sufferers hide behind their car. A lot of them say things just trying to get a rise out of someone.

Follow everyone's advice here about reporting and what not. But don't expect this to not happen. Anywhere people gather online, there will be trolling. It doesn't matter if it's Playstation Home, or Engadget, or whatever message board you go to, any chat services you use, anywhere you go online there are bound to be trolls. Just ignore it and move on. Having a negative reaction only encourages the behavior. Some people are immature like that.

I wouldn't take death threats seriously and I wouldn't respond or react either. Report and move on. Rinse and repeat.

You must learn to accept there will be trolls or you will never be able to use the internet in peace. I've been going online (unsupervised) since I was about 11 or 12. I'm nearly 28.

Message 28 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
1180 posts

Jun 25, 2011

Hi Gildabrid, sorry to hear that your daughter has had some bad experiences with other users in Home. As the Lead Moderator in Home, please let me assure you that we do have moderators roaming the spaces regularly, but as others have noted, they can't be everywhere at once. That's why we encourage users to use the Report feature if they notice another user breaking the rules and there aren't any moderators nearby. We do review every report we receive, and take action accordingly.

I hope your daughter will continue to enjoy Home, despite some bad experiences... as I'm sure some of the regulars here will tell you, there are plenty of good (even amazing) experiences to be had in Home as well, especially when you find the right people.

PlayStation Moderation and Support
Message 29 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jun 25, 2011

my wife cant go play  games without getting hundreds of friend request not even looking at them.they just scan room for girls.i have to sit next to my daughter while she plays the games.it sucks.

Message 30 of 138 (39 Views)
0 Likes